FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
May 23, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #5,821 of 6,777
Quote:
A good improvement that can be done that way is adding an option to turn off the screen and power led, while the device remains on. That would be quite an improvement, considering it saves battery life (short and long term) and the screen itself is annoying while on top of the e09k.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but you can try switching the "Hold" button. It should have a similar result to what you are asking for.

May 23, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #5,822 of 6,777
Oh, but not sure about my suggestion if it is being used with the E09K. Sorry.

May 23, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #5,823 of 6,777
Good to hear! Cheers
beerchug.gif

Quote:

And thanks again for telling me about the USB power settings, Soundsgoodtome. I haven't had any problems since I changed it. 
beerchug.gif

May 23, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #5,824 of 6,777
Doh! YouTube just crapped out on me. Had to close down Chrome and reload. So the problem is still there, but it's less persistent than before. Is there anything else I should try?

May 23, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #5,825 of 6,777
Quote:
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but you can try switching the "Hold" button. It should have a similar result to what you are asking for.

The only problem with the Hold Button, which is a great idea BTW, is that if you shut off the E09K the E17 will not turn off with the Hold Button switched down.

No biggie just flip the Hold Button up before you turn the unit off.
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #5,827 of 6,777
my E17, ever since I bought it, does not hold charge for longer than a few days (about close to a week). is this normal?

if I charge it to a decent say full bars on the display and leave it for a week it will say bye bye when it turns on and I have to charge for a good 10-15 mins before it can even turn on.

is this normal?

May 24, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #5,828 of 6,777
Quote:
my E17, ever since I bought it, does not hold charge for longer than a few days (about close to a week). is this normal?

if I charge it to a decent say full bars on the display and leave it for a week it will say bye bye when it turns on and I have to charge for a good 10-15 mins before it can even turn on.

is this normal?

Battery life for E17 is 10-15 hours. So it's normal if it doesn't last a week. Also, E7 also takes few mins of charge before you can turn on, so I don't think you have a defective one. It's normal.

May 24, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #5,829 of 6,777

is this normal?
Its normal from what I can tell.

The same thing with not being able to open for a while after it said "bye" is common on many devices like iphones.

Yep. A few days depending on usage. As said above. Igot around 12-14 hours with it. Which basically was a few days per charge

May 24, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #5,830 of 6,777
Quote:

Tried that and it works, as it turns off the screen (though not the led). Gotta read that instruction manual first.

It does introduce the small annoyance TrollDragon wrote about and I didn't try it with headphones, so no idea if the device is affected somehow.

May 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #5,831 of 6,777
@James-FIIO

Please do something about Indian dealership, I want to buy one more E17 but they are not responding properly

http://www.proaudiohome.com/

This is the website address and they are not telling proper shipping method.  In the website you can see the telephone number

I really want to buy E17 now and X3 in the future but I am really stuck

May 25, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #5,833 of 6,777
Quote:
No, after I charge it until it doesn't charge, I DON'T use it for a week and it's dead. is that normal?

For mine, yes - I found it as strange as you do, but thhat's the way it seems to be.

If I charge my iRiver H120 and the E17 both fully and don't use them for a week, then switch them on the iRiver is still fully-charged and the E17 is dead-flat - yes, it is inconvenient.

Cheers,

Andy 

May 25, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #5,835 of 6,777
That's because Off is not truly Off, its in a standby mode waiting for the touch of the button or a power signal from the dock. The standby circuitry they use just draws a little too much power. I like a nice switch that disconnects the battery when off. That way months later when you turn it on there is still a majority of the charge left. Doesn't help with dock signals but you can't have it all... :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back