FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 9, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #181 of 1,271
Yes, will release D3 next month, and D5 in July. 

D3 is design to use with Apple TV2, LCD TV, Xbox 350, PS2 and some Set Top Box, it will support 192k/24bit. and the price will be quite cheap.

Dont you mean the ps3>?

May 9, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #182 of 1,271
I'm sure it would work with the PS2 and the PS3 regardless, now the Xbox 350 I'm not so sure 
tongue.gif

May 9, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #184 of 1,271
So its portable? I saw that on Fiio website but was kinda weary because I was unsure if it was a portable setup..

im still no audiphile yet.. but Im slowly getting into it. I ordered my Px200II's and my Fiio E5 the other day :D

ill tell you guys my first "audiophile experience" when they arrive.

May 9, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #185 of 1,271
Hi guys, please post your thoughts and comments on the D3 / D5 in this thread
wink.gif

Just reserved a set of E11 with Jaben, now anxiously waiting for it to arrive at their store.

May 10, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #186 of 1,271
how does it stack up against the iBasso D6 as far as sound quality is concerned?

May 10, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #187 of 1,271

Quote:
how does it stack up against the iBasso D6 as far as sound quality is concerned?

Unless D6 has the identical amp section as T3D (very much doubt it), I can't tell you anything about it.

May 10, 2011 at 2:53 AM Post #188 of 1,271
S:Flo2 has problems with multi- armatures (crossovers) and probably this is why Mike find it lacking bass. My friend listened to SE530 on Flo2 and compared it with some other players (D2, J3, Clip+) - he assumes S:Flo2 is doing really bad with these phones in comparision to the other DAPs. Thoug, Flo is doing great with almost all dynamic headphones/ earphones I've beed testing.

Quote:
Doesn't the latest version of Rockbox support line out of the Fuze v2? I have a v2, I just haven't loaded up the new Rockbox yet. Maybe I will when I get the E11. 

This keeps sounding really good. I can't wait. 

Mike at headfonia has had some interesting impressions in the past. He says the S:Flo2 has literally no bass, when I know for a fact it has nice decent bass. Listening for yourself is the bottom line, I guess. The E11 is only $60 and will probably be sold very fast should you decide you didn't want it.

May 10, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #189 of 1,271

Quote:
S:Flo2 has problems with multi- armatures (crossovers) and probably this is why Mike find it lacking bass. My friend listened to SE530 on Flo2 and compared it with some other players (D2, J3, Clip+) - he assumes S:Flo2 is doing really bad with these phones in comparision to the other DAPs. Thoug, Flo is doing great with almost all dynamic headphones/ earphones I've beed testing.

Ah, this is why some think the Sflo2 is bass light.  I was a pure dynamic guy when I had my Sflo2 so no issues.  I now have the ES5 and am now having bass issues w/ my older 2.2G Arrow and DACport as they both have 10ohms output impedance.  Makes perfect sense.

May 10, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #190 of 1,271
ClieOS, can u compare it to the Mini^3? i recently ordered the Mini^3, and unfortunately, looked at the review and pics that u posted, afterwards. and am already dying for getting it, i mean paired with the Sansa Fuze, its Eye Candy. sexier than any combo i've seen.

May 10, 2011 at 7:18 AM Post #191 of 1,271

Quote:

What make multi-BA hard to drive is they have wonky impedance across the whole frequency range. The ideal situation is the the source should have very low output impedance of its own so it won't further affect the impedance curve of multi-BA setup - however, it affects more to the treble than to the bass. If s:flo2 indeed has high output impedance, you will expect treble attenuation first, not bass.

Quote:
ClieOS, can u compare it to the Mini^3? i recently ordered the Mini^3, and unfortunately, looked at the review and pics that u posted, afterwards. and am already dying for getting it, i mean paired with the Sansa Fuze, its Eye Candy. sexier than any combo i've seen.

I don't have a mini3 to compare to.

May 10, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #193 of 1,271

Quote:
Any issue after a full discharge and recharge? Mike mentioned needing to re-seat the battery to get the amp turned back on after a full discharge and recharge.

Never did a full discharge, no such need so far and don't want to try it (*alway avoid full discharge on Li-ion battery as much as possible). I did fully recharge the E11 a few times now, and have no problem on turning it on. In fact, I left it charging on my PC overnight and have no problem.

May 10, 2011 at 7:33 AM Post #194 of 1,271

Quote:
Never did a full discharge, no such need so far and don't want to try it (*alway avoid full discharge on Li-ion battery as much as possible). I did fully recharge the E11 a few times now, and have no problem on turning it on. In fact, I left it charging on my PC overnight and have no problem.

Li-ion batteries should have a protection circuit that protects them from being fully discharged, but sometimes that fails...and at that, most equipment, like iPods and the like, turn off before it hits that safeguard.  Li-ion batteries generally become useless once they've been fully discharged...unless you bring them into a special shop that has equipment that can reactivate them, but it's generally best to buy new ones.

Of course there are stories of li-ion batteries bursting into flames, but that doesn't happen very often, but still, it's best to avoid fully discharging them for safety's sake.  Wouldn't want one exploding in your pocket. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back