FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 9, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #166 of 1,271

Quote:
The reason is , the ground of the output in E11, is a virtual Ground but not real Ground. when someone connect the USB jack to the PC, and connect the input to the output of PC, 

Them, Boom, the virtual Ground is connect to the real Ground that will damage the E11, so we design a protect circuit, it will auto power off when plug the power for charge.

Ah, okay, that makes sense - a shame, but it can't be avoided, I guess!  Though it does rather limit is usage as a desktop amp paired with another DAC.

Thanks for posting that review though, that must've just popped up less than an hour ago!

May 9, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #167 of 1,271

Quote:
Sorry, it can not be solved unless we change the power supply jack from mini USB to other jack.

Quote:
The reason is , the ground of the output in E11, is a virtual Ground but not real Ground. when someone connect the USB jack to the PC, and connect the input to the output of PC, 

Them, Boom, the virtual Ground is connect to the real Ground that will damage the E11, so we design a protect circuit, it will auto power off when plug the power for charge.

I, for one. Would gladly opt for a ac adapter of some sort instead of a usb charge if it meant being able to use the E11 while it was charging/plugged in.

In all honesty, I don't see much of a benefit from the charger being usb if you can't even use it while it is charging. Just my .02, take it how you will.

May 9, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #168 of 1,271
May 9, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #169 of 1,271
Different views from ClieOS and from Mike..........
confused.gif

May 9, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #171 of 1,271
Definitely some different opinion there. I certainly won't regard JDS CMOY as high as Mike does. I do think it is a great CMOY, but with the stock configuration it just can't compete with T3D or E11 IMO. While JDS does sound just a tad warmer and more meaty, it takes away the sense of transparency and feel more compressed. JDS is more of a comparison once I put the AD8620 in - still just a little lacking compared to T3D or E1, but close enough.

Some progress report on my review: I already did two battery life tests and a simple RMAA comparison, still waiting for the new large capacity battery to come (probably later this week) for another battery life test. All and all my final review is likely to come near the end of the month as there are a few more comparisons/tests I want to do before finish up the writing.

May 9, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #172 of 1,271

Quote:
Some progress report on my review: I already did two battery life tests and a simple RMAA comparison, still waiting for the new large capacity battery to come (probably later this week) for another battery life test. All and all my final review is likely to come near the end of the month as there are a few more comparisons/tests I want to do before finish up the writing.

Have you tested the difference in battery life between the high and low voltage modes?

May 9, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #173 of 1,271

Quote:
Did you ever consider the Sflo:2? Very nice DAP. I'm almost in tears I'm having to be without it for probably a month is not less. Love my Sansa Fuze+LOD+Leckerton UHA-4. Will definately be getting this Fiio E11 to add to my growing collection :wink:.

I have, indeed.  However, I've had nothing but bad experiences with touch screen daps.  I really enjoy sansas setup, especially the rockboxed fuze.  But, I do have a great custom fuze lod just sitting around waiting for me to get my hands on a fuze v1 heh, i really prefer the fuze over anything.

May 9, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #174 of 1,271

Quote:
Have you tested the difference in battery life between the high and low voltage modes?

Yes, and the results for both are good and above spec. I can only imagine a bigger battery (if indeed the eBay battery is real @ 2010mAh) will make it run almost a full day. Guess we will see.

May 9, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #175 of 1,271

Quote:
Yes, and the results for both are good and above spec. I can only imagine a bigger battery (if indeed the eBay battery is real @ 2010mAh) will make it run almost a full day. Guess we will see.

Sounds good, longer battery life is always a good thing, especially seeing as how you can't charge it and use it at the same time...and if it turns out that new battery you bought doesn't, in fact, last any longer, at least you have an extra battery. :p

But James is right, unless they're using some really crazy technology there, 2x the battery life is a bit optimistic.  I've found that batteries that claim to be bigger often have even shorter battery life than ones that are made by reputable companies.

May 9, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #176 of 1,271

Quote:
I have, indeed.  However, I've had nothing but bad experiences with touch screen daps.  I really enjoy sansas setup, especially the rockboxed fuze.  But, I do have a great custom fuze lod just sitting around waiting for me to get my hands on a fuze v1 heh, i really prefer the fuze over anything.

Doesn't the latest version of Rockbox support line out of the Fuze v2? I have a v2, I just haven't loaded up the new Rockbox yet. Maybe I will when I get the E11. 

This keeps sounding really good. I can't wait. 

Mike at headfonia has had some interesting impressions in the past. He says the S:Flo2 has literally no bass, when I know for a fact it has nice decent bass. Listening for yourself is the bottom line, I guess. The E11 is only $60 and will probably be sold very fast should you decide you didn't want it.

May 9, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #177 of 1,271
My research denotes that the v2 does not support it, while i dont understand the mechanics of it all, im sure its a hardware problem.  Rockbox supports the v2, but not the line out feature.  V1 is still needed for that.  I think thats right, im not an expert so i dont know FOR SURE, but thats what people say :)

and the flo is something I want to avoid.  It has some bug issues I will not be fond of, its a touch screen which I hate with the fury of 1000 suns and its harder to get than a fuze.  I already have a v1 fuze and a great custom lod, its been sitting here waiting for the e11 to come out.  It needs a friend....

*skips away into the flower meadow 

May 9, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #179 of 1,271

Users who are viewing this thread

Back