FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 27, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #511 of 1,271

Quote:
Hey ClieOS,
Fuze>Fiio L6 LOD>E11>RE0,
Or
Fuze>RE0s,
which combo has a better soundstage for you? Actually i just built a Mini^3 and it sounds congested, and hisses (gain 5). My setup is Fuze>LOD>Mini^3>RE0s.
But my CMoy, to me, sounds better. I can't make out if the hiss or the congestion is what's irritating me.
Regards

I listen to mine this way: Fuze > Mod'ed FiiO L6 > E11 > RE0 and they sound great together, definitely a step up from Fuze > RE0.

May 27, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #512 of 1,271
Might get stoned for asking this 
tongue.gif
, but is there anyone out there that is a little disappointed with the E11.   I gotta remember that it is a $60 amp, and portable amps will only go so far in improving the sound.  There is no question that the amp has plenty of bass, but what about everything else, clarity, sound stage, details, mids, lows etc..  

Using the Sennheiser MX980s, Cowon J3 listening to certain types of music like United Destination 2011 (Mixed By Dash Berlin). IMO it sounds better without the amp, adding the amp with the settings at EQ 1 and Gain on High, I do not hear a lot of certain types of instruments used, it seems like the bass is so much that it over shadows everything else. and yes I have set the EQ to neutral and adjusted accordingly. 

Adele - Rolling in the deep, using the amp for this track sounds amazing, better then anything I have heard before, but overall when listening to other music and songs that I know very well, seem like the bass over shadows everything else.     

I always think maybe I am doing something wrong or I have the wrong EQ settings. Or maybe it is because I am using earbuds. But again when you have listened to a song 50 times over and you hear certain sounds, then adding a amp ( E11) and your not hearing them as well as you did.  I just have to wonder if anyone else understands where I am coming from lol ...

I do not mean to knock the E11, or Fii0, one of the main reasons I bought it was because of the E5, on how impressed I was with it. Just at this point I am not as impressed, I want to be lol, I had great expectations just based on the reviews and from using the E5.  

May 27, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #513 of 1,271
What's in your Modded L6? I mean what caps?

May 27, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #514 of 1,271
May 27, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #515 of 1,271

Quote:
Might get stoned for asking this 
tongue.gif
, but is there anyone out there that is a little disappointed with the E11.   I gotta remember that it is a $60 amp, and portable amps will only go so far in improving the sound.  There is no question that the amp has plenty of bass, but what about everything else, clarity, sound stage, details, mids, lows etc..  

May I ask how do you set up your E11? This [J3 low volume + E11 high volume] or this [J3 high volume + E11 low volume]?

May 27, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #516 of 1,271
Which is why the poster that I quoted states free 4-14 days worldwide postage? 

I didn't know they had a rep for poor delivery times. I was quoting their website stated standard free delivery.

I'm in no rush, so if they run over that's cool, though I guess the less patient should heed your original warning.

May 27, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #517 of 1,271
If you have problem accessing the volume knob on E11 with a bigger DAP or iPhone, just place it at a lower position so the volume knob sticks out a little more.

Sometimes the best solutions are the simplest ones!

Never even thought of that!

Or, simpler yet... just flip the whole thing over in your hand and work the volume knob from the back! It's exposed on both its sides!! That way you won't need to have it poking out of your rig at the bottom. The knob has a fair bit of resistance (which is no bad thing!) and so this is what I've been doing to make life easier.

May 27, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #519 of 1,271
Running my J3 into E11 at the same settings as above. Sounds fantastic into my e-Q7s. Will have a good listen to the FX700s later. Loving the E11 so far - quite exceptional value IMO.

May 27, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #520 of 1,271
Oh, didn't mean to make it seem I was picking on you or anything, but yes, that was specifically my point to Anathema123. They clearly state that timeframe on their website, and most people go by that. However, my experience and the experiences of others are far different (even searches on this forum will reveal the same).

Quote:
Quote:
Which is why the poster that I quoted states free 4-14 days worldwide postage? 

I didn't know they had a rep for poor delivery times. I was quoting their website stated standard free delivery.

I'm in no rush, so if they run over that's cool, though I guess the less patient should heed your original warning.

Anyway, I just unboxed it and let it charge for about half an hour. Plugged the K701's into it. I'm running it on high power/high gain. I turn the knob to 3/9 and it gets as loud as my iPod Classic on max volume. I can easily blow my ears out with this thing. 

I'm hesitant to give impressions on the sound compared to the E9 because I listen to FLAC at home and most of the music on my iPod are mp3s ranging from 192 - 320. I fired up Miles Davis's "So What" first (320 mp3), and noticed that the hissing is pretty loud. It's a bit better on low-gain, but still present. You don't notice it once the music starts though. The high's are noticeably harsher compared to my home setup, but I'd like to compare the same source file so I can rule out as simply a matter of compression differences. Compared to plugging the K701 directly into my iPod, the sound is not only much louder, but much fuller and richer. 

All in all, I'm a happy camper right now. I've would never even consider bringing these headphones into work unless I'd also want to lug my bigger amp. Now I can plug these headphones into something into as small as a cigarette box (iPod+E11). 

May 27, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #521 of 1,271

Just got it last night, quickly charged and attached to clip plus. The M50's sound incredible! Need to play with the settings more, but so far I like EQ1, high gain, high power mode.

May 27, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #524 of 1,271

Quote:
It is in the review, around 14~15 hrs on volume 3.5/9 with a 32ohm IEM, high power, high gain, bass lv2. Your result will vary depends on volume, bass boost and headphone used, but it should be over 10 hrs in most cases.

ClieOS, thanks for initiating this review.  While I did read it 20+ days ago, I had forgotten some of the information (e.g. - high power / low power, etc.).  For anyone who who just received their E11, I think it's worthy to start at the top of this thread and pass through the review again.  This will ensure you're not overlooking anything.  That little piece of paper that FiiO included as an owner's guide that requires a magnifying glass to read is of some help, but the review for this amp is much more informative.

May 27, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #525 of 1,271

Quote:
J3 High Volume  (25)   E11 is between 4-5 on the Volume

Okay, thanks.

Quote:
They definitely failed when powering my HD650s even on high gain fully charged. But, headfonia did report that it could power his HE-500 so who knowa. Just don't count on it. 

HD650 isn't the easiest of headphone to drive for sure. What is your source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back