FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Jun 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #3,721 of 6,777
I have a 2G. Are you talking about non audiophile site reviews of it and its sound? If so then disregard those sites. They dont know what to listen for or tell. Audiophile sites do.

Yeah it was mostly non-audiophile sites. Honestly I had no other choices, reviews are so rare for this iPod.

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #3,722 of 6,777
Quote:
Not sure if this has been posted before, but could this be one of the way we can connect our iDevices (iPhone, iPad, iPod) to FiiO E17?

Matrix 24 bit 96 KHz USB to Coaxial Converter
http://www.matrixelectronics.net/matrix-24-bit-96-khz-usb-to-coaxial-converter-p-197.html

This converter is powered by USB and since the E17 has internal battery, this could be a portable solution. 
gs1000.gif

I received mine this morning. Bought using eBay and shipping time only two weeks from China to the UK.

And it sounds sublime. Can finally play 24bit 96KHz FLAC files using Flacplayer on my iPad3. I just hope iOS6 doesn't screw things up in the autumn (fall).

Jun 15, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #3,724 of 6,777
Quote:
Does anyone know if AccessoryJack is reputable and sells the real Fiio E17?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/587912/fiio-e17-alpen-first-impression-final-thought/3405#post_8386521

It seems fine but I am only providing you with my research and analysis. Whatever you choose is up to you.

Quote bowei006:
Quote:
So those of us who are looking to purchase will probably have to hold off till July? 
triportsad.gif

I will wait because I am really interested in the feature set of this little amp/dac. 
Just out of curiosity I found the Fiio e17 through a quick google search at accesoryjack.com They are offering it for the regular 150$ price point? Do you guys think it is safe to purchase it thought this store. From what I know they are based in Hong Kong so the shipping would take a while and I just wanna make sure that I would be getting the real deal and not some cheap knock off. (not to stereo type, just looking at track records).
Thanks Guys. 

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/AccessoryJack

http://www.webutation.net/go/review/accessoryjack.com#

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/headphones-etc/how-to-avoid-buying-fake-headphones

Unauthorised Online Dealers

The following websites are known resellers of fake Audio-Technica headphones:

headphones-best.com
headphonestore.org.uk
headphonesale.co.uk
headphoneshop.uk.com
kingspecssd.com
soundsgreatuk.com
traders-market.co.uk

The following websites are non-authorised resellers of Audio-Technica headphones and Audio-Technica strongly recommends European customers do NOT purchase from these stores:

accessoryjack.com
eeepcssd.com
hammerjack.co.uk
iheadphones.co.uk

In addition, Audio-Technica strongly advises customers against buying from eBay, or from any website where the price appears unusually low.

Shure
List supplied by: Shure UK

Authorised Online Dealers
If you come across a dealer selling Shure earphones, headphones or microphones and you are not sure whether they are authorised or not, refer to the below link, or call 01992 703058 for clarification.

http://www.shure.co.uk/meta_en/where_to_buy/dealer_locator

Unauthorised Online Dealers
Shure UK would advise you NOT to purchase from these companies:

4gadget.co.uk
accessoryjack.com
coolmart.co.uk
eeepcssd.com
hammerjack.co.uk
iheadphones.co.uk
simplyelectronics.net

The following websites

Hi

I recently bought a pair of audio technica ATH -W1000x from accessoryjack one of the 'dont buy from' retailers mentioned above. After receiving them I checked with a very helpful Audio Technica person in Hong Kong who confirmed that the serial numbers were those of a genuine audio technica products. He also said that they were unaware of there being fake ATH-w1000 around.

The headphones sound good to me so far - although having said that I would really value knowing whether they are fakes, does anyone know if audio technica would assess them for me?

Bryan

RE: How to avoid buying fake headphones

bryanl01 wrote:

Hi

I recently bought a pair of audio technica ATH -W1000x from accessoryjack one of the 'dont buy from' retailers mentioned above. After receiving them I checked with a very helpful Audio Technica person in Hong Kong who confirmed that the serial numbers were those of a genuine audio technica products. He also said that they were unaware of there being fake ATH-w1000 around.

The headphones sound good to me so far - although having said that I would really value knowing whether they are fakes, does anyone know if audio technica would assess them for me?

Bryan

It doesn't mean that they are fake just because you purchased them from a company on that list, it just means that they are not an authorized retailer. The headphones have probably been sourced from a cheaper market and sold here without the price fixing of the manufacturer. It simply means that if you have a problem with them they won't be covered under manufacturers warranty. If the manufacturer's wanted to stop this they could always stop ripping people in Britain off and charge them the same as everyone else in the world......Hey Grado are you listening.  

I have sympathy with the manufacturers with regards to the copious amounts of fakes coming predominantly from China though. The problem is that the western world has abandoned manufacturing and China has become the number one in this area. Western manufacturers can't sell successfully into China because of the heavy taxes imposed on goods going into the country. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about fake goods being manufactured there, the Chinese don't care and will do nothing about it and the Western countries are to gutless to do anything (such as impose there own taxes) to force them, we all want cheap, cheap, cheaper.

Accesory Jack is not an authorized FiiO retailer. As you will see above they appear to be legit but as they are not authorized dealers, companies like Shure and Audio Technica don't like you buying from them as you will get no warranty.

Bascically that looks to be legit, but if it has problems, you may be screwed if Accesory Jack doesn't honor any warranty promises if it even has any. Up to you.

Jun 16, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #3,728 of 6,777
Okay, this fairs well with low-impedance full-size headphones, but how will the E17 cope with even more sensitive IEMs? Like the Audio Technica ATH-CKS77. Will using the E17 with these headphones introduce clipping or hiss?

Jun 17, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #3,729 of 6,777
Okay, this fairs well with low-impedance full-size headphones, but how will the E17 cope with even more sensitive IEMs? Like the Audio Technica ATH-CKS77. Will using the E17 with these headphones introduce clipping or hiss?

I've used my Shure SE215 IEMs with the E-17 with no problem, but they are 20 Ω.

Per FiiO website, E17 headphone range is 16 Ω to 300 Ω, and at 16 Ω, power output is 250mW.

Per Audio-Technica website, ATH-CKS77 are 14 Ω with max power input of 100 mW.

Looks to me like you should NOT drive your IEMs with the E17.

Jun 17, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #3,731 of 6,777
My Brainwavz M1 sounds great with the E17.
No hiss at all.

PS:  Greetings all! This is my first post on Head-fi ...
       Though going through this forum for the last 2 months and turning me in to this hobby slowly :p

Jun 17, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #3,732 of 6,777
My Brainwavz M1 sounds great with the E17.
No hiss at all.

PS:  Greetings all! This is my first post on Head-fi ...
       Though going through this forum for the last 2 months and turning me in to this hobby slowly :p

"Welcome to Head Fi! Sorry About your wallet!"
Ill make a welcoming post just cause.

Jun 17, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #3,734 of 6,777
Thanx xD ... "The Wallet Thing" is so true lolz.

Trust me.
We are rather effective in brainwashing you into thinking you need more gear than you actually do in reality, and we are masters of doubling or even tripling your initial budget.
One needs a strong mind to survive around this place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back