FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 5, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #62 of 1,271
So very excited - thank you for the impressions and answering all the questions.

I think I may finally see a light at the end of this long, long tunnel.

May 5, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #63 of 1,271
Thanks for the quick impressions.  I didn't realize this was only $60???  Wow, even so, can't believe I'm considering another amp.

May 5, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #67 of 1,271
Thanks for the first impressions. Long time fan here, I see that the MTPC is in your inventory. I was wondering how's the synergy between the MTPC and E11 ? Thanks for the work !

May 5, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #68 of 1,271
Thanks for the link to pj, ordered one this morning. I've been watching this thread for what seems like forever so I'm glad to see it's finally available!

And also thanks for the first impression review too.

May 5, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #69 of 1,271
not fair, where to order in the US?

come on micca 
tongue_smile.gif

May 5, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #72 of 1,271
Just ordered it from same link + the L9.  Waiting for confirmation email.  Guess it may take a while to get Down Under though .....

May 5, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #73 of 1,271
Quote:
The higher capacity battery you're planning to get is a BL-6B, right?

Still a BL-5B, one of those that have been mentioned below.

Quote:
"Don't have iPhone or iPad, but as long as the source is decent, I would think E11 will sound better than E7+DAC. E7 amp section on this case is a big limiting factor."

E7 amp section use a pre- / power amp setup based on a decent opamps. but E11 is 3 channels based on a known-to-be-good-and powerful opamp. If E7 used a really good opamp, then it might be able to compete with E11. But E7 simply isn't meant to be best sounding, but more practical. If you put the E11 opamp into E7, it will cut down runtime too much to worth the effort. This is why FiiO developed E11 after E7, so people can have a choice for what is more important to them.

Quote:
Has anybody had any experience with 'gold' batteries such as this one?
It claims to be 1930mAh, but given the distinctly unbranded unit and packaging along with the fact that no other batteries seem to come near this value, it seems like it might be con.
Jumping the gun a bit here I know, but it would be useful to find a good source for some slightly higher capacity batteries for recommendation purposes.
Rather more optimistic about these two.

Quote:
you could give this a shot too, it claims 2050 mAh.

I'll probably opt for any of the two.(1930 or 2050)., preferably the 2050mAh version since I know it is from a well known company. But the seller doesn't seem to want to ship to anywhere else except U.S.

Quote:
I thought it was a different battery, and honestly the battery chosen for the E11 is absurdly bad. If it was the BL-5C, then easy and reliable upgrades could be had, but the BL-5B battery slot doesn't have that many reliable quality battery upgrades out there. A very poor design decision and definitely a point against E11 
frown.gif

Actually BL-5B is one of the most popular cellphone battery in China, so it becomes the natural choice for E11. The good thing is you probably can get the battery 10 years from now on eBay without much problem. As mention by other, some Chinese companies are making >1600mAh version of BL-5B, so you can effectively double the battery life on E11 now. That is quite good actually.

Quote:
what kind of battery the e11 use??

Mentioned above.

Quote:
Thanks for the first impressions. Long time fan here, I see that the MTPC is in your inventory. I was wondering how's the synergy between the MTPC and E11 ? Thanks for the work !

Quite good. I haven't noticed any odd synergy between E11 and other headphone so far.

May 5, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #74 of 1,271
About the battery,

1, BL-5B is the most suitable we can find now, because it's size and volume. if we use BL-5C, the size will be bigger, anyway, it is not a big problem to buy a BL-5B from a local store. and we can also sell it if our customer can not buy from

local market.

2, I had never heard any technology that can double the volume of the battery, so be careful about that.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 5, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #75 of 1,271
I understand that size is a concern, yet they're very similar in size and weight (3g difference). The main issue of BL-5B is that they really are very weak, specially since the official specifications of BL-5B state that it only had 890mAh.
My question is, are there any reliable manufacturers/stores that sell BL-5B batteries with a capacity higher than the stock 890mAh? Like the 2050mAh battery ClieOS said it was reliable.

EDIT: A properly built higher capacity battery would work perfectly, as it would only have a longer discharge time, and not an output higher than stock specs, if I'm not mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back