FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 10, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #213 of 1,271

Quote:

Do you plan to release iDevice (iPod/iPhone/iPad) compliant DAC products like the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo (i.e. iDevice-compliant  "D5")?
Thanks. 

We have the ability , but the licence is a big problem , we had apply the MFI since 2009, but after 2 years, Apple still not give us the licence, I guess they don't trust Chinese brand.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 10, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #214 of 1,271

Quote:
We have the ability , but the licence is a big problem , we had apply the MFI since 2009, but after 2 years, Apple still not give us the licence, I guess they don't trust Chinese brand.

Yeah, I guess it would be very easy for a shady company to sell whatever secrets they may give out to others...of course, Fiio isn't exactly shady.  Hopefully as your company expands you'll see you as a more legitimate brand to partner with!

May 10, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #215 of 1,271
Hey ClieOS,
what bout low impedance iems going with the E11?
Like the RE-ZEROs?
How much did it help the RE0s?
Someone compare it to the Mini^3 guys, the high performance version of the Mini^3 is based upon the same AD8397 Opamp, is based on a ground buffered design, with the OPA690 in the ground. I've heard the Mini^3 has very Good SQ. If the Fiio is on the same level, i'd be content enough. What opamp is there in the Fiio E11's ground?

May 10, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #216 of 1,271
Looking forward to a side by side test of the Corda stepdance and the E11.
See how the E11 holds up.

May 10, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #217 of 1,271

Quote:
What make multi-BA hard to drive is they have wonky impedance across the whole frequency range. The ideal situation is the the source should have very low output impedance of its own so it won't further affect the impedance curve of multi-BA setup - however, it affects more to the treble than to the bass. If s:flo2 indeed has high output impedance, you will expect treble attenuation first, not bass.

I get what you are saying wrt the impedance curve and affects on the Xover but are you sure larger bass drivers aren't hungrier for more current than smaller treble drivers?  I notice giving more current to my ES5 improves the bass response quite audibly and predictably every time.

May 10, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #218 of 1,271
Just asked PJBox, and they replied(*) that, yes, they won't send out the E11s until 23rd/24th now. Bummer, but what can they do? And in the long run, I guess we all appreciate a good QC at FiiO's, and rather wait a few days longer for a flawless product than get a faulty one a tad earlier... *tries to cheer himself up* :wink:

(*) Yes, they replied to my email at 10:30 pm. Whoa. They don't sleep, I guess... If that isn't dedication, I don't know what is.

May 10, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #220 of 1,271
Feiao, I have no doubt that you understand the politics behind Apple refusing the license Chinese companies, but there is a practical reason - from the outside looking in, the concept of 'Intellectual Property' appears to be worthless in China.

May 10, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #221 of 1,271

Quote:
Feiao, I have no doubt that you understand the politics behind Apple refusing the license Chinese companies, but there is a practical reason - from the outside looking in, the concept of 'Intellectual Property' appears to be worthless in China.

And ridiculously, jealously, stifling overguarded by Apple.
biggrin.gif
deadhorse.gif
 Sorry, just had to let that out. 

I can't wait till I can get this amp. It sounds like it will really make my amp hungry Fostexes shine.
beerchug.gif

May 10, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #222 of 1,271
In this instance, I dont blame Apple Corp at all - they are undoubtedly evil, but their lawyers know that they can sue the pants off HRT/ALO Audio/Onkyo etc and expect to win - it gets a lot harder trying to do it with a company that has no US headquarters. When Kevin Halvorsen got accreditation, he would have also received a truckload of legal documents from Apple and paid handsomely for the privilege. That's called 'business', George.

May 10, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #224 of 1,271

Quote:
I get what you are saying wrt the impedance curve and affects on the Xover but are you sure larger bass drivers aren't hungrier for more current than smaller treble drivers?  I notice giving more current to my ES5 improves the bass response quite audibly and predictably every time.

It depends a lot on how the crossover is designed and what kind of driver is used for the bass driver. Some BA has extremely low impedance and can be very current demanding. A carefully designed system will avoid any one of the driver having too high / low of impedance compared to the rest of the driver network, but the world is not ideal and sometime one does actual need more current than others.

May 11, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #225 of 1,271
I just know that whenever US tries to do anything to anything Chinese, the Chinese government does everything they could just to screw up their plan :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back