FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 27, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #496 of 1,271
I have been using the E11 with the L9 LOD to my iPad and iPhone. However, I decided to try my other LOD from Head-Fi member "compicat" which is sells on his ebay store http://cgi.ebay.com/IPOD-LINE-OUT-DOCK-LOD-HEADPHONE-AMP-SILVER-COPPER-/250713187684?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3a5faba564

Let me just say the dark sound, or slightly heaviness in the bass is gone. It's an OMG, OMG, OMG difference. I was so excited I plugged in and tried the following headphones -

Sennheiser HD-415 - these are really old now, but this combination blew these to levels I have never heard. Superb attach, openess and bass. 

Sony MDR EX-91 - old in ear canal headphones. Explosive sound, deep bass, very lively

Fischer Audio FA-003 - very dynamic sounding, punchy bass, not too heavy now. Really really lovely to listen too.

REOs - Again, more bass present and more energetic. 

The most significant difference of changing the LOD was that the bass boost function was now not needed on the E11. Even the REOs didnt benefit that much from moving bass boost to 1. The FA-003 didn't need any bass enhancement. The sound stage was now opened out and was not as heavy any more. 

Once very happy person.

May 27, 2011 at 5:07 AM Post #497 of 1,271
Quote:
Hi ClieOS
I have just bought my Denon AH D2000 headphones, and am considering an amp.
I am using an S:FLO2 mp3 player which is very powerful.
Do you think the fiio e11 will make considerably better sound quality than without the amp?

Thanks alot in advance for your help.

Do I think E11 is a noticeable upgrade over S:flo2 internal amp? Yes, I think so. There won't be a lot of different sound signature wise as both of them are on the more transparent side. The differences are (beside power output) on separation and soundstage, which is a bit better on E11. Of course the more demanding your headphone is, the more noticeable it will be. I don't have a D2000 to tell you how much improvement you will notice. On easily driven headphone, I reckon you will find it more of an refinement than an improvement.

May 27, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #499 of 1,271
My E11 just arrived from PJBOX this morning - so it seems they're back from their holidays and the amps have shipped. It's charging right now - not tried it yet.
More to follow....

May 27, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #500 of 1,271
Got mine today from a UK eBay seller for £39.99 (incl P&P).

First impressions are it looks very well made but tiny. Although its about the same height as my E7 it looks and feels a lot smaller and lighter, about half the thickness. My setup is from my iPhone 4 > Custom LOD > W4 .Its on Lvl2 bass and high gain and it sounds fantastic.

Only criticism (like a previous poster says) I have difficulty adjusting the volume knob when in use (but thats not really no bad thing) and it doesn't really seem to fit too well with L-shaped jack plugs, but apart from these really minor issues, i'm loving it!

May 27, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #502 of 1,271
If you have problem accessing the volume knob on E11 with a bigger DAP or iPhone, just place it at a lower position so the volume knob sticks out a little more.

May 27, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #504 of 1,271

Quote:
say clieos. is it posible to ask you to try a few songs with the pk1+e11 ? not right now, but want to know if i you could sometime

You can ask, but no guarantee that I will have the songs or the answer.
wink.gif

May 27, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #505 of 1,271
How does the E11 fare for sensitive IEMs such as the IE8? I'm looking for something that gets rid of the hissing noise

The IE8 hisses with everything I have right now and it's really annoying. Looking for a way to get rid of the hissing. The review says that the E11 hisses with the SE530 but what about the IE8?

May 27, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #506 of 1,271
I hate to derail this thread, but just a word of caution for those thinking of ordering from mp4nation. I have NOT have good experiences at all.

I ordered an E7+E9 combo on 4/10/2011. 
4/14 - Got an email saying that it was shipped out with a tracking number.
4/18 - tracking number still does not register with the post office so I chat with their support. They assure me the package has been dropped off. 
4/26 - tracking number still invalid, so I email them again. They say it's dropped off in the mail and that the Hong Kong post tracking is simply behind
4/27 - I get suspicious that after two week after supposedly it was mailed out that the tracking still doesn't register. I email them threatening to open a Paypal dispute.
4/29 - Tracking number magically appears in the parcel system. 
5/13 - Receive my package after waiting for over one month. 

I ordered from them because it was about 20 dollars cheaper than Amazon. I regret doing so, because if anything went wrong with the amp I'd have to jump through hoops to get it returned/exchanged. If you google mp4nation, you will see lots of customer complaints about them. 

Anyway, my E11 gets here today. Very excited. I'm a complete newb when it comes to the world of amps, so I doubt my impressions with mean much. I'll be sure to leave some anyway. I'm hoping to be able to bring my K701s to the office if the E11 can power them sufficiently.

Quote:
http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45&products_id=530

Fiio E11 £42

Free 4-14 days worldwide postage.

Available now from what I can work out.

May 27, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #509 of 1,271
Hey ClieOS,
Fuze>Fiio L6 LOD>E11>RE0,
Or
Fuze>RE0s,
which combo has a better soundstage for you? Actually i just built a Mini^3 and it sounds congested, and hisses (gain 5). My setup is Fuze>LOD>Mini^3>RE0s.
But my CMoy, to me, sounds better. I can't make out if the hiss or the congestion is what's irritating me.
Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back