Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Apr 23, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #3,061 of 6,413
Apr 23, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #3,062 of 6,413
Apr 23, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #3,065 of 6,413
Quote:
anyone else mad curious as to what the upgrade program will be for the asg2?

You mean TO the ASG-2? Or did you hear about an upgrade option for ASG-2 to some other one. I know that the ASG-1 has extra space for the two tweeters in the housing. So you can upgrade to the ASG-2 down the line. There is no pricing set, but Dale seems intent on launching it soon. Probably when they launch the ASG-2s in general. 

This is probably what I'm going to do. And honestly I can't wait. If I can get some sparkle in the highs and have a bass vent for tunable bass, I'll be one happy camper!

Apr 23, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #3,066 of 6,413
Quote:

You mean TO the ASG-2? Or did you hear about an upgrade option for ASG-2 to some other one. I know that the ASG-1 has extra space for the two tweeters in the housing. So you can upgrade to the ASG-2 down the line. There is no pricing set, but Dale seems intent on launching it soon. Probably when they launch the ASG-2s in general. 

This is probably what I'm going to do. And honestly I can't wait. If I can get some sparkle in the highs and have a bass vent for tunable bass, I'll be one happy camper!

Kyuuketsuki, 

I think you are misunderstanding. You have the ASG-1.3. All previous versions did not have that space. I don't know how many people knew about that space since not many images have turned up of the new shell.

Apr 23, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #3,067 of 6,413
Quote:
Kyuuketsuki, 

I think you are misunderstanding. You have the ASG-1.3. All previous versions did not have that space. I don't know how many people knew about that space since not many images have turned up of the new shell.

Which still leaves me confused as to what he means for the ASG-2 upgrade thing. 

Apr 23, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #3,068 of 6,413
To put it simply, all versions of the ASG-1 will be upgradable to the G-2 for a fee

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #3,069 of 6,413
Here are a couple of photos I snapped of my AS-2 Black Rhodium/Polished set.  Another big thanks to Dale and Andy.  They sound even better than they look, been a great addition to the trip I'm on!

(Click for slightly larger FB sized 2048px)

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #3,070 of 6,413
Magnificent iems. I wish someone with other high end CIEMs could provide objective impressions.
Here are a couple of photos I snapped of my AS-2 Black Rhodium/Polished set.  Another big thanks to Dale and Andy.  They sound even better than they look, been a great addition to the trip I'm on!

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #3,072 of 6,413

Quote:

Those look great, and nice photography!

I'll just leave these here:

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #3,073 of 6,413
We're all waiting for Shotgunshane's impressions.

Shane's gonna meet up with Dale at Canlanta next month. My money's on Anakchan since Dimitri of Musica is gonna be heading back to JP (or is already there)

And damn, the Terminator is the first thing that came to mind when I saw the chrome/red combo on the AS-2 :p

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #3,075 of 6,413
Quote:
Magnificent iems. I wish someone with other high end CIEMs could provide objective impressions.

Kunlun has been keeping in contact with me since the meet and he's gonna be working on a review of his AS-2's sometime soon. I don't know when it'll be out but He has experience with other CIEM's. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back