FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Feb 22, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #1,636 of 6,777
I for one appreciate that Micca doesn't take money towards preorders like some of the other stores. That alone made it worth waiting and hitting refresh for almost an hour as I'll probably get one now instead of getting pushed back. If I wanted to make a down payment on something with months and months of lead time, I'd go to kickstarter :p

As for the rest of you guys, good luck with the next batch. Try not to let the other stores shaft you too much by making it hard to get back your preorder money. If they won't even tell you whether your preorder is going to be fulfilled by the next shipment, just cancel and find somewhere else that can be bothered to do so. Consumer power.

Feb 22, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #1,637 of 6,777

Quote:
Quote:

I was able to place an order yesterday for an E17, so I contacted MP4Nation to cancel my order with them.  Go an e-mail saying the order was cancelled, but takes 5 to 7 days for a refund.  I have bought over a 1000 item off Ebay and it doesn't take 5 to 7 days for a refund through PayPal.  The Micca Store sent me a tracking number, but of course USPS has no record of it.  So until I have an E17 in my hand I don't believe anyone actually has one for sale.

Unfortunately USPS is notorious for having terrible tracking information. When my E11 was delivered I received an email notification that they delivered it the day AFTER it arrived at my house. Even after receiving that notification, the tracking number still showed it wasn't delivered. 

In this case, the label was probably created last night and USPS wouldn't be picking the packages up until today. Usually until they pick it up, scan it and start sorting - no tracking info will be available. 

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #1,639 of 6,777

Quote:

Excuse me, but a few of those people that missed out on the first batch and did pre-order, [size=small]particularly[/size] with mp4nation, received nothing but a sorry ass notification that their order did not ship out and had been moved to maybe the next release date. Personally, this is the reason why I finally cancelled my order with them in the first place. Though, in hindsight, I'm glad I did so I could eventually purchase locally. Initially, I felt MiccaStore was wrong in not having pre-ordering available but after awhile, I started thinking that they had the best method. Simply, if we don't have it, we don't ship it. Plus, first come, first serve. I really feel sorry for all the other people that had to suffer through a longer promised waiting pre-order period, only to find that they get nothing.

Again, read what I wrote - I said Fiio owes you nothing. They've been extremely co-operative by participating in this thread, but in no way can they be held responsible for the availability of their products through their dealers. mp4nation and other dealers are to blame for taking pre-orders without notifying users of the expected delivery issues. Fiio did what any company does with a new product: manufactures an initial batch to determine if the product is marketable and desired. They don't sell direct and instead rely on a dealer network. It's unfortunate that users got hooked by dealer(s) with somewhat annoying business practices, but again, that's not Fiio's fault.

One other thing that has been stated but apparently still misunderstood: Fiio made two shipments with the first batch - the first shipment before Chinese New Year and the second shipment after enough staff were back at work to complete the rest of batch #1. Some dealers continued to take pre-orders even though they hadn't filled their pre-orders from batch #1. Those dealers did this without Fiio's knowledge, purely to take advantage of the reputation that the E17 gained from those of us that did order well before the 1st batch shipped. Fiio has since notified us that a second batch is underway with delivery and expected sales to resume in mid-March. If we assume Jan. 24th as the start of sales for the 1st batch, it won't even be two months by mid-March for the second batch. As I mentioned in my other message, people need to learn a little patience and place the blame where it lies - with the dealers that acted poorly.

Be assured that when you do get your E17, you'll listen to it and with any luck, you too will be as satisfied as other early adopters. If not, and I'm certain that the E17 won't appeal to everyone, you will most likely be able to sell your E17, possibly even with a  monetary gain.

Lastly, for those still waiting for answers to their questions of 'how will the E17 sound with headphone xxx?' or 'how does the E17 compare to amp/DAC yyy?' - please realize that we are very early in the product cycle of the E17. Not enough of them are out there at this point for people to have tested the enormous number of headphone/IEM models. Yes, the more common models have been tested and impressions shared, but that's the other really big thing to remember: what you read on this and other forums are impressions from users that have had the opportunity to use the E17. These impressions were formed by their ears and brains, not yours. Read all the comments and impressions you like, but only you can be the judge of whether the product is crap, simply meets your needs or finally provides the ear-gasm that you've been longing for.

Feb 22, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #1,641 of 6,777
Quote:
...but in no way can they be held responsible for the availability of their products through their dealers. mp4nation and other dealers are to blame for taking pre-orders without notifying users of the expected delivery issues...

As I posted earlier, my reply from mp4nation when asked about this matter was:

"I am sorry that the E17 are delayed but the issue with their production is beyond our control."

At no point has Fiio said any of the retailers have/are doing anything wrong, so I'm not quite sure who is at fault here.

Feb 22, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #1,642 of 6,777
I need an amp/DAC mainly (90 %, movies, gaming) for my TV (digtal cable box, blu ray, xbox), bit of MacBook (TVs and music) and iPod/iPhone. 

Do you think the E17 is for me? I got the E6 right now and plan on ordering E17.

thx

Feb 22, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #1,643 of 6,777

Quote:
Again, read what I wrote - I said Fiio owes you nothing.

Firstly and lastly 
tongue.gif
 you need to lighten up slick. Some of your Posts on this Thread seem way to confrontational. 
wink.gif

For the record, I did in no way put the blame on Fiio for not receiving my E17 from mp4nation. 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 22, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #1,644 of 6,777

Quote:
I need an amp/DAC mainly (90 %, movies, gaming) for my TV (digtal cable box, blu ray, xbox), bit of MacBook (TVs and music) and iPod/iPhone. 

Do you think the E17 is for me? I got the E6 right now and plan on ordering E17.

thx

....i don't get it. the 90% is for all of tht. or 90% for the movies and gaming from PC? if so...then a desktop set might be better. Tube Magic D1 anyone?? anyone? i wanted to give it a listen but yet to. it's a top DAC and amp for desktops at the price range. anybody think different? don't know. just putting some product out there.

Feb 22, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #1,645 of 6,777
Feb 22, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #1,646 of 6,777

Quote:
....i don't get it. the 90% is for all of tht. or 90% for the movies and gaming from PC? if so...then a desktop set might be better. Tube Magic D1 anyone?? anyone? i wanted to give it a listen but yet to. it's a top DAC and amp for desktops at the price range. anybody think different? don't know. just putting some product out there.

90 % for movies and gaming (Xbox), but from TV, not PC! 10 % ipod, MacBook.

Feb 22, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #1,648 of 6,777

Quote:
hmm. i know the xbox has optical out and TV's sometimes do too. if you want to use the E17 for those two then it seems fine. it can also be used portably..hm

My TV has no optical or coaxial out, my blu ray player (coaxial) xbox and cable box (both optical) do.

The point is: Is there a (non portable) amp that is either cheaper than the E17 but offers the same quality/features or one that is about the same price of the E17 but with better quality/features. If not, I am going to get the E17.

Feb 22, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #1,649 of 6,777

Quote:
My TV has no optical or coaxial out, my blu ray player (coaxial) xbox and cable box (both optical) do.

The point is: Is there a (non portable) amp that is either cheaper than the E17 but offers the same quality/features or one that is about the same price of the E17 but with better quality/features. If not, I am going to get the E17.

E7, D-zero. same features..but like the CLIEOS review said. obsolete compared to E17..from what i am getting at really. i thought of a dedicated desktop model..but of course that wont' work for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back