FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 19, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #331 of 1,271

Quote:
Thanks for the final thoughts! By any chance have you tried the headphone amp with UE 700s?

I don't own UE700.

[UPDATE] FiiO informed me that they don't have any decoupling caps for DC leakage, but a DC protection circuit instead.

May 19, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #333 of 1,271

Quote:
How would the E11 compare to this cmoy Royal?
Will the E11 be a good match with TF-10 and ATH-ESW9?

I don't have the Royal, but the version 2 generation before it based on LM6172 (the original PengAmp) and it is not even close to cmoyBB.

TF10 sounds pretty good with E11, but I am not sure about ESW9.

May 19, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #335 of 1,271

Quote:
yeah in the US.. i'll have to keep an eye on micca - they dont seem to have it yet as i can't find it on their website

I sent a note to Micca late last week.  They indicated late-May they'd have it for sale.  This frustrates me.  I work within 2 miles of their location here on the east coast.  Yet, they only allow shipment orders, no pick-ups.  Blah!  I'll have to call them daily or e-mail them and see if I can get on their "wait" list for the first batch that arrives.

May 19, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #336 of 1,271
While E11 can be bought from Micca to US customers, where can one buy E11 on other regions?

EDIT: Nevermind, my lazy shiny behind didn't bother to go check Fiio's site...
rolleyes.gif
BTW, does anyone know when Lambayrules (http://www.lambayrules.ie/) is going to have E11 in stock?

May 19, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #337 of 1,271

Quote:
Sorry, can you say more, I don`t quite understand. Thanks.

Really nothing more too add. I just look up the spec on the Royal and it is a totally different amp that what I have , so I can't really say much about it.

May 20, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #339 of 1,271

Quote:
Sorry about all these questions but do you think this sounds good on a neutral balanced iem? Can the bass boost make the lower endmore impactful significantly?

It sounds good with ER4S, and that's as neutral as IEM can be. I personally find the bass boost to be very adequate. It is +6.5dB on Lv2 and 3dB on Lv1 (which is double in volume).

May 20, 2011 at 5:34 AM Post #340 of 1,271
I placed my order for the E11 weeks ago, they have taken my money but I've yet to receive the E11, no email notification, no response to my email.  Their website is down, phone is on answer machine..........

May 20, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #341 of 1,271

Quote:
I placed my order for the E11 weeks ago, they have taken my money but I've yet to receive the E11, no email notification, no response to my email.  Their website is down, phone is on answer machine..........

You mean PJBox? I think I saw someone posted that PJBox is on holiday till 24th.

May 20, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #342 of 1,271

Quote:

It sounds good with ER4S, and that's as neutral as IEM can be. I personally find the bass boost to be very adequate. It is +6.5dB on Lv2 and 3dB on Lv1 (which is double in volume).

Double voltage. 10db is double perceived volume. I'm sure you know this. Just correcting a slip. Nice to know that there's a 3 db adjustments. Subtle enough to be useful
regular_smile .gif

May 20, 2011 at 6:36 AM Post #343 of 1,271
Thank you for this review, ClieOS. Since improvement with DBA-02 is minimal, same applies to Brainwavz B2, right. What would be preferrable SQ-wise: B2 (or DBA-02 if you have not auditioned B2s) unamped or Re0 with E11? Thank you.

Quote:

If you are talking about PJBOX, they are closed till May 24th.

May 20, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #344 of 1,271
Quote:
Double voltage. 10db is double perceived volume. I'm sure you know this. Just correcting a slip. Nice to know that there's a 3 db adjustments. Subtle enough to be useful
regular_smile%20.gif

I mean volume in measurement, but it is the same anyway.

Quote:
Thank you for this review, ClieOS. Since improvement with DBA-02 is minimal, same applies to Brainwavz B2, right. What would be preferrable SQ-wise: B2 (or DBA-02 if you have not auditioned B2s) unamped or Re0 with E11? Thank you.

As with most IEM, the benefit of amping on the IEM side is minimum, not just with DBA-02. It is too simple to assume amping has all the thing to do with headphone and nothing else. But more than often the real benefit of amping an IEM is that you are tapping into the line-out signal or getting the coloration of the amp. Those are not the thing I consider to be really improvement on the IEM, but they are the tri-factors on portable amping and often can't easily separate one from the others

Users who are viewing this thread

Back