FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 21, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #361 of 1,271

Quote:

@ClieOS I am going to pair the E11 with my SE530, and replacing E5. I can hear tiny hisssing noise with E5, with E11 is it more prominent?

I am also considering on getting a better source to replace my Samsumg Omnia 7, I have noticed a lot of your review feature Sansa Fuze+, is there a particular reason for you choosing it? and can you recommend a good sound source for E11 and SE530, with in ~$150 range.

Thanks in Advance

Hissing on E11 will not excess E5 on loudest volume. If you don't use bass boost the hissing will be even less. I am using Fuze, not Fuze+. They are two very different DAP. I am using Fuze because it is one of very few DAP outside of Apple that has a line-out that I can play with and known to have very decent SQ.. Fuze+ doesn't have LO at all. If you are thinking about amping than a source with line-out will be better but I don't have any specific recommendation for you.

May 21, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #362 of 1,271

Quote:
Beautiful!  I was able to get my order in as well as a couple of LOD cables.  Thanks for posting this update that the product was available on their Web site for deliveries to start on 5/24/2011.

Quote:
Thanks for the update, i just ordered one, it seems they don't ship to Australia so had to use HopShopGo to ship it within USA, then forward to downunder. total cost is bit stiff ~$90AUD (~100USD)

No prob.  I checked and rechecked the site every 10 minutes, I posted it as soon as it went live :)  I guess I can take my tent down and pack up, as I've been camped out waiting for it to be posted for weeks heh

May 21, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #363 of 1,271

Quote:

Thanks for the update, i just ordered one, it seems they don't ship to Australia so had to use HopShopGo to ship it within USA, then forward to downunder. total cost is bit stiff ~$90AUD (~100USD)

But i guess you have to pay the premium for early adoption!

@ClieOS I am going to pair the E11 with my SE530, and replacing E5. I can hear tiny hisssing noise with E5, with E11 is it more prominent?

I am also considering on getting a better source to replace my Samsumg Omnia 7, I have noticed a lot of your review feature Sansa Fuze+, is there a particular reason for you choosing it? and can you recommend a good sound source for E11 and SE530, with in ~$150 range.

Thanks in Advance

We have sales agent in Australia [size=xx-small]www.i-enjoy.com.au [/size]

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 21, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #364 of 1,271
May 21, 2011 at 4:43 AM Post #366 of 1,271
May 21, 2011 at 5:05 AM Post #367 of 1,271
Based on the good reviews and my experience with Fiio I went ahead and ordered one from Micca Store.  I also took advantage of the bundle deal on the Soundmagic PL-50s which made me eligible for free shipping.

May 21, 2011 at 8:06 AM Post #368 of 1,271

Quote:
I said that E11 is slightly better than T3D. T4 is not in the same league as T3D or E11. T4 is a level lower than A10 and stock cmoyBB, IMO.

oohhh..i thought t4 and t3 is similar, just a matter of batch difference. they look the same to me. lol

my apology..

by the way, if e11 really is better than t3d even though by a small margin, i think e11 would be the new best bang for buck portable amp
smile_phones.gif
  t4 already sounds okay to me, i can't imagine how e11 would sound. eagerly waiting for it arriving in my country!!

May 21, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #369 of 1,271

Quote:
oohhh..i thought t4 and t3 is similar, just a matter of batch difference. they look the same to me. lol

It is funny how iBasso names the models. T4 actual came a year before T3 series so it is easily mistake that T4 must sounds better or similar to T3 series simply by their naming.

May 21, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #371 of 1,271

Quote:
Based on the good reviews and my experience with Fiio I went ahead and ordered one from Micca Store.  I also took advantage of the bundle deal on the Soundmagic PL-50s which made me eligible for free shipping.

Same here, bought an L9 LOD to give it a shot. Those PL-50's have balance armatures. interesting.

May 21, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #372 of 1,271
Updated on first page:

The claimed 2050mAh BL-5B battery (from this eBay store) came yesterday and I reran the battery test in 2nd configuration (see above for detail). I don't have high hope for it at first but I reckon I should at least be able to par the stock battery at worst. Surprisingly the battery works out really well. I measured 3.64V after 12hrs, which is about the same as low power mode in 1st configuration. A simple linear estimation puts another 12hrs battery life left in the battery, making it a total of 24hrs from a single charge. To add to the plus side, I didn't pre-condition the battery when I received it, so this is the first charge and it should only get better once I recharge it several times. Of course battery generally doesn't drop in linear fashion as estimated but I think 18~20 hrs or so should be easily achievable. Now this so far isn't really a real 2050mAh yet if we compared the result with the stock 800mAh battery. If it was 2050mAh, we would have got 37hrs instead, not 24hrs - then again, I haven't conditioned the battery. Regardless, this is still a pretty decent investment for the extended battery life, especially consider a genuine Nokia BL-5B 760mAh can go for $10+ a piece from reputable seller. The listed eBay price is $16 and only to U.S. with free shipping. But if you asked the seller, he can send it to most of the world with $2 of registered mail with tracking.

May 21, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #373 of 1,271
That's good to hear. I've ordered a 1550mAh battery to pair with mine - there were higher-capacity ones listed but they were both significantly more expensive and significantly shadier-looking. Still, if it works to standard it should still nearly double the E11's battery life, and I can keep the stock battery on hand if need be.

May 21, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #374 of 1,271
I guess if anyone worries that the capacity might not be as advertised, a 1200~1400mAh capacity can be considered a more realistic choice.

May 21, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #375 of 1,271

Quote:
No prob.  I checked and rechecked the site every 10 minutes, I posted it as soon as it went live :)  I guess I can take my tent down and pack up, as I've been camped out waiting for it to be posted for weeks heh

The thing that I found odd is that I live in the same state that they are located, yet I didn't have to pay sales tax on my order.  Not a big deal, because I'm never running for politics.  However, again I'll just *beef* again on Micca Store regarding their "mail order only" policy.  It's brutal to wait 2-3 days on delivery when I work about 2 miles from where they're located.  Arg!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back