FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Mar 16, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #2,176 of 6,777
I just need a portable amp for my zuneHD and also am looking at the e9 for desktop use, can anyone tell me if I should go for this or the E6, I am looking at the e6 because of the size.

Mar 16, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #2,177 of 6,777
You have any DACs or a good soundcard? If not, E17 might serve you this extra function, especially when you are considering the E9

Quote:
I just need a portable amp for my zuneHD and also am looking at the e9 for desktop use, can anyone tell me if I should go for this or the E6, I am looking at the e6 because of the size.

Mar 16, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #2,179 of 6,777

Quote:
My E17 has a loose headphone jack and MP4 nation refuse to fix it. I have tried connecting the two loose points with a screwdriver and it fixes the problem. Would anyone suggest soldering the points together?

You could, but you should have contacted FiiO directly and ask them to intervene before trying to fix it yourself.

Mar 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #2,180 of 6,777

Quote:
My E17 has a loose headphone jack and MP4 nation refuse to fix it. I have tried connecting the two loose points with a screwdriver and it fixes the problem. Would anyone suggest soldering the points together?

1, Please contact us directly through  market@fiio.com.cn , but we will not suggest you soldering the points together. and we can send you some spare part if you can fix it by yourself.

2, Please buy our products from local dealer otherwise it will be a little difficult to get warranty.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 16, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #2,181 of 6,777

Quote:
Can you tell us when you plan to start offering the E17 via Amazon? I ask because I'm a prime member and get free shipping and love Amazon in general for online purchases.

Whether it shows up on Amazon depends on the individual sellers. I believe some of this next coming batch should make it onto Amazon.com

Mar 16, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #2,183 of 6,777

Quote:
1, Please contact us directly through  market@fiio.com.cn , but we will not suggest you soldering the points together. and we can send you some spare part if you can fix it by yourself.

2, Please buy our products from local dealer otherwise it will be a little difficult to get warranty.

You send spare parts? Wow that's sweet :) Great to know you want to help

2: Sadly I don't EVEN trust a local distributor. Unless it's from Amazon, I have a lot of trust issues. I know many Amazon merchants have their own sties but Amazon provides another layer of protection for me, and most of the time they can swap it much faster and easier than merchants can.

Quote:
Whether it shows up on Amazon depends on the individual sellers. I believe some of this next coming batch should make it onto Amazon.com

..and when's the next actual batch(not FiiO batch as they call it differntly) comming? Will you include that Micca cable with it :p

Mar 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #2,185 of 6,777

Quote:
I'm also wondering when the batch is scheduled to ship, I've been waiting "patiently" for an e17 so I can start writing a 3rd party driver for android for usb audio out.  Maybe see if I can beat franco to the punch with that one.

....you ?? wow seems legit, even more legit if news spreads that E17 had something to do with it. there was one android distro that had ...weird support for it(usb out through OTG) know anything about that?

Mar 16, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #2,186 of 6,777
I'm in the process of wrestling with my Droid2 as well as my HP Touchpad but neither of them is playing nice yet. I hear CM might have support though. If you're at all interested vote here - http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=24614

Mar 17, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #2,188 of 6,777

Quote:
You have any DACs or a good soundcard? If not, E17 might serve you this extra function, especially when you are considering the E9

I already have an X-fi USB Premium HD and the X-fi titanium, but I need something for my Zune HD as the power is not nearly enough to drive my HD438's to satisfactory levels :S
So I am wondering whether the E6 would be a good option or the alpen, the alpen is much more expensive I presume :\

Mar 17, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #2,189 of 6,777

Quote:

you are comparing an Corvette to an Bugatti. the E6 is a starter amp that is well received due to it's price and EQ options and it's brother the E5 even got the thumbs up from NwAVGuy. the E17 is..on the other end of the scale(i have e5 and E17) it depends if you are in an audiophile or i don't care mood. when you are in the later mood it doesn't really matter what amp it is, as long as it has bass boost that's all I care about however when really comparing them. the difference is there. The E17 remember is popular due to a plethora of features, price to performance, inputs, perofmrance, power, dock ability, EQ, OLED screen, and other stuff. the E6 is just an amp. If you like the Zune sound and odn't have any problems and just need more power the e6 or E11 might suit you better, depending on how hard your headphones are too drive, but if you want the features of a portable sound card(i don't think you do) then the E17 is good. the E6 and E11 are pure amps that are well received and loved. i won't go into the E11...it must be THE MOST POPULAR(cheap) amp out in this part of the forums, there's so many posts on it it's not even funny. 

Mar 17, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #2,190 of 6,777

Quote:
hahah...no. That's the problem. would the strap push them? no. they are good enough that it won't but ...guess what, for me the optimal location band placement puts the band between the volume and power and menu buttons but the band slides a lot so gues guess... when you put it down, you have to remember to put it down ipod faced down or make sure nothing is pressed or else the power button will be pressed and it will turn on.

There's a hold button on the device, slide it into the hold position and the power button can't be accidentally pressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back