[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 4, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #1,937 of 9,288
I'm a user of the FiiO X5iii. Could someone please explain what the difference is between that device and this M11?

Thanks mucho.
M11 doesn't have as warm of a sound signature, but has 3GB of RAM as opposed to the x5iii's 1GB. The overall experience of the M11 is smoother and has more detail in the sound.

I had the x5iii for about a week and, while I loved the sound signature, I had to return it and wait for a quicker device because I use Tidal. The M11 delivers.

Jun 4, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #1,938 of 9,288
M11 doesn't have as warm of a sound signature, but has 3GB of RAM as opposed to the x5iii's 1GB. The overall experience of the M11 is smoother and has more detail in the sound.

I had the x5iii for about a week and, while I loved the sound signature, I had to return it and wait for a quicker device because I use Tidal. The M11 delivers.
I understand about the X5III not being fast enough with Tidal, but playing music from its SD cards and using various music player apps was fast.

Jun 4, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #1,939 of 9,288
I understand about the X5III not being fast enough with Tidal, but playing music from its SD cards and using various music player apps was fast.
I still found the overall performance a bit sluggish unless I was in the dedicated music mode.

Jun 4, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #1,941 of 9,288
Well after having this little beauty for a few hours I smitten with it. In comparison to the Hiby R6 (I had 2 fail on me) it feels like a big step up in all aspects except maybe the FiiO app but I also could just be a learning curve.
For my test I listen to :
Radiohead - Pyramid Song
Eric Clapton - Cocaine
Rage Against The Machine - Bulls On Parade
Philip Glass - Rubric
Atmophere - Shoulda Known

I went for a walk and used In ears these were the Denon AH-C700 and FiiO FH5, While at my desk the full size headphones I used were the Philips Fidelio x2 and Audeze LCD-2 Closed.
I found the M11 to playback on these without it altering the sound signature or giving any audible hiss.

I'm blowen away by the level of detail it can produce, Sorry for the ramble.

Juj
Could always download the hiby app apk if you miss it. What's the size difference between the hiby r6 and the m11 please? Got an r6 but got one of the early ones with the rubbish wifi despite being replaced. Oh and what's the average battery life on the m11?

Thanks

Jun 4, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #1,942 of 9,288
Could always download the hiby app apk if you miss it. What's the size difference between the hiby r6 and the m11 please? Got an r6 but got one of the early ones with the rubbish wifi despite being replaced. Oh and what's the average battery life on the m11?

Thanks
So the Hiby is 116 X 66 X 15 mm where as the FiiO is bigger at 130 x 70.5 x 15.5 mm

I'm gonna try sticking with the fiio app for a week see if I wanna keep it.

Juj

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #1,943 of 9,288
Was there ever anything found out about Viper HiFi that's all in Chinese? What is it? Is there a plan to make it English?

I was wondering about this Viper HiFi app too...

Jun 4, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #1,944 of 9,288
I'm a user of the FiiO X5iii. Could someone please explain what the difference is between that device and this M11?

Thanks mucho.
Sure, it's a better sounding, better looking, better performing dap in every way. The end. Seriously though, tons of comparisons just in this thread, and on FiiO's site as well.

Jun 4, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #1,945 of 9,288
Looking forward to receiving mine soon

Does using a balanced connection (either 2.5 or 4.4 mm) make the vocals sound forward? (I am sensitive to forward mids lol)
No, but depending on your IEM/headphone balanced often improves stage/separation and of course gives you more power/voltage.

Jun 4, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #1,946 of 9,288
You can download viper audio from their US website but it
I was wondering about this Viper HiFi app too...

I've tried to use the viper app off their US website, but both times it needs the device to be rooted. It would be good for those who want a deep bass boost like cowon has. Chinese one obviously works, not that I need a bass boost with my stuff I just remember it from the x5iii and it had some neat effects.

Also I'm growing fonder of fiio music- it does sound better than hiby music , because of the android stack. It needs a few more tweaks though.

I'm also really confused with reviews ok review saying the bass is soft and the unit can't do fast EDM or rock properly?? The bass on mine hits deep and hard when it's supposed to and it has a fast clean decay and attack. Nothing gets buried no matter how complex or fast the track is. Wonderful resolution and plenty of space between stuff.

I get we all hear things differently, but soft bass and a slower speed suited better to acoustic music isn't the m11. Unless the 3.5 Jack has those characteristics, I've only used balanced.

And to the person who asked about this and the x5iii, the m11 feels and sounds like a flagship dap- even though it's not supposed to be. :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #1,947 of 9,288
You can download viper audio from their US website but it

I've tried to use the viper app off their US website, but both times it needs the device to be rooted. It would be good for those who want a deep bass boost like cowon has. Chinese one obviously works, not that I need a bass boost with my stuff I just remember it from the x5iii.

Also I'm growing fonder of fiio music- it does sound better than hiby music , because of the android stack. It needs a few more tweaks though.

I'm also really confused with reviews ok review saying the bass is soft and the unit can't do fast EDM or rock properly?? The bass on mine hits deep and hard when it's supposed to and it has a fast clean decay and attack. Nothing gets buried no matter how complex or fast the track is. Wonderful resolution and plenty of space between stuff.

And to the person who asked about this and the x5iii, the m11 feels and sounds like a flagship dap- even though it's not supposed to be. :wink:
So is the Viper HiFi that is preinstalled the same as Viper Audio?

Jun 4, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #1,948 of 9,288
@FiiO The Music app seems not to be able to deal with special characters in the tags and displays Chinese signs instead. This happens for example in the case of: “ ‘ , ä, ü, ø, “ etc.

Is there a solution and did anyone else notice this?
Yeah, just noticed it for the first time when a track by Børns popped up. Really odd!

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #1,950 of 9,288
I got my M11. :)
First impressions: WOW. What a heavyweight!
Second. It seems my problems with gapless playback / micro gaps gone with the M11 device. In addition it seems, M7 and M9 had not enough power / RAM to process a good playback streaming....
Third. The new internal +12dB EQ is okay in treble but I cannot see / hear great differences in setting the (sub) bass bands (similar to M7 & M9 - but there is just a gain of +6 dB max).

@FiiO
Can you check the EQ in (sub) bass, pls? Maybe there is a kind of limiter implemented for bass?
My Hidisz Ap080 makes much (much much) more bass (without any distortions).
LDAC HQ connect with Sony headphones (1000XM3)
Congrats on the new player! What's your impression on the sound quality compared to the M7/M9? Do you use balanced or SE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back