FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Jan 24, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #556 of 611
I have a question,

I have a iPod Nano 6G and plan to use line out with the Fiio E6 with ripped compact discs to 128 AAC. My question is if I use the 6G EQ with the E6 will it sound bad? Or should I use EQ off?

128kbps is not really a great quality frankly...
As for the EQ, it's up to your preference, if you are gonna use the iOS presets then you don't see the actual EQ curve anyway.

Jan 25, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #557 of 611
Hi, my gear is a Bose IE2 and Samsung Galaxy Fame (which will be replaced by a Moto X or Moto G), i've been using PowerAmp and the and the audio quality improve awesomely, but i think it can improve more, so i ask "The Fiio E6 will improve the audio quality of my gear?" i know it will be louder, but i want to know if it will make a real diference in audio quality. Thanks :)

Jan 26, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #558 of 611
I have a question,

I have a iPod Nano 6G and plan to use line out with the Fiio E6 with ripped compact discs to 128 AAC. My question is if I use the 6G EQ with the E6 will it sound bad? Or should I use EQ off?

128kbps is not really a great quality frankly...
As for the EQ, it's up to your preference, if you are gonna use the iOS presets then you don't see the actual EQ curve anyway.

Thanks, what about 256?

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #559 of 611
Jan 31, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #560 of 611
I bought one of these from a shop called Visions, on Jan 8. About two weeks of daily (train commute) use later, the left audio channel failed.

A bit of fiddling revealed it to be a faulty contact in the input jack.

Visions did an immediate over-the-counter exchange. However, I am a little worried that this may fail again, especially given the E06's modest price; did Fiio cheap out on the headphone jacks?

How have everyone else's units been holding up? Hoping mine was just a lemon.

Feb 2, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #562 of 611
I am using Sennheiser HD598 with Fiio E06 from cowon C2 or Macbook air or my Android Phone (Mi3) as source. I was planning to get a fiio E07K as upgrade. But in different threads many users are describing E07k as  E06 with dac functionality. Is it so? Will it be a thoughtful upgrade or I should look for  any other fiio models?
thanks a lot in advance for your valuable inputs. 

Feb 9, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #563 of 611
I am using Sennheiser HD598 with Fiio E06 from cowon C2 or Macbook air or my Android Phone (Mi3) as source. I was planning to get a fiio E07K as upgrade. But in different threads many users are describing E07k as  E06 with dac functionality. Is it so? Will it be a thoughtful upgrade or I should look for  any other fiio models?
thanks a lot in advance for your valuable inputs. 

Are you using E6 with MBA due to the lack of output power or for other reasons? I would be a bit surprised if MBA can't drive HD598 above comfortable listening volume.

Feb 15, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #564 of 611
Are you using E6 with MBA due to the lack of output power or for other reasons? I would be a bit surprised if MBA can't drive HD598 above comfortable listening volume.

MBA is powerfull enough for HD598. Sorry for my poor description. Usually I use E06 for my Android mobile and Cowon. Fiio makes the sound much fuller and impactfull to my ear. Got my E07k yesterday and frankly from the last few hours listening experience, E07k is really E06 with DAC functionality  :) Also, I yet to get any substantial SQ diff from mba inbuilt DAC and E07k Wolfson one (using through usb) :frowning2:

Feb 15, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #565 of 611
MBA is powerfull enough for HD598. Sorry for my poor description. Usually I use E06 for my Android mobile and Cowon. Fiio makes the sound much fuller and impactfull to my ear. Got my E07k yesterday and frankly from the last few hours listening experience, E07k is really E06 with DAC functionality  :) Also, I yet to get any substantial SQ diff from mba inbuilt DAC and E07k Wolfson one (using through usb) :frowning2:

MBA (Cirrus DAC) SQ is really good, it's miles ahead of my desktop PC. As for the portable, I'am now really careful when buying a smartphone (basically SQ making my priority #1), as I've already said in Meizu thread, my current Meizu MX3 unamped is just miles better than my Desire HD paired with FiiO E6. Both of them had have/had poweramp (amazing player btw) installed, so we can rule out the software differences.

More about the FiiO E6 itself, I noticed that in blue EQ in tends to brings the highs more to thee background, which is necessarily a bad thing, but is definitely worth mentioning.

Feb 15, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #566 of 611
MBA (Cirrus DAC) SQ is really good, it's miles ahead of my desktop PC. As for the portable, I'am now really careful when buying a smartphone (basically SQ making my priority #1), as I've already said in Meizu thread, my current Meizu MX3 unamped is just miles better than my Desire HD paired with FiiO E6. Both of them had have/had poweramp (amazing player btw) installed, so we can rule out the software differences.

I second you on MBA Dac SQ. Its really good. I'm curently using Xiaomi Mi3 with PowerAmp and Gonemad music player. Unamped it sounds somewhat anaemic and impactless with HD598. But with e06 or E07k, its SQ is not much behind than my Cowon C2 (which allegedly comes with a Wolfson 8960 chipset).  May be E07k will improve my Desktop or lenovo laptop SQ significantly, but I see no point in using E07k or E06 with MBA unless I use any hard to drive Headphone. :)

Feb 15, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #567 of 611
I'm curently using Xiaomi Mi3 with PowerAmp and Gonemad music player. Unamped it sounds somewhat anaemic and impactless with HD598. But with e06 or E07k, its SQ is not much behind than my Cowon C2 (which allegedly comes with a Wolfson 8960 chipset).  May be E07k will improve my Desktop or lenovo laptop SQ significantly, but I see no point in using E07k or E06 with MBA unless I use any hard to drive Headphone. :)

If i recall correctly this review was what drove me away from this phone. Gsmarena may not be always very accurate with those measuring, but such a mediocre numbers gotta mean something,they are definitely above the margin of error. From the hardware side, it has DAC Cirrus CS42L73 so it doesn't look bad at all, but they probably screwed up with the audio libs and/or poor isolation materials/audio jack, cause I don't know how else to explain it.

Feb 16, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #568 of 611
Will something happen to the Fiio E6 if I will charge it 24\7? I'm pretty sure it'll be annoying to turn it off and on every time you use it, so I thought about leaving it "on" and charging all the time. What do you think about it?

Feb 16, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #569 of 611
  Will something happen to the Fiio E6 if I will charge it 24\7? I'm pretty sure it'll be annoying to turn it off and on every time you use it, so I thought about leaving it "on" and charging all the time. What do you think about it?

That should work fine.  Lithium batteries have logic to ensure they don't get overcharged.  The E6 is capable of charging while in use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back