FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Feb 26, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #1,861 of 6,777

Quote:
don't use scissors to open ur micca package people. what series do you have? as in serial number. it's on the box

Yeah, people....how could you even think of such a thing?? 
biggrin.gif

My SN ends with 0761.

Feb 26, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #1,862 of 6,777
Quote:
I plan on this exact set-up in the future. Except maybe with the LD MKIII, aye or nay? 

Sorry. No experience with LD MKIII. You might want read all about LD MKIII in other forums. Read about what other headfiers are saying about LDMKIII. You might want to read how this amp compare with other amps with similar price range. e.g. find a Asgard forum, then use the 'Search this Thread' function search for LD MKIII.

Before I decided to buy the Lyr, I read about the Lyr in the forum below (link below). Lyr has many good reviews, best bang for the buck and many headfiers prefer it over other amps. It comes with 15 days return policy and 5 years warranty. From what I read, different tube brand and different tube model has different sound signature. It is matter of getting the right tube. Will see how true is that when I test Lyr with different tubes in the future. The cheaper models, Asgard or Valhalla, are actually good enough and do really well with the HD650. But since I have extra cash at hand and there could be a big possibility (like some headfiers eventually do) that I'll get an orthos headphone (e.g. LCD-2 or HE-6) or power hungry headphone in the future, I decided to go for the Lyr.

I am glad that the E17 could act as my portable amp (when I am on the go or at office) and DAC for the Lyr.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/530556/new-schiit-lyr-hybrid-6w-headphone-amp-yes-six-watts-rms

Feb 26, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #1,864 of 6,777
Gutted to be reading about everyone receiving their E17s while I'm still waiting around with no updates.

Is it just me? Has anyone else actually received a unit from the mp4nation 2nd batch/shipment yet?

Feb 26, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #1,865 of 6,777

Quote:
Gutted to be reading about everyone receiving their E17s while I'm still waiting around with no updates.

Is it just me? Has anyone else actually received a unit from the mp4nation 2nd batch/shipment yet?

Nothing here. I wasn't even told that I was going to be in the second batch when I ordered (on the 11th). 
mad.gif

Feb 26, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #1,870 of 6,777
@SoundDreamer 
...you want two E17's?

@Bdeuce22
it seems...that is correct. i think they are slowly putting them on and off. basically dividing the bigger stock they got form FiiO this time into differnt parts so it won't be as congested and more people would have chances..meaning. not first come first serve but whoever was lucky to see it. kinda not fair. but im guesing they are doing this as they probably went through hell the first time. sending so many out in 2 days wasn't fun and since they had a USPS guarantee shipping. they can't be later than that..

Feb 26, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #1,872 of 6,777
QUESTION TO EVERYONE:

I have asked before and a few users came to answer. How many people have a small rattle in their E17? Shake it a bit in all directions. Oh and shake at your own expense, if it slips out of your hands or the little rattle does system is not my fault or anything. 

on another note:
Remember people that the FiiO L7 can be used to turn your E17 into a dedicated DAC :D I personally find this more worth it than spending $800 on another for very small improvements that are probably not nearly audible enough in improvements over the current WM8740.

Feb 26, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #1,873 of 6,777

Quote:
Quote:

Sorry. No experience with LD MKIII. You might want read all about LD MKIII in other forums. Read about what other headfiers are saying about LDMKIII. You might want to read how this amp compare with other amps with similar price range. e.g. find a Asgard forum, then use the 'Search this Thread' function search for LD MKIII.

Before I decided to buy the Lyr, I read about the Lyr in the forum below (link below). Lyr has many good reviews, best bang for the buck and many headfiers prefer it over other amps. It comes with 15 days return policy and 5 years warranty. From what I read, different tube brand and different tube model has different sound signature. It is matter of getting the right tube. Will see how true is that when I test Lyr with different tubes in the future. The cheaper models, Asgard or Valhalla, are actually good enough and do really well with the HD650. But since I have extra cash at hand and there could be a big possibility (like some headfiers eventually do) that I'll get an orthos headphone (e.g. LCD-2 or HE-6) or power hungry headphone in the future, I decided to go for the Lyr.

I am glad that the E17 could act as my portable amp (when I am on the go or at office) and DAC for the Lyr.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/530556/new-schiit-lyr-hybrid-6w-headphone-amp-yes-six-watts-rms

Yea I keep hearing about the Lyr. Also the asgard but I just really looking for tube amps and the more I read about the LDMKIII the more I'm hearing how the pair with the hd650 isn't as special. 

Well sorry for getting thread off track. Going to look into the valhalla now haha. 

Feb 26, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #1,875 of 6,777
Problem with my E17 help?

So i've been using the E17 perfectly, using the optical, now I wanted to try to use the USB because I was curious, 

To that setting (This isn't the correct audio playback but I don't want it to crash so I'm using a different one) I always get the blue screen. 

Is it not worth to keep trying over and over? Am I missing something I'm supposed to download? Also, when using the optical is it making the E17 a DAC or an Amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back