FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Aug 15, 2011 at 7:39 AM Post #46 of 611

Quote:
how is the staging of E6 itself? can it really add the soundstage depth of IPod video???(i.e. increasing the presentation of soundstage layer)
As far as I can tell, it doesn't improve soundstage as it is.

how is the sound quality of E6 itself compared to E11? is E6 brighter than E11??? because it seems that E11 is too dark for me....
I'll say E6 is brighter than E11.

Answered in bold.

Aug 16, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #50 of 611
This and the TBC - X3 from Fiio look absolutely fantastic, I can't help but support their company and buy both...Well that's my excuse to treat myself
biggrin.gif

Aug 16, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #54 of 611
Quote:
There's none on amazon and 1 on ebay but the seller won't ship until September.

If you can't buy something what's the point in advertising it.

Again... on the very first paragraph of the first post...

Quote:
E6 has been in development for over a year now and ready to be launched months ago. But due to the respect for Westone, which has decided to bundle the new E6 with some of their IEM, the launch is delayed till 25th of August. Yes, the end of this month, so that Westone will have enough time to finish up the bundle pack on their end.

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #56 of 611

Quote:
will the E5 get cheaper and replace the E3?? Most likely not.

and is the E6 a big upgrade from the E5?? See below.

1) E6 sounds better than E5. It is cleaner, more revealing and less colored. 2) The EQ on E6 is much more usable to that of E5. 3). More gain (louder) on E6. 4) It doesn't clip / distort as easily as E5 on higher input. 5) E6 hisses less than E5.

I have said it before, E6 is not going to beat E11. But for around the same price region as E5, E6 will prove to be better in almost every way, except perhaps for those who still fancy the aluminum housing on old E5.

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #57 of 611

Quote:
is it worth it to upgrade from E5 to E6?

it think yes. as i guess this will totally replace the legendary E5???

Quote:
1) E6 sounds better than E5. It is cleaner, more revealing and less colored. 2) The EQ on E6 is much more usable to that of E5. 3). More gain (louder) on E6. 4) It doesn't clip / distort as easily as E5 on higher input. 5) E6 hisses less than E5.

I have said it before, E6 is not going to beat E11. But for around the same price region as E5, E6 will prove to be better in almost every way, except perhaps for those who still fancy the aluminum housing on old E5.

nice to know that E6 is better in these sector as E5 is quite weak in these sectors stated above. It is very good to know that fiio can fix these factors. :)

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #58 of 611
to my shame... i just asked a friend who is leaving for HK on friday to get me the E6.. i know they should not be released until 25th but hey... they staying until the 27th maybe my luck will hold..  oh yeah of course i kinda forgot to tell them that it is not released yet :D 

*crossing fingers* hope they find it.. 

Aug 17, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #59 of 611
I have a Sansa Clip+ and a Klipsch S4 IEM, which is 18ohms.  Should I expect better sound quality from using this new gadget?  I'm already impressed with the sound but don't know how much it could be improved.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back