[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Aug 22, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #1,126 of 1,922
I've always sworn that cables " THEY DONT DO JACK!" Laugh all you want if you disagree , Clap all you want if you agree.

I've been a Sony then Denon user since the mid 90's and FiiO FH5 were my first foray into IMEs in over 10 years and my first IEM with removable cable.

When I bought the FH5 I looked at cables purely to go balanced and bought the FiiO LC2.5B (Hiby R6 only had 2.5) While the sound was louder coming from the LC3.5B cable, I still did not give any credence to cables.

So after the a long and hard battle with my audiohobo demons I gave in a bought the FH7 and then a few days later I relapsed and bought a ISN C16 4.4 MMCX cable :p

I've had the FH7 11 days paired with the LC2.5B and then today my Lovely looking cable arrived, still not a beliver.

2 hours later it could just be my wallet willing me to hear a change but THIS cable make a difference What.

I have been listening to music via the M11 on Low gain volume at 40.

I am finding that the lows are fuller with mids much the same and the treble ever so slightly tamed, what the feck am I talking about!!!

When I say fuller I meant that there is more notes to be heard in the bass and with the treble its still great just a little less but that could be due to my perception to the bass changes.

Its a nice thick cable with a quality feeling weave its a little stiff but fresh out the box so gotta give it some time on that front.

My only dislike with that cable and that is there is no ear hook but its not too much that its unusable over ear I might JUJ'it up.

Some of the music I enjoyed

Links to cables
https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-LC-2-5B-Balanced-Earphone-Replacement/dp/B07FZWNRWK
https://penonaudio.com/isn-c16.html?search=isn

As I've said in the past I'm just a audiohobo and as such what the feck would I know :) But this cable gets the Audiohobo 2 thumbs up

Sorry to anyone I was a c-unit to in the past over this :p

This is great news Juj! And just what I wanted to hear. Copper is said to do EXACTLY what you're describing - beef up the low end, and slightly tame the highs, and if the FH7 needs any tweaks to its sound, those two are it. Going to get me one of these cables pronto!

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #1,127 of 1,922
@gLer I have found with the SpiralDots that they need a o-ring as a spacer or else the FH7 nozle is almost out the other side is this normal?

Aug 22, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #1,129 of 1,922
20190822_205759.jpg 20190822_205824.jpg

Aug 22, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #1,133 of 1,922
@gLer I have found with the SpiralDots that they need a o-ring as a spacer or else the FH7 nozle is almost out the other side is this normal?
That is actually normal - the Spirals are very shallow. But your comment is good timing because just today I went out to get some o-rings so I can experiment with how they sound with a deeper opening. Will take me a few days to make notes, but meanwhile I can tell you a .8mm or 1mm o-ring will work well. Get one with an inside diameter of 5-5.5mm as the FH7 nozzle is 5.8mm wide at the base.

PS. Pushing the nozzles forward meant that I’ve had to go down one size because an M Spiral doesn’t fit now that it’s pushed about 1mm deeper. Luckily I has MS Spirals as well, which work nicely. The fit is a little different now because they push right into my ear canal.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #1,134 of 1,922
That is actually normal - the Spirals are very shallow. But your comment is good timing because just today I went out to get some o-rings so I can experiment with how they sound with a deeper opening. Will take me a few days to make notes, but meanwhile I can tell you a .8mm or 1mm o-ring will work well. Get one with an inside diameter of 5-5.5mm as the FH7 nozzle is 5.8mm wide at the base.

I used the o-rings left over from dampening my keyboard.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00UFLH7FK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aug 22, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #1,135 of 1,922
Aug 23, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #1,139 of 1,922
My large Spiral Dots arrived yesterday and loving them for superior fit and isolation they give compared to the spinfits. Slightly different sound to spinfits and not sure which I prefer yet. Could be spinfits are slightly more vibrant and exciting sounding altho I use them with the bass filter for optimum results with my ears. Black filters with the Spirals work better than on the spinfits altho I've reverted to bass filter for the moment nonetheless.

Aug 23, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #1,140 of 1,922
My large Spiral Dots arrived yesterday and loving them for superior fit and isolation they give compared to the spinfits. Slightly different sound to spinfits and not sure which I prefer yet. Could be spinfits are slightly more vibrant and exciting sounding altho I use them with the bass filter for optimum results with my ears. Black filters with the Spirals work better than on the spinfits altho I've reverted to bass filter for the moment nonetheless.

I found that a small o-ring helped with the fit of the spiral dots and it gave more to sound

left has an o ring right without
DSC_0028[1].JPG

But I have a massive head :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back