FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 5, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #77 of 1,271
So far as I know, the 2500mah BL-5B battery is something like copycat battery, and the real volume is not reliable.

Do not believe that there will have miracle  come from a nameless brand. it is impossible to build a 1000+mAh at the same size of the BL-5B. 

Also below is the dimension of BL-5B and BL-5C

[size=medium]BL-5B: 5.6 X 34 X 46 mm[/size]
[size=medium]BL-5C: 5.5 X 34 X 53 mm [/size]

[size=medium]So you can see that BL-5C will be bigger than BL-5B. [/size]

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 5, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #78 of 1,271
Oh, dear - another blazing FOTM - way to go, ClieOS. Still, at that incredible price, its difficult to imagine that this thing wasnt going to take off. I look forward to a few more impressions once the initial madness dies down.

May 5, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #79 of 1,271
how does it compare to the e7?  if you have one handy of course

May 6, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #80 of 1,271
Mike on Headfonia has posted his thoughts on e7 vs e11:

E7 and E11 briefly (with the JH16Pro, yea I know what an overkill. Just
want to make sure I can hear every single detail because both amps are
very close in terms of performance).
1. As I've said, very close voicing, very close signature and
technicalities. (Does the two share the same op-amp? Sounds like they do).
2. E7 is more lively, has better treble, more spacious. The midrange is
more congested and confused though.
3. E11 is warmer, fuller mids, better mids and thicker lows than the E7.
Overall warmer and slight darker than the E7. I like the signature
better but I wish it can be as open sounding as the E11.
4. I can use the E11 to drive a HE-500 till my ears bleed (seriously), I
can't do that with the E7
5. I'd get the E11 just purely because of the mechanical/analog volume knob alone. Getting the volume up and down is a slow business in the E7.
6. No problem with the ultra-sensitive 18 Ohms JH16Pro with both amps.
7. I also tried both amps with the Sony ZX700 and ATH M50. Good sound with both headphones.

May 6, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #81 of 1,271
Kunlun, forget about his Fiio meanderings - did you read THIS bombshell ?

http://www.headfonia.com/the-fostex-hp-p1/

For those thinking 'Arggh - the price !', run the numbers on the Solo/RX MkII pairing : this thing comes in at half the price !

May 6, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #82 of 1,271

Quote:
sounds good. and great price. i'll take it in count if i go for the pk1. (though still thinking about the pk2...)

I just thought I'd chime in as  FORMER OWNER of the PK2, it is cold and sterile with lean bass IMO. I much prefer the PK3, but haven't yet heard the revered PK1. YMMV.

May 6, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #83 of 1,271
Quote:
I understand that size is a concern, yet they're very similar in size and weight (3g difference). The main issue of BL-5B is that they really are very weak, specially since the official specifications of BL-5B state that it only had 890mAh.
My question is, are there any reliable manufacturers/stores that sell BL-5B batteries with a capacity higher than the stock 890mAh? Like the 2050mAh battery ClieOS said it was reliable.

EDIT: A properly built higher capacity battery would work perfectly, as it would only have a longer discharge time, and not an output higher than stock specs, if I'm not mistaken.

The stock capacity isn't all the bad actually. Even E7 doesn't have that big of a battery, but it does draw a lot less power.

Quote:
So far as I know, the 2500mah BL-5B battery is something like copycat battery, and the real volume is not reliable.

Do not believe that there will have miracle  come from a nameless brand. it is impossible to build a 1000+mAh at the same size of the BL-5B. 

Yep, I just ordered it to try out. Won't recommend anyone to do so before I got mine to test with. Hopefully it will work.

Quote:
Oh, dear - another blazing FOTM - way to go, ClieOS. Still, at that incredible price, its difficult to imagine that this thing wasnt going to take off. I look forward to a few more impressions once the initial madness dies down.

As I said it before, take it with a grain of salt. :)

Quote:
how does it compare to the e7?  if you have one handy of course

Quote:
Mike on Headfonia has posted his thoughts on e7 vs e11:

Won't say I disagree with Mike there. But my observation is like this: E7 is more compressed to the middle, E11 and T3D is more open / pan out and effortless (which is the main reason why I consider T3D / E11 to be better, as the overall image, position and soundstage are better). If anything E7, E11 and T3D all share the same kind of clean, transparent and neutral sound, fairly similar to 3MOVE in a way.

Quote:
I just thought I'd chime in as  FORMER OWNER of the PK2, it is cold and sterile with lean bass IMO. I much prefer the PK3, but haven't yet heard the revered PK1. YMMV.

IIRC, PK2 is closer to PK1 than to PK3. PK3 is a more fun and lively sound earbuds, though I personally prefer PK1 type of sound.

May 6, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #85 of 1,271

Quote:
If you already own the e7, is it worth buying the e11. Would there be that much differance in sound

If you already has the E7, I would imagine the next significant upgrade will probably be >$200. E11 is an upgrade, but it can't do miracle, especially since it doesn't have a USB DAC that you can use with PC.

May 6, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #87 of 1,271

Quote:

biggrin.gif
might get both pk3 and pk2, which would be cheaper than the pk1 alone! but for bass i already  own the mx471

May 6, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #88 of 1,271

Quote:
I only use the e7 with an ipod and full size headphone's

If you were to sell the E7 and get the E11 for a larger output and slightly smaller footprint, you will probably break even on the money, more or less. For driving headphone alone, E11 is still the better choice, just not going to be as significant as going form E7 to a 3MOVE kind of upgrade.

May 6, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #89 of 1,271
Might buy this next month so other members can call me a FiiO fanboy 
tongue.gif

May 6, 2011 at 6:29 AM Post #90 of 1,271
Ordered, I'll post my opinion when received.  I'll test it with my DT770 pro's (80ohm).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back