fiio e17 speculations?
Jan 5, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #272 of 352

Quote:
What other sites can I get High quality music from? Most all my music is itunes and some CD rips... had I known, would have used other sites. Sadly I already built up my music library, using up lots of cash... to re-purchase would be insane. Maybe just specific songs I really like... (purchase again).

head fi doesn't encourage music places. or how to atain these lossless music on public and searchable forums. PM me for more info

Quote:
I take it that the E10 is better for (exclusively)home usage?

If u just use it at home. Then yes

Quote:
Or maybe just get an e17 as it should be able to handle 250ohm headphones  shouldn't it? 

After posting and spamming all these FiiO pages i have learned. You get whatever depending on use and if you need it or not. Do you need the better sounding amp? Do you need the more powerful amp? Do you need optical and coaxil capabilites or am thinking about using them? Are you going to be using the DAC? IF you answer is yes to most of these questions. The E17 is for you. 

Quote:

They really give the appearance of it being released with the product on their website and their facebook posts go - e17 coming soon and then a bit higher- New DAC and amp e17. IDK if you've seen these pictures but I will post them again :D

There is no new DAC in the E17. Same WM8740 in others. New DAC would require too much power, and they've already cut almost 80% off the life of E17 as compared to the E7 even with the 50% larger battery :O

Jan 5, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #273 of 352

Quote:
head fi doesn't encourage music places. or how to atain these lossless music on public and searchable forums. PM me for more info

If u just use it at home. Then yes

After posting and spamming all these FiiO pages i have learned. You get whatever depending on use and if you need it or not. Do you need the better sounding amp? Do you need the more powerful amp? Do you need optical and coaxil capabilites or am thinking about using them? Are you going to be using the DAC? IF you answer is yes to most of these questions. The E17 is for you. 

There is no new DAC in the E17. Same WM8740 in others. New DAC would require too much power, and they've already cut almost 80% off the life of E17 as compared to the E7 even with the 50% larger battery :O

? Their is a forum on HDtracks.... what are you talking about.. why is this... elaborate please.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/476089/head-fi-and-hdtracks-david-chesky-collaborate-to-assemble-a-headphone-system-test-album/255#post_8030468

Jan 5, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #274 of 352
Can't wait to use the e17 with my PS3 through optical, while playing Skyrim and outputting to my modded HD 558s! 
L3000.gif

Jan 6, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #276 of 352

Quote:
What happened to the e15?  Is it still in the works?  Any potential release timeframe?

if you look in the early pages of this thread. the E15 was supposed to come out first and lay down the pavement for the E17, but they decided differently. they are now doing the E17 first. Cancelled/postponed the X3 PMP and is working on the E15 next. The E15 will probably take a while :/ they have not yet even finished everything with the E17, then they have to support and ship and do all the arrangements with the E17 after it's shipped and other stressfull stuff. and then they need to add a splash screen to the second batch of E17's(first batch won't have the "Alpen" sign pop up when u boot up... i don't care for this, i'll buy first batch.)

Jan 6, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #278 of 352

Quote:
There's already way many e17 threads, I wonder how many there will be once people start getting them

There's only about 3 that are used or have traffic. but yeah. imagine all the "review" threads being created and impression threads :) and the "official" discussion threads lol

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #280 of 352

Quote:
Why is it only $135 as PREORDER on mp4nation? Is this the real deal? 

don't know. don't care. I had bad experiences ordering from non major retailers in my country. I'll stick with Amazon when it arrices on there. First Batches could have problems...and buying from amazon...gets those problems/bugs fixed

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #281 of 352
Jan 7, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #282 of 352

Quote:
don't know. don't care. I had bad experiences ordering from non major retailers in my country. I'll stick with Amazon when it arrices on there. First Batches could have problems...and buying from amazon...gets those problems/bugs fixed

Sigh...Can't decide if I should pre-order or wait for http://www.headphonebar.com/ to get it since I probably cannot get it from amazon regardless.

EDIT: headphone bar does have it for pre-order as well for 139. I will most likely get it from here then.

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #283 of 352

Quote:
Sigh...Can't decide if I should pre-order or wait for http://www.headphonebar.com/ to get it since I probably cannot get it from amazon regardless.

EDIT: headphone bar does have it for pre-order as well for 139. I will most likely get it from here then.

my heart skpped a beat when i thought i saw it for $250.....it was the E17 and E9 combo :)

I would rather pay $10 for peace of heart knowing that i bought from an American supplier and form Amazon that can guarantee me an return/warranty in case problems do arise.

Jan 7, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #284 of 352

Quote:

I was hoping it would be on amazon... mp4nation sells on amazon but no go. They have fair reviews so I decided what the heck. But yes, amazons known customer service would have given me greater peace of mind... have purchased many items from them, always happy.

Jan 7, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #285 of 352

Quote:
my heart skpped a beat when i thought i saw it for $250.....it was the E17 and E9 combo :)

I would rather pay $10 for peace of heart knowing that i bought from an American supplier and form Amazon that can guarantee me an return/warranty in case problems do arise.

Yeah, they would lose money with the fees but I wouldn't mind paying more to get it from amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back