FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !
May 6, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #1,066 of 2,388
The e12 broke my bank, so it's not something i'll ask of you very soon, but thank you for your help! I hope they'll be the real deal (for you, not for me)

Of course i'll cover all expenses it will take to get them from japan to the Netherlands.

Thank you,

--CH23

Didn't realize you were in Netherlands.  Might actually be cheaper for me to use the Japanese Postal system.  I'm leaving Japan in February to return to the US.  

May 6, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #1,067 of 2,388
Didn't realize you were in Netherlands.  Might actually be cheaper for me to use the Japanese Postal system.  I'm leaving Japan in February to return to the US.  

A Dutchman stationed in Japan returning to the USA. You are full of mysteries :p

I'm sure i'll ask you within the next month.

I don't want to derail this thread about these chips any more now :X

I want to thank all of you, and especially ClieOS, who is in ghostmode, for the tips and advise.

are there any changes i could make to the e12DIY to give my Grado GR10 IEMs a bit more bass, without sacrificing their perfect mids and highs?

May 6, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #1,068 of 2,388
A Dutchman stationed in Japan returning to the USA. You are full of mysteries :p

I'm sure i'll ask you within the next month.

I don't want to derail this thread about these chips any more now :X

I want to thank all of you, and especially @ClieOS, who is in ghostmode, for the tips and advise.

are there any changes i could make to the e12DIY to give my Grado GR10 IEMs a bit more bass, without sacrificing their perfect mids and highs?

email me if you have any questions

hagensiekerATmac.com

May 6, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #1,069 of 2,388
  Thanks very much for the info!  I actually have a Brown Dog (adapter
wink_face.gif
) lying around somewhere from my Practical Devices XM6 amp rolling days.  I really look forward to trying out the different sounds.  Now I just have to rationalize to myself why I should still keep my iBasso DX90 after getting this (don't worry, I'm sure I'll come up with something 
wink_face.gif
).  Plus, these are my first FiiO components but I had to get the X5 after being part of the review tour and had to try out the E12 DIY after reading about how it pairs well with the X5 (along with the customize-ability).
biggrin.gif

Cheers and all the Best!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends 

Note that not just any BrownDog adapter will work with HA-5002. You need to get the one specially made for HA-5002 or else you will likely burn-out something.

May 6, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #1,071 of 2,388

Note that not just any BrownDog adapter will work with HA-5002. You need to get the one specially made for HA-5002 or else you will likely burn-out something.

Oh, ok...I'll make sure I check before I try anything.  Right now I am happy playing with the amps/buffers that came with the DIY. 
biggrin.gif

Cheers and Thanks!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

May 6, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #1,072 of 2,388
Oh, ok...I'll make sure I check before I try anything.  Right now I am happy playing with the amps/buffers that came with the DIY. :D
Cheers and Thanks!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Let us know your favorite. I'm working my way through the stock and additional opamps with BUF634. So far my favorite opamp is AS797.

May 7, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #1,074 of 2,388

Not sure, but I can look into it and let you know.

EDIT: Wow. Looked into it and standard mail using a padded envelope is >$46!! How much are the Muses when you buy locally? They're too expensive for me to buy from here so this could still be worth while depending on how much I save on the chips themselves buying with you guys.

That is crazy!  I can't fathom that!

May 7, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #1,076 of 2,388
Received my Muses01 from Akizukidenshi today.  Here are pics.  Came in a pack marked JRC and to my eyes looks real.  In some photos I took you can see copper on the pins.  Pretty sure this is okay although I'm happy to be set straight.  

Belly photo shows a prominent YK even though my picture isn't so great.

May 7, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #1,077 of 2,388
Just received the E12DIY!

surprisingly it's a sub 200 number unit, silver model!

It's now charging, and i'll have to wait till friday to really properly enjoy it, as my GR10's are out to get custom earpieces on them.

May 7, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #1,078 of 2,388
My Muse01 and 02 just came in today as well.

Finally my last newbie question, on which side will the IC be placed on the holder and what is the correct orientation when placed on the E12 DIY as well?

Photos are also highly appreciated.  I can see the circle indentation on the chip, not sure how to use it as a guide.

Many thanks in advance and once again I really appreciate all the kind support and guidance I have received from this thread.

Cheers!

- - -

P.S. Oh just one additional side question, can anyone validate if the HS6 stacking kit work for the E12 DIY paired with an iPhone 5s?

May 7, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #1,079 of 2,388

My Muse01 and 02 just came in today as well.

Finally my last newbie question, on which side will the IC be placed on the holder and what is the correct orientation when placed on the E12 DIY as well?

Photos are also highly appreciated.  I can see the circle indentation on the chip, not sure how to use it as a guide.

Many thanks in advance and once again I really appreciate all the kind support and guidance I have received from this thread.

Cheers!

- - -

P.S. Oh just one additional side question, can anyone validate if the HS6 stacking kit work for the E12 DIY paired with an iPhone 5s?

See the above picture where the is a dent on one side of the socket (facing us)? That the same side where the 'dot' on the opamp should be.

HS6 stacking kit is designed specifically for FiiO X5 only.

May 7, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #1,080 of 2,388
Many thanks once again for the patience and kind support as always ClieOS!

Also assuming that the dent and dot should face on the front side of the E12 DIY too right? (just making sure i won't screw up on my precious muses)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back