FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 20, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #346 of 1,271
Hey ClieOS,
when u had the Mini^3 for sometime to test, were u not as amazed by the SQ as u are with the E11's SQ? If you were, u would have mentioned it. But i really want that the mini^3 be as cool as the E11 in SQ, maybe better.

May 20, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #347 of 1,271

Quote:
As with most IEM, the benefit of amping on the IEM side is minimum, not just with DBA-02. It is too simple to assume amping has all the thing to do with headphone and nothing else. But more than often the real benefit of amping an IEM is that you are tapping into the line-out signal or getting the coloration of the amp. Those are not the thing I consider to be really improvement on the IEM, but they are the tri-factors on portable amping and often can't easily separate one from the others

Thank you for your response. I'll go for B2s then. 

May 20, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #348 of 1,271

Quote:
Hey ClieOS,
when u had the Mini^3 for sometime to test, were u not as amazed by the SQ as u are with the E11's SQ? If you were, u would have mentioned it. But i really want that the mini^3 be as cool as the E11 in SQ, maybe better.

I don't recalI saying any thing about testing Mini^3 in length before. The only experience I have with the mini^3 is I listened to it as part of a random guy's setup on a store that we both visited at the same day a few years ago, and that was 5 minutes or less. I can recall the setup was pretty nice, but that's about as detail as I can remember. There is no way I can compare two things that are a few years apart, especially when the audition on one of them was very brief and not even in an ideal environment.

May 20, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #351 of 1,271

Quote:
Hey ClieOS,

based on clieos review, e11 is in the same league as ibasso t4. in that case i'd put mini3 above e11, since in my opinion mini3 is much better than ibaso t4

May 20, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #353 of 1,271
Thought so, thanks anyway!

Quote:
I don't own UE700.

[UPDATE] FiiO informed me that they don't have any decoupling caps for DC leakage, but a DC protection circuit instead.

May 20, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #354 of 1,271
Since the other E11 thread is completely derailed into another topic, i'll just post here.   Micca Store has the E11 on its website and since its only $59 I went ahead and ordered one.  Should be delivered by this time next week.

One of the main reasons I ordered one was that I have been liking the FiiO E5,  Its not perfect in many ways, but that said there have been times where for under $20 it's an amazing little amp.

So I look forward to the E11 and hopefully if it can take away the distortion you can sometimes hear from the E5, I will be happy.   

May 20, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #355 of 1,271

Quote:
based on clieos review, e11 is in the same league as ibasso t4. in that case i'd put mini3 above e11, since in my opinion mini3 is much better than ibaso t4

I said that E11 is slightly better than T3D. T4 is not in the same league as T3D or E11. T4 is a level lower than A10 and stock cmoyBB, IMO.

May 20, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #358 of 1,271

Quote:
Will E11 offer an improvement on bass with iPod Classic and SE535 combo?

Well, there is bass boost so it definitely can be improved, but I will have to warn you that SE535 might pickup some low level back ground hissing though.

May 21, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #360 of 1,271

Quote:
Its available for purchase at Miccastore right now.  

Thanks for the update, i just ordered one, it seems they don't ship to Australia so had to use HopShopGo to ship it within USA, then forward to downunder. total cost is bit stiff ~$90AUD (~100USD)

But i guess you have to pay the premium for early adoption!

@ClieOS I am going to pair the E11 with my SE530, and replacing E5. I can hear tiny hisssing noise with E5, with E11 is it more prominent?

I am also considering on getting a better source to replace my Samsumg Omnia 7, I have noticed a lot of your review feature Sansa Fuze+, is there a particular reason for you choosing it? and can you recommend a good sound source for E11 and SE530, with in ~$150 range.

Thanks in Advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back