FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Oct 26, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #286 of 611

Quote:
in physics that doesn't work ^^, it can only make the force more efficient and that would depend on the persons foot arch and stuff. I had a Sansa fuze, but I recently returned it. I only say that the iphone boosts the mid range, compared to my on board sound card. Either way I want a slightly more dark sounding amp that will hopefully give me a little emphasis on something rather than sibilance. I mean really all I'm asking is what will help the sibilance, I know the amp is not the main factor in sibilance, but it certainly makes a difference. 

making the force you apply more efficient > higher vertical jump > it does physically work

the shoe forces your foot to be in that particular arch, therefore enhancing your jump

Oct 26, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #287 of 611

Quote:
Actually, they have shoes that increase your vertical jump now. The arch in your shoe forces optimal positioning for a propulsion-like effect. 

Yes, but does it NBA regulated?
biggrin.gif

Quote:
... I mean really all I'm asking is what will help the sibilance, I know the amp is not the main factor in sibilance, but it certainly makes a difference. 

In that case, A10, E11 and E6 all fit the bill. PA2V2 will likely highlight sibilance instead if dampening it.

Oct 26, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #288 of 611

Quote:
Yes, but does it NBA regulated?
biggrin.gif

In that case, A10, E11 and E6 all fit the bill. PA2V2 will likely highlight sibilance instead if dampening it.

alright thanks :D, who do you think the cable has an effect on sibilance, or sound in general?

Quote:
making the force you apply more efficient > higher vertical jump > it does physically work

the shoe forces your foot to be in that particular arch, therefore enhancing your jump

oh true I mean for like propulsion, they don't add any force. 

Oct 26, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #289 of 611

Quote:
alright thanks :D, who do you think the cable has an effect on sibilance, or sound in general?

As long as they are properly built, most cable sound the same in short length. Remember your source (i.e. DAP, desktop CD player or PC) all use paper thin (probably thinner) copper trace on the PCB, so are any amps you are going to have. There are also the cheap, regular copper wires in your headphone and the transducer inside - do you really think add a few inches to even a foot or two silver in the mix really going to change the world? Money is better spent elsewhere, like on a better headphone.

Oct 26, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #290 of 611

Quote:
As long as they are properly built, most cable sound the same in short length. Remember your source (i.e. DAP, desktop CD player or PC) all use paper thin (probably thinner) copper trace on the PCB, so are any amps you are going to have. There are also the cheap, regular copper wires in your headphone and the transducer inside - do you really think add a few inches to even a foot or two silver in the mix really going to change the world? Money is better spent elsewhere, like on a better headphone.

so replacing 1.5 m steel cable with a 1.5 copper on is pretty much useless? 

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #292 of 611

Quote:
so replacing 1.5 m steel cable with a 1.5 copper on is pretty much useless? 

Unless it is for special purpose (i.e. where a lot of heat is generated), no one uses steel as conductor as it is rather a poor material of choice (see this). That by definition means steel is not really 'proper' for the job.

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #293 of 611

Quote:

Yes. You could replace it with 1.5 m of gold and still not tell the difference in an A/B test as long as both cables are built properly.

WakiDabeast seems to be referring to the Sennheiser HD 25-1, which is the only headphone I know of to use steel cables as stock. It's also the rare headphone that almost everyone agrees on about recabling = sonic improvement.

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #295 of 611

Quote:

WakiDabeast seems to be referring to the Sennheiser HD 25-1, which is the only headphone I know of to use steel cables as stock. It's also the rare headphone that almost everyone agrees on about recabling = sonic improvement.

Yeah but Idk if getting an amp will help more or new cable, if it's cable it will be copper but nickel plug, which only decreases longevity not sound, so idk which is the better investment. 

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #296 of 611
Where does it say that the copper cable uses a nickel plug?

ubercaffeinated: No worries! He never stated it explicitly, I only managed to infer because I happen to be familiar with that headphone.

Oct 27, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #300 of 611
^ Oh ok. My IE8 had a silver-coloured jack and it didn't give me any problems in 18 months. Neither did my HD 25-1 since I got it 12 months ago. But we are seriously derailing this thread--if you have questions about the HD 25-1, I'm sure you can find the answers on headphone-specific threads.

Back on topic: I notice the E6 cable has a tendency to not slot fully into the amp. Anyone else experience this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back