FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Jan 11, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #166 of 6,777

Quote:

Mp4nation, 141 USD with the L9 and IEMs, no express shipping. I wonder where the E17s will be sent from. China ? That should be good for me because I'm in Australia.

I've ordered from MP4 Nation and it took a 7 days to deliver to Brisbane and this was the week before Xmas. Fedex will probably not be worth it and i'd be surprised at more than a couple of days faster.

Mikes review is very good. Just confused as in the E10 review he says it sounds like a $130-140 product. Then goes on to say in the E17 review how it is better in just about every way over the E10 but he would be happier if it were closer to $120 than the $150. Might have to question him myself on this as these seem contradictory statements.

Jan 11, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #167 of 6,777
They sell for $134.50 pre-order price....

Jan 11, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #168 of 6,777

Quote:
I've ordered from MP4 Nation and it took a 7 days to deliver to Brisbane and this was the week before Xmas. Fedex will probably not be worth it and i'd be surprised at more than a couple of days faster.

Mikes review is very good. Just confused as in the E10 review he says it sounds like a $130-140 product. Then goes on to say in the E17 review how it is better in just about every way over the E10 but he would be happier if it were closer to $120 than the $150. Might have to question him myself on this as these seem contradictory statements.

If you are not sure about the accuracy of headfonia's review (I tust him very much), wait for ClieOS's full impression. ClieOS is very accurate! I can guarantee on that, because everything he reviewed, that also was in my possesion, he exactly described it like how I also felt about the sound.

Jan 11, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #169 of 6,777

Quote:

try to write so many reviews and you will fatally tangle your thoughts... lol

Jan 11, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #170 of 6,777
I was going to get the E17+E9, but after reading the Headfonia review for it, I think i'll just get the E17 from Amazon.  It should be enough to properly drive D7000s (I hope- what do you guys think?)  I guess I'll just wait for a new version of the E9.  Thanks for posting that review!

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #172 of 6,777
2-4 weeks to the US, and that's assuming they get it on time and it's not backordered

why can't I be a patient person? 
confused_face.gif

Quote:
For the guys that ordered the E17 from mp4nation, I found the deliver time frame.

http://mp4nation.net/catalog/shippinginfo.html

Jan 12, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #173 of 6,777

Quote:
2-4 weeks to the US, and that's assuming they get it on time and it's not backordered

why can't I be a patient person? 
confused_face.gif

Eh.. I'm cool with it being I had little other choice. Now, if amazon gets it and even with ordering late, I could have gotten it faster... damn.

Jan 12, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #174 of 6,777

Quote:
Does anyone know if it works similar like the E7, where if you plug it to a Mac via USB, you cannot control volume thru the system OS, but rather through the buttons on the device only?

If so, then I will stick with the E10.

dL

You can adjust volume on E17 via the PC's volume control. However, there is a good reason not to - PC volume control also affects digital data resolution. A typical music files is 16bit/44.1kHz, if you lower volume on the PC, the internal process will also lower the overall bit rate of the file, so you might only getting about 10bit on the output instead of the original 16bit (and it get worst the lower you go). That's why some manufacturer disable the volume control on the PC side.

Quote:
I was going to get the E17+E9, but after reading the Headfonia review for it, I think i'll just get the E17 from Amazon.  It should be enough to properly drive D7000s (I hope- what do you guys think?)  I guess I'll just wait for a new version of the E9.  Thanks for posting that review!

I have posted my impression about E17+E9 on page 10, have a read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back