FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 5, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #46 of 1,271
might be too soon but, how is the battery life in real use conditions?

poor cliieos he's been bombarded with all kinds of questions 
L3000.gif

May 5, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #47 of 1,271
Hi ClieOS,

You are making everyone excited about this! :)

How about a full size headphone? I have FA-003s and I was wondering if these would do a better job than uDAC (v1) in terms of getting FA-003s their full potential, as well as being portable. If I keep the uDAC and use its line out, should I expect an improvement?

cheers

May 5, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #49 of 1,271

Quote:
ClieOS, can you compare E11 with PA2V2?

Quote:
Nice to hear good things about this amp clieos. Would you be able to compare this amp to the arrow later on? Have you had any experience with the Arrow?

I can't compare E11 to amp I don't have or hear of, sorry.

Quote:
Does the E11 change vocals? If so, how? I am interested in this because it's what I love about my Miracle :) Can't wait till it's released.

It is a pretty neutral (flat) amp as far as I can tell for now. So basically it doesn't boost or reduce any particular region of frequency. I'll need to do some RMAA test later to confirm it of course.

Quote:
I’m interested in features though – does this have auto power on when receiving a signal?

No. The Alps volume pot also acts as an on/off switch.

Quote:
I'll reserve judgement for the full review, but in the meantime I'm curious about this lo/hi-current switch. I already knew that the AD8397 had two current modes from reading up on the Arrow, but I didn't realise that FiiO were giving any way to change the modes. On top of the gain and bass settings, there seems to be a number of ways to tune it to your own tastes in terms of battery life, tone and power. Could we get a picture of this illusive switch, please?

It is basically feeding the opamp on different current. By limiting the current intake, you get better battery life. I am about to order a new battery tomorrow that will double the original capacity. We'll see how that goes.

For now:
E11-12.jpg

Quote:

From what I understand, it was ClieOS's remark that the Arrow had two different current modes that gave them the idea to implement this switch.

wink_face.gif

Quote:
how do they sound with the gr07. I so wanna get 1 now.

Pretty good actually. I am listening to them right now.

Quote:
Also, a bit off topic, but have you heard anything recent about the progress of the RE272? I know it's been up on your blog for quite some time as a possible review.

Some of the early batch of RE272 have been sent out by Fang as gift over at erji.net for a competition. Words are they are better than RE262, as expected. I have not received it yet, nor know when it will come.

Quote:

Do you think the E7-DAC (on my run-of-the-mill Acer laptop) sound better than the E11-amp on [iPhone3G/iPad2] with LOD?

(If so, I'll wait for the E11 instead of getting the E7 now.)

Don't have iPhone or iPad, but as long as the source is decent, I would think E11 will sound better than E7+DAC. E7 amp section on this case is a big limiting factor.

Quote:
clieos, can you make the comparison between e11 and mini3? i believe they share similar circuit and signal opamp..

Don't have a mini3 ;p

Quote:

1-So the detail and resolution improves w/ gain?  Any loss of source transparency or clarity as you engage high gain?

2-Any idea what the voltage swing is and what sort of current it puts out per channel?

3-Does it get warm and how warm?

4-Is it actually using a pseudo balanced ground topology?

Thanks.

1. Yes and no. Like the T3D, 3MOVE and Stepdance, many amp just sound better at higer  gain. E11 is also one of them.
2. No idea. But here is some spec James posted earlier.
3. Nope. The battery gets slightly warm when you charge it, just like a cellphone. That's about it.
4. It is not balanced ground, just active ground.

Quote:
might be too soon but, how is the battery life in real use conditions?

poor cliieos he's been bombarded with all kinds of questions 
L3000.gif

Yep, too soon to tell for now. Seems like I can't answer question fast enough.

Quote:
How about a full size headphone? I have FA-003s and I was wondering if these would do a better job than uDAC (v1) in terms of getting FA-003s their full potential, as well as being portable. If I keep the uDAC and use its line out, should I expect an improvement?

Haven't try full size yet, but I don't have any particularly hard to drive full size. I'll test FA-003 tomorrow. Now is too late (almost 2am).

Quote:
Oh, how about E11(amp from iPhone3g/iPad2) vs. E7(DAC from my laptop)

Answered.

May 5, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #50 of 1,271
someone make ClieOS stop making me drool...:]

We all knew it would be amazing heh, no surprise to me at all but thanks for the impressions.  I've been waiting in line for this since it was announced, im that guy in the tent at the front of the line outside haha

May 5, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #53 of 1,271
The higher capacity battery you're planning to get is a BL-6B, right?

I would also like to know how the E11 behaves with full size headphones, but I guess that's something for the full review.

May 5, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #54 of 1,271
Ordered from PJBOX - hope to the gods I got in there in time. If I have, I might write a review of my own. That'd be something...
Thanks again to ClieOS for answering all the questions and for posting that picture of the switch.

May 5, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #55 of 1,271
Thank you ClieOS for your quick response!

I was wondering if you could explain a bit more what you meant by this:

"Don't have iPhone or iPad, but as long as the source is decent, I would think E11 will sound better than E7+DAC. E7 amp section on this case is a big limiting factor."

May 5, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #57 of 1,271
Has anybody had any experience with 'gold' batteries such as this one?
It claims to be 1930mAh, but given the distinctly unbranded unit and packaging along with the fact that no other batteries seem to come near this value, it seems like it might be con.
Jumping the gun a bit here I know, but it would be useful to find a good source for some slightly higher capacity batteries for recommendation purposes.
Rather more optimistic about these two.

May 5, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #59 of 1,271
I thought it was a different battery, and honestly the battery chosen for the E11 is absurdly bad. If it was the BL-5C, then easy and reliable upgrades could be had, but the BL-5B battery slot doesn't have that many reliable quality battery upgrades out there. A very poor design decision and definitely a point against E11 
frown.gif

May 5, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #60 of 1,271
BTW, the original values of the BL-5B batteries are 3.7V and 890mAh, values other than those aren't the original specs of that battery model. Though, I'd like to hear feedback on one of those 1000+mAh batteries, if anyone gets one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back