[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Aug 22, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #1,112 of 1,922
No, but I've heard they are expensive and compared to them the fiio one is a bargain. It has something to do with how I perceive cables. :wink:
Don’t worry I’m with you. I don’t do snake oil myself. But wouldn’t mind trying a pure copper cable with the FH7. Silver tends to make everything too sharp and bright.

Aug 22, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #1,113 of 1,922
Don’t worry I’m with you. I don’t do snake oil myself. But wouldn’t mind trying a pure copper cable with the FH7. Silver tends to make everything too sharp and bright.
DSC_0025[1].JPGDSC_0029[1].JPG

Just through the door along with my SpiralDots :p :)

Aug 22, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #1,114 of 1,922
What I found the biggest PIA was the price of the 4.4D. I can somehow justify a dap's price, but it feels odd to spend money on a cable(even if it sounded good). Thanks for the good thoughts :)
btw i love this :) on headfi
I've yet to delve into FH7+balanced cables. I got some for my FH5's and LZ A4's but they failed around the time i got the FH7 so im loathe too to spend another 100 (insert currency of choice) on set. Ive spent too much this year already :)

Yeah Headfi's great.

Aug 22, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #1,115 of 1,922
Aug 22, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #1,116 of 1,922
I tried the copper balanced cable with the fh7 and m11 and It really opened up the soundstage. The drum solo in Take Five felt very far away
I used the balanced copper fiio cable as well and it really opened up the soundstage. The drum solo on take five was really out of my head at like an arm's length ish on my left. On pink Floyd's Money the sounds in the intro were located in a realistic manner(those supposed to be in the back were kind of close to the "back of my ear"). Quite a fantastic feeling to be honest. It came at the price of clarity and positioning though. The silver cable made everything sound clearer and though is made the soundstage smaller, sounds had better layering and a more precise position.

Aug 22, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #1,119 of 1,922
Aug 22, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #1,120 of 1,922
You lucky man you! Please share comparisons with the 2.5B. That’s exactly the cable I’m eyeing. Looks amazing on the FH7, hope it sounds just as good.

Thanks buddy I'll report back laters, I'll give each cable an hour or two then share my opinion :)

Penon are hong kong based so was blowen away to recive the stuff today also did not pay any extra for shipping cant rec highly enough on that front.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #1,121 of 1,922
I tried the copper balanced cable with the fh7 and m11 and It really opened up the soundstage. The drum solo in Take Five felt very far away

I used the balanced copper fiio cable as well and it really opened up the soundstage. The drum solo on take five was really out of my head at like an arm's length ish on my left. On pink Floyd's Money the sounds in the intro were located in a realistic manner(those supposed to be in the back were kind of close to the "back of my ear"). Quite a fantastic feeling to be honest. It came at the price of clarity and positioning though. The silver cable made everything sound clearer and though is made the soundstage smaller, sounds had better layering and a more precise position.
FiIO doesn’t make a pure copper cable, which one did you use?

The FH7 is so clear I’ll gladly sacrifice a touch of clarity for added warmth and musicality, not that either is lacking. Just for a different flavour.

Aug 22, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #1,122 of 1,922
Aug 22, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #1,124 of 1,922
Yep that’s the one. Excellent cable that, both build and sound. Prefer it to the C cables. Haven’t heard the D.

Aye LC2.5B is a great cable just the hooks could be a little tight for my ego :p

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #1,125 of 1,922
I've always sworn that cables " THEY DONT DO JACK!" Laugh all you want if you disagree , Clap all you want if you agree.

I've been a Sony then Denon user since the mid 90's and FiiO FH5 were my first foray into IMEs in over 10 years and my first IEM with removable cable.

When I bought the FH5 I looked at cables purely to go balanced and bought the FiiO LC2.5B (Hiby R6 only had 2.5) While the sound was louder coming from the LC3.5B cable, I still did not give any credence to cables.

So after the a long and hard battle with my audiohobo demons I gave in a bought the FH7 and then a few days later I relapsed and bought a ISN C16 4.4 MMCX cable :p

I've had the FH7 11 days paired with the LC2.5B and then today my Lovely looking cable arrived, still not a beliver.

2 hours later it could just be my wallet willing me to hear a change but THIS cable make a difference What.

I have been listening to music via the M11 on Low gain volume at 40.

I am finding that the lows are fuller with mids much the same and the treble ever so slightly tamed, what the feck am I talking about!!!

When I say fuller I meant that there is more notes to be heard in the bass and with the treble its still great just a little less but that could be due to my perception to the bass changes.

Its a nice thick cable with a quality feeling weave its a little stiff but fresh out the box so gotta give it some time on that front.

My only dislike with that cable and that is there is no ear hook but its not too much that its unusable over ear I might JUJ'it up.

Some of the music I enjoyed

Links to cables
https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-LC-2-5B-Balanced-Earphone-Replacement/dp/B07FZWNRWK
https://penonaudio.com/isn-c16.html?search=isn

As I've said in the past I'm just a audiohobo and as such what the feck would I know :) But this cable gets the Audiohobo 2 thumbs up

Sorry to anyone I was a c-unit to in the past over this :p

DSC_0025.JPG DSC_0027.JPG DSC_0026.JPG
feed back welcome :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back