FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Apr 3, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #2,446 of 6,777
Quote:

I have made an order for E17 on mp4nation but I didn't find any message regarding 'Pre-Order'

My status is 'Processing'. Can I assume that mine will be delivered as expected?

Hoping for the best

Pre-order is no longer an option because Mp4nation received the stock from Fiio. It should be delivered soon (mine was in processing for 3 days, then shipped out). I track the package on a daily basis. How exciting.

Quote:
Here is Japan, retailers are selling the E17 for 21,000 JPY, which is about $250+ with the current exchange rate. That's an idiotic price for this device.

Where did you check? I haven't checked out Yodobashi yet, since rain has been in the forecast.

Quote:
Ordered mine on 3/31.  I think I managed to get in literally hours before the pre-order ended and  chose the Brainwaves Beta instead of expedited shipping.  I'm wondering how long it will be before they arrive as my order is still processing...

I chose regular ground shipping as well. In my experience, with parcels coming from Hong Kong area, it takes about 5 business days to get to Japan. North America is usually about 10 business days. Letters are usually faster (to North America, about 4 business days).

Apr 3, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #2,447 of 6,777
I just got an email from Head-Direct that the E17 that I ordered two days ago now isn't in stock.  It was definitely in stock when I placed the order.  Nice of them to take two days to tell me.

Regardless, I cancelled the order and placed it through miccastore.com.  I'm assuming they still have stock since it's available to order, but that's also what I assumed about head-direct.

Apr 3, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #2,448 of 6,777
[size=medium]May be warmer, I am not sure what to expect from an Amp this is my first one, but this song which was muddy on iphone4 - > TF10 sound great with iphone4->L9->E17->TF10. [/size]
[size=medium]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H36SpLblrM[/size]

[size=medium]Same song sounds good on Dell XPS (which has realtek) -> D2000, but too bright on Dell XPS->E17->D2000[/size]

[size=11pt]Few days with E17 and I like E17->TF10 but not D2000, may be my brain need more time for E17->D2000[/size]

Apr 3, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #2,449 of 6,777

Quote:
I just got an email from Head-Direct that the E17 that I ordered two days ago now isn't in stock.  It was definitely in stock when I placed the order.  Nice of them to take two days to tell me.

Regardless, I cancelled the order and placed it through miccastore.com.  I'm assuming they still have stock since it's available to order, but that's also what I assumed about head-direct.

crappy :/    you can be sure miccastore has it in stock since it's available to order......i can't believe how honest this company is :xf_eek:    my only regret is that I missed the last time they tweeted that they had a small amount for order a month ago.  

Apr 3, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #2,450 of 6,777
Received mine today! My order was too late for the Friday post, so they sent yesterday (standard post) and it arrived this morning. Just got home so currently charging. It's a great looking, smaller than I thought it would be device. Can't wait for my train journey tomorrow...

Still in stock too!

Quote:
For UKites, I just ordered from hifiheadphones. Their shipment arrived today. Yay!

Apr 3, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #2,452 of 6,777
The e17 is not an upgrade at all for me.  The e17 gives a tighter sound with both treble and bass.  But the sound is bright and it is uncomfortable to listen to for more than 30minutes.   The only really big improvement is the vocal.  Well, I will continue using for a few more days and see.  I don't think the amp needs any kind of burn in.  That only applies to headphones. Sign.

Apr 3, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #2,453 of 6,777

Just got my E17 yesterday.  So far I'm enjoying it quite a bit.  I just tested it out on a dog walk with my favorite headphone/amp test - Radiohead's OK computer.  I'd have to say Paranoid Android sounded more detailed and fuller than it did with my E7 + ATH-CK10's.  

The main reason I got this thing, however, was the ability to dock with my E9 and use the SPDIF input from my X-Fi.  I'm now rocking bit-perfect music in foobar, and getting the benefits of the X-Fi's 3D and EAX processing for gaming all sent digitally over SPDIF to the E17 as the DAC, amped by the E9.   It is a beautiful thing - no more noisy X-Fi analog line output!

Apr 3, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #2,454 of 6,777

Quote:
crappy :/    you can be sure miccastore has it in stock since it's available to order......i can't believe how honest this company is :xf_eek:    my only regret is that I missed the last time they tweeted that they had a small amount for order a month ago.  

Yep, I'm already impressed with MiccaStore.  I placed the order and two hours later (no kidding) I got a shipment notification and a tracking number.  Outstanding.

Apr 3, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #2,455 of 6,777
Miccastore is pretty good.  I've bought things from them through Amazon and their shipping is nearly as fast as Amazon's.  

Apr 3, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #2,456 of 6,777

Quote:
Mp4nation still has not shipped out my order... I ordered mine over 2 months ago, and i still haven't gotten the tracking email. I won't be buying through them again.

I ordered mine from mp4nation on Feb. 17. Was just about to cancel this morning and order form micca, but then got the email that my E17 will be here tomorrow. Too bad, b/c I would have liked to get the micca package w/ t-shirt and toslink cable...excited to hear it though!

Apr 3, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #2,457 of 6,777
I've not been impressed with mp4nation's handling of this preorder at all. My order still hasn't been shipped out despite reassurance that it would have gone out on Monday, and now they're saying it might not be out until next week due to extended Easter holiday in Hong Kong...

Either way, I'll be excited to try this little thing out. This is my first foray into this type of audio equipment so I look forward to the experience. I'm only using Senn. HD555's right now, but even so I'm sure the listening experience will be nicely improved.

Apr 3, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #2,458 of 6,777
This is my first ever Amp/DAC (thanks to Headfi and sorry to my wallet) and it arrived yesterday together with the L3 LOD. Using it with the TDK BA200, I was very surprised by the quality. Previously when I demoed the Ibasso D-0, all I noticed was a louder sound but nothing else. With the E17, the vocals just popped out at me and Adele sounds even more magical. Listening to a local singer Olivia Ong also produced the same results.
All the songs I tried sounded more forward and I'm liking it very much.

Overall, I love it! 

Apr 3, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #2,459 of 6,777
This is my first ever Amp/DAC (thanks to Headfi and sorry to my wallet) and it arrived yesterday together with the L3 LOD. Using it with the TDK BA200, I was very surprised by the quality. Previously when I demoed the Ibasso D-0, all I noticed was a louder sound but nothing else. With the E17, the vocals just popped out at me and Adele sounds even more magical. Listening to a local singer Olivia Ong also produced the same results.
All the songs I tried sounded more forward and I'm liking it very much.

Overall, I love it! 

Not surprising. D-zero is a decent upgrade over E7, but not nearly at the same level as E17.

Apr 4, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #2,460 of 6,777

Quote:

Just got my E17 yesterday.  So far I'm enjoying it quite a bit.  I just tested it out on a dog walk with my favorite headphone/amp test - Radiohead's OK computer.  I'd have to say Paranoid Android sounded more detailed and fuller than it did with my E7 + ATH-CK10's.  

The main reason I got this thing, however, was the ability to dock with my E9 and use the SPDIF input from my X-Fi.  I'm now rocking bit-perfect music in foobar, and getting the benefits of the X-Fi's 3D and EAX processing for gaming all sent digitally over SPDIF to the E17 as the DAC, amped by the E9.   It is a beautiful thing - no more noisy X-Fi analog line output!

Have you tried using the USB rather than the SPDIF? If so, could you give a brief impression between the two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back