fiio e17 speculations?
Dec 31, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #242 of 352

Quote:
FiiO is no longer in the game to develop a portable media player!!??? Are they postponing it for after the E15...or is it just ...dead?

Presumably dead for now, possibly another DAP project in a year or two when they feel more ready.

Dec 31, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #243 of 352

Quote:
Presumably dead for now, possibly another DAP project in a year or two when they feel more ready.

blink.gif

triportsad.gif
 hmmm that may be smart. FiiO is a relatively unknown brand in the world. Their revenue comes off us. the audiophiles. but not all audiophiles will need a DAP. and then there's the competition with HiFi man who has more money to go into R&D and marketing as they have expensive headphones to boot. :/ maybe one day when the FiiO name has spread they could go back and do this again :) 

Dec 31, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #244 of 352

Quote:
blink.gif

triportsad.gif
 hmmm that may be smart. FiiO is a relatively unknown brand in the world. Their revenue comes off us. the audiophiles. but not all audiophiles will need a DAP. and then there's the competition with HiFi man who has more money to go into R&D and marketing as they have expensive headphones to boot. :/ maybe one day when the FiiO name has spread they could go back and do this again :) 

It is not about the risk at this point. X3 fails because of supplier issue, so FiiO want to bring the production in house. They will need a new team of engineers (which are actually rare in China now) that can do both R&D and manufacturing, especially on firmware development That will take a lot of time and effort so they don't want to rush it.

Dec 31, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #245 of 352

Quote:
It is not about the risk at this point. X3 fails because of supplier issue, so FiiO want to bring the production in house. They will need a new team of engineers (which are actually rare in China now) that can do both R&D and manufacturing, especially on firmware development That will take a lot of time and effort so they don't want to rush it.

wow. you have a lot of insider knowledge :) great to know this too :)

Dec 31, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #246 of 352
Can't wait for e17 to come out and try it out with my Pro 900s

My only concern is, hope amazon.com can ship internationally or at least amazon.ca can carry it so I can purchase it. Living in Canada sucks sometimes in terms of getting products. 

Thanks bowei006 and ClieOS for your clarifications

Dec 31, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #247 of 352

Quote:

My only concern is, hope amazon.com can ship internationally or at least amazon.ca can carry it so I can purchase it. Living in Canada sucks sometimes in terms of getting products. 

haha yeah. i knew you either lived in the U.S or Canada due to your English and all those other little things. When you asked about availbility i knew 99% that you lived in Canada. ha. but yeah. if you know a place that currently ships fiio products. they should have them. not at the beginning probably but soon.

if you have Optical out or Coaxil that will be your best option :) USB would be second best for your computer. and then using an LOD with your ipod would be tremendous. Make sure the FiiO LOD uses HPC22W wire. the L9 does and a nother straight cabled one does too. the rest don't use it and have been noted to not be as good as teh ones with the thicker and higher quality cable

Dec 31, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #248 of 352

Quote:

I also live in Canada and am worried about the same thing. I'd keep an eye on Headphone Bar as they're a Canadian company that stocks Fiio's current products (the only one I know of), so we can hope that they will carry the e17 and e15 in the future.

Dec 31, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #249 of 352

Quote:

I also live in Canada and am worried about the same thing. I'd keep an eye on Headphone Bar as they're a Canadian company that stocks Fiio's current products (the only one I know of), so we can hope that they will carry the e17 and e15 in the future.

see that works :) headphone bar is your savior :) After the ZO2 more or less began bombing. the E17 came to us as our savior!!

if FiiO did/was able to make an X3...i would call them the new Budget Hifiman that hifiman would need to seriously..really seriously watch out for. Pushing out an E17, E15, and X3....wow. that would make FiiO top my list :)

Jan 2, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #251 of 352
It will likely start shipping out to distributor before the last week of this month. You will most likely see it hits the store by early next.

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #252 of 352

Quote:
so when is the FiiO e17 due out anyway?

the output on my e5 is acting a bit wierd and i need a replacement

that's what happened to mine. it seems teh initial bath of E5's had a faulty problem with the output jack side of the E5 where it became loose. For me and others with this faulty bath, the left channel would cut out. I have yet to receive word from Dealerextreme where i bought it from. My last option would be to call FiiO up again and ask for help in dealing with this issue. Or i'll just send my E5 over to the PRC and get it fixed. (no fault in having 2 amps right?) Yes, I speak Chinese and yes.....you have to call at like 10PM EST to get a hold of them.

Jan 2, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #253 of 352
The e17 and e7 are very interesting products. I am thinking of trying a DAC, an Argon DAC1, which sells for a pretty ok price in Norway. Desktop. It has these specs:

1. Stereo PCM D/A-konverter
  2. Maksimal bitrate: 24-bit/96kHz
  3. Digitale innganger: USB, optisk, coaxial
  4. Analog audio-ut: L/R (RCA)
  5. Chipset: 24-bit Wolfson WM-8740 (DAC), TI-DIR9001 (digital receiver), TENOR-TE7022 (USB-dekoder), NS-LM4562 (OPAmp)

Is it possible to tell from this if it is a better choice to go with e17? It has no EQ possibilities, this Argon.

Also, I am mainly using 44.1/16-files, so will I notice any difference between e7 and e17? Because I have a mac, and thus I can run an optic cable to the e17, and am I right to think this will decrease things like jitter? even though I have personally not heard such things yet, as I have never tried a standalone DAC. Is the optic-in a good reason even for 44.1/16-files?

Thank you

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #254 of 352

Quote:
The e17 and e7 are very interesting products. I am thinking of trying a DAC, an Argon DAC1, which sells for a pretty ok price in Norway. Desktop. It has these specs:

1. Stereo PCM D/A-konverter
  2. Maksimal bitrate: 24-bit/96kHz
  3. Digitale innganger: USB, optisk, coaxial
  4. Analog audio-ut: L/R (RCA)
  5. Chipset: 24-bit Wolfson WM-8740 (DAC), TI-DIR9001 (digital receiver), TENOR-TE7022 (USB-dekoder), NS-LM4562 (OPAmp)

Is it possible to tell from this if it is a better choice to go with e17? It has no EQ possibilities, this Argon.

Also, I am mainly using 44.1/16-files, so will I notice any difference between e7 and e17? Because I have a mac, and thus I can run an optic cable to the e17, and am I right to think this will decrease things like jitter? even though I have personally not heard such things yet, as I have never tried a standalone DAC. Is the optic-in a good reason even for 44.1/16-files?

Thank you

it seems you are saying you dont have a dac yet and that will definitely help make produce more music, it helps if u told us your headphone or speaker

i dont have either the argon or e17(not out yet), but if its usb it will both be 24/96. so unless one company built a better system it will be very similar dac wise(e17 is also an amp if mobilly used)

simply put, better(often more expensive) equipment usually sounds better; the only situations this is not true is if ur amp doesnt match your hp or u find your music satisfactory already

SRY guys ... wat i just said is definitely offf topic

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #255 of 352
My headphones are Grado SR60i and my amp is an Argon HA1, a simple amp. Although I can see that the e17 has an amp, and I am also considering the e9 to go with. My question is this, is it best to go with e17, or maybe just e7, or the other argon? I'm awfully sorry if this is completely off topic, but I am quite interested in the e17, so I appreciate any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back