[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 14, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #2,987 of 9,288
DSC_0004[1].JPG

"My next DAP
Will be nothing like my ex DAP
I made mistakes back then
I'll never do it again"

Happy friday :)

Juj

Jun 14, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #2,989 of 9,288
People like to complain about stuff. For example I don't like that the corners are pointy
Sure do.

These are problems, minor but still problems. It helps to know the flaws and problems so companies who take the time to read the post know what improvements they can implement on the next model.

The issue i have with the volume wheel is it takes way too many spins of it to have any substantial changes in volume. I understand on the hardware side nothing can be done so I am looking for a solution on the software side.

Jun 14, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #2,990 of 9,288
Maybe have
I don't think 2.5 breaks easily. And it sounds wonderful, don't worry about that. I never had a problem either.

About the wheel, what's wrong? I guess you can download some app to ease your access to the volume. It would be good if FiiO adds the possibility to customize the buttons anyways (or maybe it exists already?) so we can choose between volume / skip or even disable them completely.
Ideally I would rather have the skip track buttons as volume so i could just hold it down to quickly lower or raise the volume and have the wheel for reversing and skipping tracks.

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #2,992 of 9,288
I hope @JamesFiiO will expand the DLNA options for the M11.
Currently I can only reach my NAS as a twonky server which for my intended use, is not ideal. I hope an SMB option will become available in the near future as I haven't found another way to play from my NAS (given that the UAPP is incompatible).

On another note, I have noticed with some FLAC files the cue file is not loaded which results the audio file to be accessed as a whole and not as separate songs with featured metadata. I'm pretty sure all my FLACs come with their cue lists so I have no clue why this happens...
Anyone else noticed a similar issue?

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #2,993 of 9,288
They do? Never had a single issue. Was I to yank one without realizing it was connected, or have it bounce around in a bag or pocket, maybe, but I baby my stuff so that would never happen.
Yea. They actually do. Grab one and compare it to 3.5 and 4.4. Do you honestly think its the same? I baby my stuff too, but schiit happens and I have broken them just by pulling a dap over to me by the cable. Something that should never result in a bent jack, but yup.

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #2,994 of 9,288
Yea. They actually do. Grab one and compare it to 3.5 and 4.4. Do you honestly think its the same? I baby my stuff too, but schiit happens and I have broken them just by pulling a dap over to me by the cable. Something that should never result in a bent jack, but yup.
You mean 2.5 , not 3.5. But one of my cowon has 3.5 balance.

Jun 14, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #2,996 of 9,288

If you have broken or bent your 2.5mm just by pulling it over your dap, its more likely a issue with your connector/wire quality.

I would rather have a 2.5mm male connector be the weak point than the female socket of the DAP.

Playing devils advocate here. I do prefer 4.4mm (right angled) but i do see pros and cons to both.

Jun 14, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #2,997 of 9,288
Looks like someone plugged their DAP into my dad's PC and ripped his collection from his hard drive. :laughing: That's a trip.

I'm probably older than your dad, but we had excellent music when we were young:wink:

VH's first groundbreaking self titled album came out when I was in high school. And so did ACDC's highway to hell. I've seen Pink Floyd live- animals tour, Queen, The Rolling stones, The Who, U2- Joshua Tree tour, ACDC and Rush countless times. Pretty much any band I wanted to see except Zeppelin, I had tickets but bonzo died :frowning2: Even got to see Stevie ray and Jeff Beck together :)

The 70's and 80's were a great time to be a teen for rock !

Jun 14, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #2,998 of 9,288

If you can get this amp and have the money ...you should snatch it.

Did you ever figure out what 4.4 -> 4.4 connector you had?

My M11 arrived and after a quick charging I started playing with it. Very nicely built, fast and fluid interface, amazing quality for the money! My first Fiio DAP was the X3 II, not too bad, but the M11 looks like it is coming from another universe in comparison :) Dropped two micro SD cards in, a Samsung 256 GB and a SanDisk 200GB, both recognised and scanned without any issues. I have formatted the SanDisk one in the unit, just to see how that work. No issues. The only problem so far is that Tidal would not use the microSD card for storage. I will have to look into that as the internal storage is very small and I'm not keen to fill it with tunes.
Sound wise I am still testing but so far I am impressed. M11 is driving nicely my Sony Z1Rs over the 4.4mm balanced port and the Noble K10 sounds really sweet driven from the 2.5mm balanced port. Will have to see how it compared with my MojoPoly but so far so good. What I can already say is that it has plenty of power and no headphone in my collection will be begging for more.

All in all, I think that the M11 is a steal at this price. I looked into buying an A&K DAP for 3X the asking price but the lack of 4.4mm balanced port made me go for Fiio. The 2.5mm ports are a joke and the sooner they die, the better. Sometimes I wish Apple used because it would have been eradicated by now :D

PS: just got confirmation my free leather M11 case will be on its way starting 25 June. Thanks Fiio!

That new Slipknot song is so good. Can't wait for the new record.

I'm probably older than your dad, but we had excellent music when we were young:wink:

VH's first groundbreaking self titled album came out when I was in high school. And so did ACDC's highway to hell. I've seen Pink Floyd live- animals tour, Queen, The Rolling stones, The Who, U2- Joshua Tree tour, ACDC and Rush countless times. Pretty much any band I wanted to see except Zeppelin, I had tickets but bonzo died :frowning2: Even got to see Stevie ray and Jeff Beck together :)

He's gonna be 53 this year, so do with that what you will lol, but if you were in high school when VH broke on the scene, I can only imagine there's like a 5-10 year difference between you, if that. Those sound like incredible shows! I know he told me he saw Floyd and Rush a handful of times when he was younger and he's seen U2 more times than I can keep track of (he saw them last year for the Experience + Innocence Tour and the year prior for The Joshua Tree Anniversary). I just love seeing pictures of album artwork I grew up seeing around the house. Makes me nostalgic for simpler times.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #2,999 of 9,288
The issue i have with the volume wheel is it takes way too many spins of it to have any substantial changes in volume. I understand on the hardware side nothing can be done so I am looking for a solution on the software side.
Which headphone are you using that are so insensitive to the volume wheel? 5-10 short clicks on the FH5 makes a huge difference to the volume. Also the faster you spin the wheel the faster the volume changes. You don’t have to single-click it.

Jun 14, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #3,000 of 9,288

I still have a holographic coin thing that got dropped out of the air in a Floyd concert :) Yes your dad probably did some of the same stuff I did- hang out at mall to scope chicks mostly food court of spencers, hang out at arcade, see some movies and go to concerts. No internet to speak of and games weren't involved like they are now, so it was smoke the weed and go see your favourite rock group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back