FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Apr 20, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #2,941 of 6,777

Quote:

Haha. Sad part is on modern hip hop songs. A +4 - +6 distorts so hard on those headphones. +2 and +4 is the most you can do with the DJ1/HFI 580's.

I have some songs where the full +10 can be used with wonderful results :D

Edit: Song is Crave You(Adventure Club Dubstep Remix)- Single, Flight Facilities 

Apr 20, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #2,943 of 6,777

Quote:
My order for my E17 went in to MP4 nation on 03/31, mailed out on 4/10, dispatched overseas to Miami, Fl. 4/16.

I live in North Metro Atlanta.  Does anyone have any idea how much longer I should be waiting for my gear to arrive as I'm getting a little frustrated...?

I live in California, and i often purchase things shipped from China. Average wait time is around 20 days give or take.

Apr 20, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #2,944 of 6,777

Quote:

That almost got me to buy from MP4Nation.... looking at things now... Not worth it, Plus I got an PL11 for $10. I have a review of the PL11's if you want to know more about it. In my signature.

I had a good experience. The Alpen arrived in exactly 14 days through snail mail. I had a buyer for the brainwavz which would have brought my purchase down to technically $109.5, but i liked them so much i decided to keep them since they are better than iphone earbuds. =D

Apr 20, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #2,945 of 6,777

Quote:

Being you already own it, in short: Amp Only= Ability to bring out vocals and/or bass is higher then iPhone alone. AMP+DAC= What I said earlier + sound depth/clarity increases(Compared to onboard audio). Can't tell a difference in sound quality between AMP+DAC on PC vs AMP+iPhone. It seems the iPhone does a good job DAC side but I love the ability of adding the bass :D. I still can't feel the depth and tone from playing my guitar or hearing a singer in person.. but that might be the recording quality or needs to throw more money at it? :frowning2: Either way.. I'm *happy with the improvement. *With my limited equipment experience... ignorance is bliss.

Apr 20, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #2,946 of 6,777

Quote:

Being you already own it, in short: Amp Only= Ability to bring out vocals and/or bass is higher then iPhone alone. AMP+DAC= What I said earlier + sound depth/clarity increases(Compared to onboard audio). Can't tell a difference in sound quality between AMP+DAC on PC vs AMP+iPhone. It seems the iPhone does a good job DAC side but I love the ability of adding the bass :D. I still can't feel the depth and tone from playing my guitar or hearing a singer in person.. but that might be the recording quality or needs to throw more money at it? :frowning2: Either way.. I'm *happy with the improvement. *With my limited equipment experience... ignorance is bliss.

I agree with your last sentence, I have limited equipment and audio experience as well. My Audio Technica ATH-M50 was an upgrade from a 5 dollar pair of used skull candies i bought at the swap meet, and i have read reviews by some people saying the M50's and the Alpen sucks but, to me, they sound amazing. Maybe because, my ear have not been spoiled by expensive equipment yet. However, this sunday Audeze is hosting a meet in L.A, so i am going to finally be able to hear some true audiophile equipment such as the LCD-3 !

Apr 20, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #2,947 of 6,777
Lucky you enjoy,

wish that hosted meet was in DC

Apr 20, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #2,949 of 6,777

Quote:

thanks for the information, thats what it feels like to me. Haven't done alot of testing. Right now I have the fiio connected to pc through usb, not sure if I should connected it with 3.5's to my xonar dg's.

Apr 21, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #2,950 of 6,777

Quote:

I agree with your last sentence, I have limited equipment and audio experience as well. My Audio Technica ATH-M50 was an upgrade from a 5 dollar pair of used skull candies i bought at the swap meet, and i have read reviews by some people saying the M50's and the Alpen sucks but, to me, they sound amazing. Maybe because, my ear have not been spoiled by expensive equipment yet. However, this sunday Audeze is hosting a meet in L.A, so i am going to finally be able to hear some true audiophile equipment such as the LCD-3 !

Phantom: This is the point of no return..~~

Apr 21, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #2,951 of 6,777

As much as I love the e17, I just wanna say that I think Samsung nexus s (galaxy s) + voodoo drives my dt880 as well as the e17. Of course the e17 has much better bad boost....It is single handedly making me into more of a bass head since it does a fantastic job of JUST boosting the lows... FYI the other galaxy s phones have a weaker amp than nexus s.

However I truly think the nexus s + voodoo gives tf19 better soundstage than the e17. Jaw dropping soundstage :xf_eek:

Its a shame because it only has 16gb nonexpandable memory.

For those who have had cowon j3..... Since it doesn't have line out....... How would that compare to a iPod 5.5 gen with and without LOD? Also with the E17...is having all those bbe sound enhancements on the cowon a waste since itd probably be better to keep on flat with e17?

Really trying to decide if I should keep the iPod or not since I miss touch controls,...in fact if I got the j3 I would maybe miss larger 4" screen and wifi of a galaxy s. In glad to know that the j3 at least has search with keyboard functionality...someone I really miss with the iPod.

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #2,952 of 6,777

Quote:
Is the "Wasapit output support" bolded and not grayed out like the rest? What version is it? What module is it? Mine is Version 2.1 with module "foo_out_wasapi" if it doesn't work, delete it from the dll folder. Instal it with the components instal tool or manually add it into the dll of the main folder and restart

It's grayed out version 2.1 as per your explanation.

Component's install tool?

Thanks for trying to help :) I'll have aplay on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back