FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 7, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #136 of 1,271

Quote:
I know they are completely different purposes, but how does the amp in the e11 compare to the e9?

Ma kat

Good luck with that. My 50+ hour E9 would explode most folks eardrums by 1pm on my Grados or A-Ts - dont even think about IEMs. 9am is all I need for *any* of my music - obviously that would change with harder-to-drive cans, but for most people I would consider the amp to be 'over the top'. Sonically, it cremates my D4 and rolls over my P4, an outcome I really wasnt expecting. Far prefer to be able to justify an attractive $245 portable than a butt-ugly black box that cost me $140. The gang at Fiio really pulled a rabbit out of the hat with this one - hook it up to a decent source (my MSII puts more power into the line-in than my Nano) and it wont disappoint the headbangers.

Anyone building a portable with that kind of power would need to be cashed up for the litigation to follow. I've seen the same specs you have for the PB2 and I shake my head - I almost hurt myself with the P4 the first time I plugged my PL50s into it - the prospect of doing the same thing with a 'portable' E9 is truly frightening, You might end up owning dozens of amps, but you only get one pair of ears.

May 7, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #139 of 1,271
Really? I never knew this to be the norm, interesting. I'm lucky enough to have a predator that charges while in use.

So I've not been following Fiio's line too much, but I'm going to take the plunge on the E11 to take a peek. I'm curious does anyone know if the E11 will/can be used with the E9? Or if there are any future plans from Fiio to create another similar combo for the E11?

May 8, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #144 of 1,271

Quote:
That sounds like a strange production engineering decision.

I think it has more to do with the use of cellphone battery. I suspect it needs a different charging circuit which can't be used to power the amp at the same time, so it will be easier and simpler just to turn the amp off.

May 8, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #145 of 1,271
Hmmm, I was really close to buying the E7... But then I saw that this E11 is pretty much out now. I am not sure what I should get though. I do the majority of my listening at a desk, so a DAC would be really nice. But im not sure which would be best for me. I have a pair of Fischer Audio DBA-02's, Shure SRH750's, and AT AD700's with a macbook and a big PC I use. I am currently using the PA2v2 as my amp, but I am wanting to get a lil upgrade action going on.
What do you guys think?

May 8, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #146 of 1,271
popcorn.gif

May 8, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #147 of 1,271
ohh Fiio~

Good stuff haha. Did someone mentioned the e17??

May 8, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #148 of 1,271
X3!! when does that coming....i think it will be a waste if i buy e11 n x3

May 8, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #149 of 1,271
Quote:
ohh Fiio~

Good stuff haha. Did someone mentioned the e17??

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/536552/

Quote:
X3!! when does that coming....i think it will be a waste if i buy e11 n x3

The X3 has a similar internal amp to the E7. General impressions seem to indicate that the E11 is better amp-wise than the E7, so it may yet be worthwhile to get both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back