FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 26, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #481 of 1,271
E11 arrived today.  First impressions, smaller then expected A+ there. 

Using my Cowon J3 I will use following headphones. 

MX980s, Yuin PK2s , Turbine Pro Coppers. 

I'll report in later... 

May 26, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #482 of 1,271
The E11 is so thin and sleek. Its the same length and width as the mini3 but is half as thick. The L9 is a great LOD and makes for a really great setup, but its a little difficult to change the volume. One thing to note, is that this amp sounds very dark to me compared to my mini3. Unfortunately, I really like brighter sound signatures. On the bright side, for all those RE-0 users out there looking for more lower end, this could be your answer especially with the bass boost.

May 26, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #483 of 1,271

Quote:
The L9 is a great LOD and makes for a really great setup, but its a little difficult to change the volume.
 ​

Time to move from the iPod to a Walkman.  The LOD connector isn't as wide.  You can get your fingers in there to adjust the volume much easier. 
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #484 of 1,271
Ok this might be a weird question. But how come everybody uses the E11 with earphones/IEMs?
Once mine arrive (probably Monday) I will report on how they sound on my M50s and Klipsch Image S4 (havent used them ever since I got the M50 + they probably sound no good after me getting used to the M50). And planning on getting some higher impedance HP too.

May 26, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #485 of 1,271
Because it is so small and suited for portability, I am guessing it will be the most appealing to people who value portability like IEMs and other portable headphones. The E11 cannot be used while charging so it gets the most benefit for headphones that can be used on the go.
Quote:
Ok this might be a weird question. But how come everybody uses the E11 with earphones/IEMs?
Once mine arrive (probably Monday) I will report on how they sound on my M50s and Klipsch Image S4 (havent used them ever since I got the M50 + they probably sound no good after me getting used to the M50). And planning on getting some higher impedance HP too.

May 27, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #486 of 1,271

Quote:
After charging and recharging how long does amp last in high power mode?

It is in the review, around 14~15 hrs on volume 3.5/9 with a 32ohm IEM, high power, high gain, bass lv2. Your result will vary depends on volume, bass boost and headphone used, but it should be over 10 hrs in most cases.

Quote:
OK, quick question.  I'm seeing posts here where people are referring to high-power and low-power modes.  How do we control those modes?  Or, are they just the High and Low gain settings that control this?

Also in the review, just read it.

Quote:
The E11 is so thin and sleek. Its the same length and width as the mini3 but is half as thick. The L9 is a great LOD and makes for a really great setup, but its a little difficult to change the volume. One thing to note, is that this amp sounds very dark to me compared to my mini3 using a mini 3. Unfortunately, I really like brighter sound signatures. On the bright side, for all those RE-0 users out there looking for more lower end, this could be your answer especially with the bass boost.

I am just have to ask - do you think it really is dark vs.bright, or is it more like neutral vs. full or laid back vs. forwarded? I have a hunch that it is more like the later because I would imagine that's the same conclusion people will make on E11 vs. cmoyBB where the fuller, more forwarded presentation gives the impression that a certain amp sounds brighter, and more 'grand'. See this for reason.

Also, do you set your E11 on high power mode?

May 27, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #487 of 1,271
lol singha - all i can focus on in your picture is your first aid book. good to see another med student here. second year about to take your boards? or first year gunner?

Quote:
The E11 is so thin and sleek. Its the same length and width as the mini3 but is half as thick. The L9 is a great LOD and makes for a really great setup, but its a little difficult to change the volume. One thing to note, is that this amp sounds very dark to me compared to my mini3 using a mini 3. Unfortunately, I really like brighter sound signatures. On the bright side, for all those RE-0 users out there looking for more lower end, this could be your answer especially with the bass boost.

May 27, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #489 of 1,271
Hello ClieOS, I just first wanted to say that you have helped me so much in the last 4 months with finding headphones. I think that your theory may be correct, because this may explain why the high gain setting seems to make the headphones brighter. However, I did find this amp to be even colder than my mini3, but certainly less so than the E7. I always thought the mini3 had a reputation for being a neutral amp so this was surprising, but I am no means an expert on headphone amps. Maybe, I am searching for a warmer amp, which is interesting considering I prefer more neutral headphones.

Quote:
Also, do you set your E11 on high power mode?

I'm a 2nd year at UCLA and definitely not a gunner. Test is in three weeks. I basically got into this hobby looking for the perfect pair of "study" headphones and got a little carried away. $800 later I am still searching. Where do you go to school?
Quote:
lol singha - all i can focus on in your picture is your first aid book. good to see another med student here. second year about to take your boards? or first year gunner?

May 27, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #490 of 1,271
Quote:
Hello ClieOS, I just first wanted to say that you have helped me so much in the last 4 months with finding headphones. I think that your theory may be correct, because this may explain why the high gain setting seems to make the headphones brighter. However, I did find this amp to be even colder than my mini3, but certainly less so than the E7. I always thought the mini3 had a reputation for being a neutral amp so this was surprising, but I am no means an expert on headphone amps. Maybe, I am searching for a warmer amp, which is interesting considering I prefer more neutral headphones.

I am no expert myself, but I think it is quite interesting how each of us interprets amp differently (then again, it is the same thing all over the headphone forum).

Anyway, just received an email from MP4 Nation and they have some E11 in stock, US$69.50 w/ free shipping (which could be a little slow w/ HK post). For what I know, they only have very limited stock, just like other dealers. Grab it when you can!

May 27, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #493 of 1,271
I had reserved a set of E11 but now thinking if it is worth getting one... Does my setup really need one?

May 27, 2011 at 4:20 AM Post #494 of 1,271
Hi ClieOS
I have just bought my Denon AH D2000 headphones, and am considering an amp.
I am using an S:FLO2 mp3 player which is very powerful.
Do you think the fiio e11 will make considerably better sound quality than without the amp?

Thanks alot in advance for your help.

May 27, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #495 of 1,271
http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45&products_id=530

Fiio E11 £42

Free 4-14 days worldwide postage.

Available now from what I can work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back