[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 4, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #1,921 of 9,288
Just got my pre-ordered unit and gf took a product shot after loading the sd card. received_2098381720459989.jpeg

Jun 4, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #1,923 of 9,288
Well after having this little DSC_0230[1].JPG beauty for a few hours I smitten with it. In comparison to the Hiby R6 (I had 2 fail on me) it feels like a big step up in all aspects except maybe the FiiO app but I also could just be a learning curve.
For my test I listen to :
Radiohead - Pyramid Song
Eric Clapton - Cocaine
Rage Against The Machine - Bulls On Parade
Philip Glass - Rubric
Atmophere - Shoulda Known

I went for a walk and used In ears these were the Denon AH-C700 and FiiO FH5, While at my desk the full size headphones I used were the Philips Fidelio x2 and Audeze LCD-2 Closed.
I found the M11 to playback on these without it altering the sound signature or giving any audible hiss.

I'm blowen away by the level of detail it can produce, Sorry for the ramble.

Juj

Jun 4, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #1,924 of 9,288
Funny thing is I have MP3 sounding better or as good as DSD. I also had Flacs sounding worse than MP3s.

I think a lot depends on the way the albums mastered too. I mean that particular album sounds fantastic, even in mp3. A lot of my albums I ripped when 128kps was still viable, yes a long time ago.... :)

Jun 4, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #1,925 of 9,288
So the album cover fills the whole screen! What setting gets that to happen?
I think background was due to the spotify playing while the screen is lock. Not the native Fiio music app.

Jun 4, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #1,927 of 9,288
Seeing you too have a xdp300r, I would really love to hear your thoughts on how do you think the M11 compares.
I will give them a good side by side listen probably this weekend when I am not busy and have lots of time to listen to music. I will need to load the same test music files for better comparison results.

Jun 4, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #1,928 of 9,288
I got my M11. :)
First impressions: WOW. What a heavyweight!
Second. It seems my problems with gapless playback / micro gaps gone with the M11 device. In addition it seems, M7 and M9 had not enough power / RAM to process a good playback streaming....
Third. The new internal +12dB EQ is okay in treble but I cannot see / hear great differences in setting the (sub) bass bands (similar to M7 & M9 - but there is just a gain of +6 dB max).

@FiiO
Can you check the EQ in (sub) bass, pls? Maybe there is a kind of limiter implemented for bass?
My Hidisz Ap080 makes much (much much) more bass (without any distortions).
LDAC HQ connect with Sony headphones (1000XM3)

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #1,929 of 9,288
Second. It seems my problems with gapless playback / micro gaps gone with the M11 device. In addition it seems, M7 and M9 had not enough power / RAM to process a good playback streaming....
Third. The new internal +12dB EQ is okay in treble but I cannot see / hear great differences in setting the (sub) bass bands (similar to M7 & M9 - but there is just a gain of +6 dB max).

@FiiO
Can you check the EQ in (sub) bass, pls? Maybe there is a kind of limiter implemented for bass?
They should add a Sub Woofer button.

Jun 4, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #1,930 of 9,288
@FiiO The Music app seems not to be able to deal with special characters in the tags and displays Chinese signs instead. This happens for example in the case of: “ ‘ , ä, ü, ø, “ etc.

Is there a solution and did anyone else notice this?

Jun 4, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #1,933 of 9,288

@FiiO
Have you heard some differences in sound from m9, m7? Do you feel m11 worth upgrade from these ? Thanks

Jun 4, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #1,934 of 9,288
Have you heard some differences in sound from m9, m7? Do you feel m11 worth upgrade from these ? Thanks
micro gaps are gone and gapless playback is working fine....but I don't use the FiiO music app....now, I use my preferred music app.
I detect the internal EQ is not working so fine for me (in bass it's similar to the M7 / M9)....but in past I had the AP80 with a better internal EQ (graphic / parametric).... but you can use your preferred music app @M11.
The hardware of the M11 is very fine (no distortions or other problems detect). In my mind one of the best players....in my situation, the upgrade from M7 / M9 was perfect. :)

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #1,935 of 9,288
micro gaps are gone and gapless playback is working fine....but I don't use the FiiO music app....now, I use my preferred music app.
I detect the internal EQ is not working so fine for me (in bass it's similar to the M7 / M9)....but in past I had the AP80 with a better internal EQ (graphic / parametric).... but you can use your preferred music app @M11.
The hardware of the M11 is very fine (no distortions or other problems detect). In my mind one of the best players....in my situation, the upgrade from M7 / M9 was perfect. :)
Thanks :) i think with m11 with many different apps to choose it's possible to tweak the sound much more than in restricted m7, m9. Heard viper efects if they work with m11 should be able to make more bass if needed. As i believe m11 not very strong in bass, more neutral. I am waiting my from china so when i get it i will surely try so tweak the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back