[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Dec 4, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #7,277 of 9,288
About the hiss: Even if the min recommended by FiiO is 16ohms, you can get hiss with <= 24ohms IEMs. This happens even with their FH7, even if they disguise it better. A few people in this thread didnt notice it anyway, it all depends on your hearing / age. I'd say do not bother and enjoy the listening, the hiss shouldn't be super noticeable anyways.

Dec 4, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #7,278 of 9,288
You can check the audio path in Poweramp Settings - Audio -Audio Info. If you want to use the M11 full Dac features you have to go to settings - audio - Output - hi-Res Output and activate it there. I hope this helps.
I get 24bit 384 KHZ so it should be using the full resolution the DAC can provide

So in this set up with poweramp it’s using the M11 DACs and giving full resolution playback ?

As the audio info for me shows this :

4DA0590B-5F6F-4AAB-95F1-F1D1AC8306F5.jpeg

Dec 6, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #7,279 of 9,288
Ok my m11 has decided not to play audio out of the 3.5 socket. Tried numerous fixes , cache, reinstall, full reinstall , plus some offered by fiio all to no avail. I'm currently trying to mediate a send back to fiio as dont possess receipt so cant send back to supplier, but surely this still covered under manufacturers warranty as the m11 has not even been out a year @JamesFiiO any help?
Also this is the second unit on this thread to have this issue , although think we have just been unlucky.

Dec 6, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #7,280 of 9,288
About the hiss: Even if the min recommended by FiiO is 16ohms, you can get hiss with <= 24ohms IEMs. This happens even with their FH7, even if they disguise it better. A few people in this thread didnt notice it anyway, it all depends on your hearing / age. I'd say do not bother and enjoy the listening, the hiss shouldn't be super noticeable anyways.
One way to avoid hiss to is to use m11 as digital transport and leave the rest to an external DAC

Dec 6, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #7,281 of 9,288
Ok my m11 has decided not to play audio out of the 3.5 socket. Tried numerous fixes , cache, reinstall, full reinstall , plus some offered by fiio all to no avail. I'm currently trying to mediate a send back to fiio as dont possess receipt so cant send back to supplier, but surely this still covered under manufacturers warranty as the m11 has not even been out a year @JamesFiiO any help?
Also this is the second unit on this thread to have this issue , although think we have just been unlucky.
Sorry to hear that. Hope they exercise the warranty and fix/replace the unit. Although it makes me want to check my 3.5mm output tonight

Dec 6, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #7,283 of 9,288
It's incredible how many faulty 3.5 cases have been poping up over here. Out of curiosity, did you buy the M11s after the launch or were you in the "first batch" that bought from the official Aliexpress store? Wow...

Dec 6, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #7,286 of 9,288
If it's a UK company.
Give them a call (if possible) or drop them an email.
It must still be under guarantee, they must fix it or replace.
As explained I cannot return to company as I am not the purchaser and do not have receipt , but I know where it was purchased and approx when, in this circumstance surely if I cant return to vendor then I can return to fiio as the unit itself and all units are about 6 months old on release and therefore still in manufacturers warranty. im just waiting in response from fiio or @JamesFiiO and that they are willing to resolve amicably as I am really not going to be happy if they are unwilling to resolve a product that's less than six months old regardless.....also interesting is the last post that I'm not the only one to have suffered this issue, and maybe more widespread than I thought.
Will post my response soon

Dec 7, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #7,290 of 9,288
I have one cable that I can switch terminations on. So controlling for that, I don’t notice any difference in the SQ between 2.5 and 4.4. I’m firmly in the 4.4 camp for durability though.

hi.

is there any difference between the 4.4mm and 2.5mm connections in terms of SQ of the M11? Am thinking of getting the BTR5 to upgrade my BTR3 and that's got a 2.5mm socket, my X7ii has 2.5mm too, so getting the Fiio LC 2.5mm upgrade cable seems to be a +ve upgrade for my FH7s, but wondering if I'm losing out over the 4.4mm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back