[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Aug 22, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #1,097 of 1,922
Oh thats a shame. It sounds like a faulty unit. Did you consider getting a fresh unit (i assume you got your money back?)
Well, I got my money back, but I returned everything I got (the m11 and two balanced cables) because I wanted to get the sr15 after this. I wanted to try the "liquid mids" because while I liked the spaciousness of the m11 I disliked the fact that is was a little dry. And now, I am debating between the new m11 pro (which I think will be so dry i'll like it :)) and the se100

Aug 22, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #1,100 of 1,922
Well, I got my money back, but I returned everything I got (the m11 and two balanced cables) because I wanted to get the sr15 after this. I wanted to try the "liquid mids" because while I liked the spaciousness of the m11 I disliked the fact that is was a little dry. And now, I am debating between the new m11 pro (which I think will be so dry i'll like it :)) and the se100

Funny, I find the M11 fluid sounding, certainly not dry. In fact I bought the M11 because my X7ii with AM3 amp was sound a bit brittle and dry.

Will be interesting to hear your take on the SR15

Aug 22, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #1,101 of 1,922
Sounds like a fault, in the sense that your settings seem v low even for balanced. I don't listen loud, and I don't think the balanced can offer that much gain normally?

I remember using balanced on my X7ii and it was perhaps 7 or 8 stops lower than unbalanced.
As a reference, I find 25 quite loud on my V40 with the FH7.

Aug 22, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #1,103 of 1,922
Funny, I find the M11 fluid sounding, certainly not dry. In fact I bought the M11 because my X7ii with AM3 amp was sound a bit brittle and dry.

Will be interesting to hear your take on the SR15
I may get the SR15, but I am pretty set on the SE100. I am waiting for a person in Germany to respond to my PM, regarding a listing of his se.
Ok, I use around 45 on my V30.
I think the v40 is a bit more powerful, though :)

Aug 22, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #1,104 of 1,922
I may get the SR15, but I am pretty set on the SE100. I am waiting for a person in Germany to respond to my PM, regarding a listing of his se.

I think the v40 is a bit more powerful, though :)

Could be :)

Whatever DAP you get, i hope you get your hiss issue sorted. I can understand the annoyance. It's a PIA when you pay a lot of money for something and it's not quite right :)

Aug 22, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #1,105 of 1,922
Could be :)

Whatever DAP you get, i hope you get your hiss issue sorted. I can understand the annoyance. It's a PIA when you pay a lot of money for something and it's not quite right :)
What I found the biggest PIA was the price of the 4.4D. I can somehow justify a dap's price, but it feels odd to spend money on a cable(even if it sounded good). Thanks for the good thoughts :)
btw i love this :) on headfi

Aug 22, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #1,108 of 1,922
What I found the biggest PIA was the price of the 4.4D. I can somehow justify a dap's price, but it feels odd to spend money on a cable(even if it sounded good). Thanks for the good thoughts :)
btw i love this :) on headfi
The 4.4D is a pure silver cable. Have you priced other pure silver cables from known manufacturers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back