FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !
May 4, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #1,036 of 2,388
   Hello, thanks for your advice. yes i've ordered the E12 DIY for now and still in process of ordering LME49990 from other seller. Just to make sure we only need 1 LME49990 op amp and didn't need to solder for this LME49990 rite? (i mean it's swapable like the stock op-amp?) I'll love to hear your guidance as your experience is one of the reason i choose this amp for now :)

Oh, and about the golden E12DIY i've asked my local agent, yes he does have it but i dunno about overseas fee. Here's the link http://www.dontblameyourears.com/277-fiio-12-diy-headphone-amplifier-silver.html, you can contact him via messenger/ym or maybe email them for overseas delivery., The price is 2.450.000 IDR which is equivalent to a little over 200 $

Since it only available in single channel SOIC, you'll definitely need two LME49990 and will have to solder them onto the adapter.

May 4, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #1,037 of 2,388
I just took a stab at buying a Muses02 from Amazon Japan.  I am a civilian stationed at Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni.  Price was just over $30

The one customer review on the page says it comes from Okinawa and could be suspect.  The add says it comes from JRC.  We will see.  If it turns out good I'll report back.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/MUSES02/dp/B00HEGAKJO/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

May 4, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #1,038 of 2,388

Opamp can be implemented as buffer with the right circuit, but not all of them has the right parameter to be used as buffer. In thie case, I don't find OPA827 or LT1364 being suitable. OPA827 open-loop Zo is a bit on the high side, and not that great on output current. LT1364 is dual channel, which means you need specially made adapter so it can be used on the single channel socket inside E12DIY.

Cool. Thanks for the info!

May 4, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #1,039 of 2,388
I cracked the code on another place as well. Akizukidenshi in Japan.  Man it was tough but Chrome browser translated enough I could place an order.  This time I ordered a MUSES01 and they will deliver it right to my home in a couple days.

If I easily crack the code on this I'm not averse to helping somebody else but let me work through all this first.  It is currently a holiday week in Japan and I of course aren't sure I'm not going to receive knock offs although I know this shop from Akihabara.  It's famous.  I doubt they sell knockoffs. 

http://akizukidenshi.com/catalog/g/gI-03416/

May 4, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #1,040 of 2,388
Hi again. I just heard back from Don't Blame Your Ears:

Hello,

Sorry, we didnt accept international order for fiio products.

Thanks

Best,
Michael

Is there any way I could send you the money to buy a gold one and post it? I am happy to pay for your time. If it's not convenient I understand, there just isn't another gold one I can find anywhere but it is not the end of the world.

May 4, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #1,041 of 2,388
Did you check to see if it's cheaper to order from akizukidenshi.com and have shipment prepared by tenso.com? I got the Muses for about half what Mouser was asking by going that route, but I live in the US so YMMV.

Are there any people interested in making a group order for Muses using the method outlined above? It seems like the more we order the cheaper they will be, and they will be much cheaper than buying here in the US. Folks in the USA, please let me know.

May 5, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #1,042 of 2,388
Are there any people interested in making a group order for Muses using the method outlined above? It seems like the more we order the cheaper they will be, and they will be much cheaper than buying here in the US. Folks in the USA, please let me know.

If I hadn't already ordered them, I'd be in...

May 5, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #1,043 of 2,388

Since it only available in single channel SOIC, you'll definitely need two LME49990 and will have to solder them onto the adapter.

Thanks for the info, i've ordered from the seller two LME49990 for now, but for soldering... still figures and frustated for newbie like where to solder or even how to use the solder lol :s

Hi again. I just heard back from Don't Blame Your Ears:

Is there any way I could send you the money to buy a gold one and post it? I am happy to pay for your time. If it's not convenient I understand, there just isn't another gold one I can find anywhere but it is not the end of the world.

I'd like to help.., i'd pm the detail about the shipping cost since i am afraid it can be charged for custom, i'm still asking around for alternatives :d

May 5, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #1,044 of 2,388

Thanks for the info, i've ordered from the seller two LME49990 for now, but for soldering... still figures and frustated for newbie like where to solder or even how to use the solder lol :s

If there is electronics repair shop near by, you might want to ask them, assuming if you don't want to do it yourself. While SMD soldering of this kind isn't very difficult, it does require some experience and not something you can usually do on first trial. Anyway, do clean the adapter board as there is a lot of solder flux on them.

May 5, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #1,045 of 2,388

If there is electronics repair shop near by, you might want to ask them, assuming if you don't want to do it yourself. While SMD soldering of this kind isn't very difficult, it does require some experience and not something you can usually do on first trial. Anyway, do clean the adapter board as there is a lot of solder flux on them.

ClieOS give good advice, soldering the LME49990's to the adapter is best done by someone with the right tools and experience. If there is a local place that does PS3 and/or XBox repairs they should be able to help. It takes about 5-10 minutes to do, if you can, test the completed adapter in your E12DIY when they are done.  

May 5, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #1,046 of 2,388

I would be interested.

May 6, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #1,047 of 2,388

Good.  Even if it's just the two of us, I think we would still save substantial money.  I'm thinking of getting the 01 and the 02.  What about you?  Feel free to PM me.  I'm thinking of waiting a week or two, to see if there is any interested, and then making the arrangements.

May 6, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #1,048 of 2,388

Good.  Even if it's just the two of us, I think we would still save substantial money.  I'm thinking of getting the 01 and the 02.  What about you?  Feel free to PM me.  I'm thinking of waiting a week or two, to see if there is any interested, and then making the arrangements.

I'd be in if one of you would consider shipping a couple of chips to Australia for me...

May 6, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #1,050 of 2,388

As long as you're willing to pay the extra shipping, shouldn't be a problem.  A small box to Australia?  Any idea how much shipping would cost?

Not sure, but I can look into it and let you know.

EDIT: Wow. Looked into it and standard mail using a padded envelope is >$46!! How much are the Muses when you buy locally? They're too expensive for me to buy from here so this could still be worth while depending on how much I save on the chips themselves buying with you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back