FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Nov 9, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #4,772 of 6,777
I dont think its fake either. They must have firmware variations, id just like to know why or what else has been changed.
Quote:
I had FW00LA17EN

Let's wait till FiiO responds. I don't think its a fake, but who knows.

Nov 9, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #4,773 of 6,777
There are not any report about fake E17.

We removed the run time features in FW00LD12EN because some user complained about the E17 they received is used, but we need to burn in the E17 before delivery . 

The second change is the new firmware make the E17 can adjust the gain while docking into E09K, nothing about SQ and big change.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 9, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #4,774 of 6,777
Ok, thanks for the reply! Good to know.

Nov 9, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #4,775 of 6,777
Quote:
There are not any report about fake E17.

We removed the run time features in FW00LD12EN because some user complained about the E17 they received is used, but we need to burn in the E17 before delivery . 

The second change is the new firmware make the E17 can adjust the gain while docking into E09K, nothing about SQ and big change.

Thanks. I thought it would be very hard for a company to build an E17 anyway. Getting the OLED panels, the hardware and metal case and everything.

Nov 10, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #4,776 of 6,777
So I just bought my e17 about 2 weeks ago from J&R and I am already having some problems with it. The volume buttons aren't registering properly, I have to tap the volume button 2 to 3 times for it to actually work and when it does it goes up by 2. Meaning there is some delay and you can't effectively increase the volume by one, basically you have to press it really hard two times for it to go up by two and that's when it works. I don't know if I am going to keep this product I mean the sound quality is amazing but the build quality leaves more to be desired.

Nov 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #4,777 of 6,777
Quote:
So I just bought my e17 about 2 weeks ago from J&R and I am already having some problems with it. The volume buttons aren't registering properly, I have to tap the volume button 2 to 3 times for it to actually work and when it does it goes up by 2. Meaning there is some delay and you can't effectively increase the volume by one, basically you have to press it really hard two times for it to go up by two and that's when it works. I don't know if I am going to keep this product I mean the sound quality is amazing but the build quality leaves more to be desired.

That is an isolated issue. Reset it (hole at the top) and see if it still has this problem. If it does, either return, exchange, return and get different product. Sorry that a FiiO you bought had this problem.

That isn't a build quality. That is a software one. 

Nov 11, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #4,778 of 6,777
I had also problems with the Alpen (with Win7 64).

The E17 shown as correct installed, but I was unable to get any sound when using it as DAC.

So, I sold the FiiO, things are relaxed again now :)  ( ... sound was also a bit bloodless, but that could be a subjective thing)

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #4,779 of 6,777
Quote:
I had also problems with the Alpen (with Win7 64).

The E17 shown as correct installed, but I was unable to get any sound when using it as DAC.

So, I sold the FiiO, things are relaxed again now :)  ( ... sound was also a bit bloodless, but that could be a subjective thing)

Sorry things didn't work out dude, it was working fine for me on Win7 64 bit before i sent it to you.

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #4,782 of 6,777
Anyone know what ranges the bass and treble controls affect? Merely curious...

I'm getting my my second E17 soon and specifically using its bass boost.

Nov 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #4,783 of 6,777
Anyone know what ranges the bass and treble controls affect? Merely curious...
I'm getting my my second E17 soon and specifically using its bass boost.

First post, check it out.

Nov 12, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #4,784 of 6,777
Thanks. What a dumb question, lol.

Ok, real question, when using the pre-amp for EQ to another amp, what volume on the E17 would you consider source level/identical to pure line out and what gain?

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #4,785 of 6,777
Thanks. What a dumb question, lol.
Ok, real question, when using the pre-amp for EQ to another amp, what volume on the E17 would you consider source level/identical to pure line out and what gain?

Zero gain, max volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back