Fiio M11 - 2 x AK4493, 2 x Card Slots, 4.4mm, 2.5mm Balanced, 3.5mm SE, 720P Bezeless Screen, 3GB RAM 32GB Storage
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #121 of 192
Please check the M11 for micro gaps (normal MP3 / FLAC files) and gapless playback (normal FLAC).
In addition pls check the LDAC BT connection comp. with the M11. M7 and M9 had massive problems with BT devices before fixed (app crashes / button skip problems / WiFi distortions due to 2,4 GHz).
Furthermore pls check for gapless playback and EQ while transcoding "all" files to DSD and check if there a pre gain implemented for DSD files (-3 / -6 dB pre gain). Thanks :)

If you stick a broom up my arse I can sweep up at the same time....

Seriously though, yeah, I can check most of those things. Ldac will be an early test anyway (Mobius) so I'll make sure it works with WiFi simultaneously.

Gapless playback, yeah, my preference.

Dsd and eq, you'll have to wait a little, because I also want to just listen to the thing, but I'll put them in my list

Mar 21, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #122 of 192
Head of Fiio just stated the M11 is the mid-to-high end M-series music player and there's plans for 3 higher-end music players but maybe not this year

Mar 21, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #124 of 192
Hiby R6 pro with UAT transmission to W5 gets my vote.

I have a love hate relationship with my M9

Lack of simultaneous WiFi and LDAC
very poor screen touch responsiveness
Lack of global eq

Fiio may have blown it with me.

Why not Oreo? That's the Android version with the HiRes reputation! How can I be confident that non Fii0 apps like Qobuz and Tidal will pass through a pre Oreo Android version and not get reduced to 44.1k 16 bit?

The Exynos 7872 is more powerful than the SoC used in the M6/M9 but I also don't understand why don't have Oreo. They claim it only supports Nougat.

Mar 21, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #125 of 192
Mar 21, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #126 of 192
If you stick a broom up my arse I can sweep up at the same time....

Seriously though, yeah, I can check most of those things. Ldac will be an early test anyway (Mobius) so I'll make sure it works with WiFi simultaneously.

Gapless playback, yeah, my preference.

Dsd and eq, you'll have to wait a little, because I also want to just listen to the thing, but I'll put them in my list
Thanks, cause it's really REALLY important for future devices.
FiiO did not really tested BT connections with M7 & M9, both devices failed....in addition basics are not really working for M7 & M9 (data base sorting / character / special sign problems etc. pp).
I hope, FiiO fix the whole cloud of issues before M11 release! Otherwise, the device will be a desaster!

Mar 22, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #128 of 192
it probably should be great transport/dac for WA11 topaz. I was going to buy m9 for this (now use x7ii and m7) - but I think I should wait for this think.

Mar 23, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #129 of 192
People have recieved M11, pics and comments in reviews.

https://item.m.jd.com/product/42609886043.html#summary

Use chrome etc to translate the reviews.

Seem that M11 tuning is on the brighter, clearer side and low end is leaner (some upgrade from X5III). So M11 shares same tuning from M series. Which can be good or can be bad. As i don't use darker Iems and like low end pronounced for me it could be a problem. Will look for more opinions.

Mar 23, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #131 of 192
Mar 23, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #132 of 192
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back