FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !
May 8, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #1,096 of 2,388

Thanks for that info. I'm going to be ordering the Muses fairly soon, one 01 and one 02.

Given Aizukidenshi is an official dealer, I may try ordering from them through one of those ordering services.

I know it's been discussed before, but can someone give a quick overview of how that works? I'm a bit nervous as I've never use such a service.

Or direct me to the post. Yes, that's just me being lazy. Actually, me working too hard and not having time to look through the post.

Thanks!

If you are using Tenso - after registration, log in, then go to 'Usage Guide' tab (not 'my page'), select 'Japanese Buying Service', then click on the application form.

You should see your name and account number already listed. Now, you need 4 things: (1) The link to the product page (*not the manufacturer page, but the store page of the individual product. In this case, the individual MUSES page on Aizukidenshi). (2) The name of the item. Just copy and paste the model name listed in Aizukidenshi's page. (3) Quantity, and (4) Price for single item. Fill these info in. If you need to order a different item, you need to click on 'Add Another Item", and a new info box will be added and you can continue to fill in the info for next item.

Once you have done filling in all the info, submit and wait for Tenso to reply (might take a day or two). They will quote you the total price, then you can decide to pay or request for any chance. Note, the price is only for ordering the item, the buying service fee and any shipping fee from the store to Tenso. Once the item arrived at Tenso, you still need to pay for the forwarding / service fee and EMS fee (to you).

May 9, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #1,098 of 2,388
  Does anyone know where I can by HA-5002s in metal can for (or is the SOIC almost as good?)

According to Intersil, there shouldn't be any major performance difference between the metal can and the SOIC version of HA-5002 (in fact, the SOIC version seems to be slightly better). Besides, you will need to make your own adapter if you want to use the metal can.

May 9, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #1,099 of 2,388

According to Intersil, there shouldn't be any major performance difference between the metal can and the SOIC version of HA-5002 (in fact, the SOIC version seems to be slightly better). Besides, you will need to make your own adapter if you want to use the metal can.

Sweet. Thanks!!

May 9, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #1,100 of 2,388
Got my Grado GR10's back, and changed the OPAMP to the OPA1611.

for my in ears as they are now, the AD8620 was too bright. I'm going to try some other combo's, as i wouldn't mind having a bit more bass.

May 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #1,101 of 2,388
ClieOS, i'm a bit lost.

I'm trying to have the E12 become a very sensitive amplifier for my GR10's, i want the mids and highs to be in balance, with a slight increase in bass. I want the sound to be very clear, "crisp" sounding.
Right now i only have to turn the dial a maximum of 40° to have it at a good volume, i want this to become 90° or higher.

I know i'm asking a lot right now, but i'm not at home in amp rolling at all(or amplifiers as a whole, really), so can you help me? (Anybody else have any ideas, please do mention them to me)

May 9, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #1,102 of 2,388
ClieOS, i'm a bit lost.

I'm trying to have the E12 become a very sensitive amplifier for my GR10's, i want the mids and highs to be in balance, with a slight increase in bass. I want the sound to be very clear, "crisp" sounding.
Right now i only have to turn the dial a maximum of 40° to have it at a good volume, i want this to become 90° or higher.

I know i'm asking a lot right now, but i'm not at home in amp rolling at all(or amplifiers as a whole, really), so can you help me? (Anybody else have any ideas, please do mention them to me)

:popcorn:

May 9, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #1,103 of 2,388

If you are using Tenso - after registration, log in, then go to 'Usage Guide' tab (not 'my page'), select 'Japanese Buying Service', then click on the application form.

You should see your name and account number already listed. Now, you need 4 things: (1) The link to the product page (*not the manufacturer page, but the store page of the individual product. In this case, the individual MUSES page on Aizukidenshi). (2) The name of the item. Just copy and paste the model name listed in Aizukidenshi's page. (3) Quantity, and (4) Price for single item. Fill these info in. If you need to order a different item, you need to click on 'Add Another Item", and a new info box will be added and you can continue to fill in the info for next item.

Once you have done filling in all the info, submit and wait for Tenso to reply (might take a day or two). They will quote you the total price, then you can decide to pay or request for any chance. Note, the price is only for ordering the item, the buying service fee and any shipping fee from the store to Tenso. Once the item arrived at Tenso, you still need to pay for the forwarding / service fee and EMS fee (to you).

Thanks, ClieOS.

It sound more complicated that it probably is. I'm sure once I've done it one time, it will seem very straight forward.

Thanks for your help!

May 9, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #1,104 of 2,388
@ClieOS, i'm a bit lost.

MUSES02, if you want everything in balance with a hint of warmth. NJM4562 NJM5532, if you want cleanness and transparency.

As for volume - if you can't reduce the source's output, then you probably want to increase the input impedance by using either an impedance adapter on the input or a custom IC with resistors. Take a look at the iFi Audio's attenuation adapter as that might actually work out well. Another more permanent mod is to add resistor on the input path, basically just in front of the Wima caps.

May 9, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #1,105 of 2,388
Ok, now the real question...Which option sounds better, the silver or gold edition DIY? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

May 10, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #1,106 of 2,388
MUSES02, if you want everything in balance with a hint of warmth. NJM4562, if you want cleanness and transparency.

As for volume - if you can't reduce the source's output, then you probably want to increase the input impedance by using either an impedance adapter on the input or a custom IC with resistors. Take a look at the iFi Audio's attenuation adapter as that might actually work out well. Another more permanent mod is to add resistor on the input path, basically just in front of the Wima caps.

Was already planning on getting the MUSE02, so that's very convenient!
Looking at the price of the NJM4562, i wonder why it's only ¥50? (Considering the MUSE02 is ¥3400)

I think i might go for an adaptor at first, depending how much i plan on using the E12 with other headphones.

Thank you once again for your time and help.

--CH23

May 10, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #1,107 of 2,388
Was already planning on getting the MUSE02, so that's very convenient!
Looking at the price of the NJM4562, i wonder why it's only ¥50? (Considering the MUSE02 is ¥3400)

Apology, I wrote the wrong part number just before I went to bed. It should be NJM5532, not NJM4562 (I kind of combined the NJM5532 with LM4562 in me head
tongue.gif
).

NJM5532 is an old audio chip that used to be considered pretty HiFi a few decade ago, but now it has mostly dropped out of fashion. TI makes a similar chip under the name, the NE5532, which is also very clean sounding, but not nearly as good as NJM5532.

Again, sorry about the confusion.

May 10, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #1,108 of 2,388
Apology, I wrote the wrong part number just before I went to bed. It should be NJM5532, not NJM4562 (I kind of combined the NJM5532 with LM4562 in me head :p ).

NJM5532 is an old audio chip that used to be considered pretty HiFi a few decade ago, but now it has mostly dropped out of fashion. TI makes a similar chip under the name, the NE5532, which is also very clean sounding, but not nearly as good as NJM5532.

Again, sorry about the confusion.

No worries, you're only human :wink:

I still consider this a very cheap chip, so that won't break my bank.

Thanks again, have a nice day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back