[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 14, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #2,971 of 9,288
Ok the volume wheel is getting annoying. Is there a way to have the screen volume to pop up without using the wheel?

Also why are people having so much hate on 2.5mm? Has anyone have had problems with it?
My engineer side tells to like 4.4mm but I have never had a problem with the 2.5mm.

I don't think 2.5 breaks easily. And it sounds wonderful, don't worry about that. I never had a problem either.

About the wheel, what's wrong? I guess you can download some app to ease your access to the volume. It would be good if FiiO adds the possibility to customize the buttons anyways (or maybe it exists already?) so we can choose between volume / skip or even disable them completely.

Jun 14, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #2,972 of 9,288
That’s odd, you should take this up with FiiO. Each and every unit should be coming off the production line with a screen protector. It’s not like one of those crappy phone screen protectors, it fits totally flush. If I didn’t know to look I wouldn’t know it was there.

Nah, it's not there... I triple checked as you guys were confirming it. But it doesn't bother me. Everything else is there. Plus the product was 100% sealed. :)

Jun 14, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #2,973 of 9,288
That’s odd, you should take this up with FiiO. Each and every unit should be coming off the production line with a screen protector. It’s not like one of those crappy phone screen protectors, it fits totally flush. If I didn’t know to look I wouldn’t know it was there.

Aye totally its in the sales pitch *preinstalled screen cover

Juj

Jun 14, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #2,974 of 9,288
2.5mm plugs break by looking at them incorrectly. Very weak. I take care of my stuff and have broken them by barely touching them. 4.4 is built like a tank.
They do? Never had a single issue. Was I to yank one without realizing it was connected, or have it bounce around in a bag or pocket, maybe, but I baby my stuff so that would never happen.

Jun 14, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #2,975 of 9,288
Ok the volume wheel is getting annoying. Is there a way to have the screen volume to pop up without using the wheel?

Also why are people having so much hate on 2.5mm? Has anyone have had problems with it?
My engineer side tells to like 4.4mm but I have never had a problem with the 2.5mm.
People like to complain about stuff. For example I don't like that the corners are pointy

Jun 14, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #2,976 of 9,288
I have no electrical background aside from putting a key inside the wall outlet when I was a kid, but in my eyes you are some sort of shorting the two grounds together and probably might end up damaging the internals of the player.

Thank you! You are probably correct. I just might stop using the adapter if it comes to that. :)

Jun 14, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #2,978 of 9,288
I'd have to agree with you on being not truly balanced. But I have to digress on my previous statement. The more I listen to it, the more I realize that what I'm getting is more detail. It isn't as smooth but switching back to the 3.5mm port feels like I was missing something. Could just be the extra power (a lot of it). But whatever it's doing, it's doing something right. Oh and if you can point me to a Shure SRH440 cable that's truly balanced, would appreciate it. Not 2.5 please. It really looks flimsy. 4.4 would be preferable (something that ships to Asia). Thanks a lot!

P.S. My Grado doesn't have a detachable cable so there's that. :)
I guess the consensus is to stop using it now after several replies. Thanks everyone for all the info!

Jun 14, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #2,980 of 9,288

I've often wondered if part of my 2.5mm jack will be left flush with the player. 4.4mm feels more reassuring to use.

Jun 14, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #2,981 of 9,288
Playlists and WiFi transfer work perfectly fine - how are you not getting them to work?
HD598 are bog standard, not much better (if at all) than ATHM50s. Not surprised you're not hearing an improvement, you've hit the ceiling of those cans.
Double tap is too much for you, you want a single tap? Apart from anything else, the chances of this leading to more-frequently-than-desired accidental unlocks while in a pocket are reason enough to stick with double-tap.
Same reason for not having the screen active while asleep for gestures - plus the battery life. Does any player work in this fashion?
Can't find the volume wheel in a pinch? Maybe you need to orient it differently in your pocket (I'm assuming this is when it happens) so the wheel is uppermost and your thumb can turn it.
Dimmed album art - if using Fiio music, you can access this in the theme/look settings so that your album art is the wallpaper and also the lockscreen wallpaper.
Screen protector came already applied - are you 100% sure it's not already on there and you haven't realised it?

I agree that the price is not cheap. Compared to the competition, Fiio is providing considerable value for the price asked IMO.

Impossible to import playlists. It is says « confirm », but confirm what? I can't give a location from where to import. And I don't see any playlist showing up under the playlist heading.

WiFi transfer may have transferred something, but what and where was so unclear that I put it aside and fell back to the old way of transferring via usb.

I am not carrying the M11 in my pocket. Also, as I said, the single tap should be an option. Would be way better than not only the present double tap to wake the screen but also the ensuing slide to unlock.

No album art on my sleeping screen. It is dark. Though under Theme the custom background is set to « Based on album art ». Set wallpaper in the device settings does not give the option of current album art. Lockscreen album art is on. Also, the screen saver is on and set to show the clock. But it only does that when the device is charging.

There was no mention of a screen protector in the Fiio documentation and I read on this forum somewhere that only the back has a protection. If there also is one on the front side as well I don't see it.

Jun 14, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #2,982 of 9,288
Impossible to import playlists. It is says « confirm », but confirm what? I can't give a location from where to import. And I don't see any playlist showing up under the playlist heading.

I was having this issue to and they are in, local music, 5th option the little folder, ineternal or sd torage , playlist.
Actual hero bro

Hope this helps

Juj

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #2,983 of 9,288
8ef7991d29b39fd2d3cab8b899169ff6.jpeg

Juj

Jun 14, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #2,984 of 9,288

I got one of the first batch from china. It didn't have anything other than the black fiio shipping protector.

Jun 14, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #2,985 of 9,288

Users who are viewing this thread

Back