Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Apr 19, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #3,032 of 6,413
I have a question regarding the AS-2 and sound isolation. I wanted to listen to them last weekend on a 2 hour car ride and while the road noise was mostly blocked the radio came through loud and clear so I really couldn't listen to them for too long without turning the volume higher than usual. Is that normal? Or am I still getting a less than ideal seal? I've only had universals prior to the AS-2 so this is a new experience for me. I was playing around with my 1.2's and notice I get the "full ear" feeling others have mentioned and a tight seal. With the AS-2, once I have them in I don't even notice they are there.

I absolutely love the sound and keep hearing things in recordings I never knew existed. I haven't tested them in a performance setting but notice when I sing with them I can immediately hear whether I'm in tune or not and can adjust accordingly which is a pretty cool experience.

appreciate the help as always :)

Apr 19, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #3,033 of 6,413
Hmmm... Depends on how loud the car radio was I suppose. I can vacuum with my customs in (while playing music) and not really hear the roar of the vac which is pretty damned loud. They should definitely isolate better than the majority of universals, and nearly on a par with a deep triflange insertion from something like etymotic. 

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #3,034 of 6,413
Quote:

I'm (practically) born & raised in Portland.. the Oregon Coast is beautiful.  Truly one of a kind.  I think we need to have a mini meet at Mo's, Dale. 
bigsmile_face.gif

I like Mo's we will do that.

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #3,035 of 6,413
Quote:
Since NY is out of the question, I can wait until January. Do you offer show discounts at NAMM? Is it like CES? Where a personal purchase is out of the question?

Yes we offer show prices at NAMM which is artist pricing as most that attend are musicians. It's like CES for musicians.

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #3,037 of 6,413
Quote:
I have a question regarding the AS-2 and sound isolation. I wanted to listen to them last weekend on a 2 hour car ride and while the road noise was mostly blocked the radio came through loud and clear so I really couldn't listen to them for too long without turning the volume higher than usual. Is that normal? Or am I still getting a less than ideal seal? I've only had universals prior to the AS-2 so this is a new experience for me. I was playing around with my 1.2's and notice I get the "full ear" feeling others have mentioned and a tight seal. With the AS-2, once I have them in I don't even notice they are there.

I absolutely love the sound and keep hearing things in recordings I never knew existed. I haven't tested them in a performance setting but notice when I sing with them I can immediately hear whether I'm in tune or not and can adjust accordingly which is a pretty cool experience.

appreciate the help as always
smily_headphones1.gif

Call in and talk to Andy let's look into this a bit more. Midrange cuts through even the best hearing protection due to a number of factors. You will never block out everything though.

Apr 19, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #3,038 of 6,413
Quote:
Call in and talk to Andy let's look into this a bit more. Midrange cuts through even the best hearing protection due to a number of factors. You will never block out everything though.

Thanks, Dale - I'll do this next week as time got away from me today. 

Apr 19, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #3,039 of 6,413
Quote:
Yes we offer show prices at NAMM which is artist pricing as most that attend are musicians. It's like CES for musicians.

Thank you. I'll bring my Stratocaster.

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #3,040 of 6,413
Does that mean other black rhodium ASG-2's will ship next week?

We are excited to be attending our first Head-Fi meet on Saturday in NY! We look forward to meeting everyone that comes out. Dale will be there to answer any questions you might have about our products. We will have a pair of 24K gold IEMs along with the very first official ASG-2 plated in black rhodium for everyone to look at (this is our grand prize winners official set from our " Get your bass on" contest). We will be shipping it to him after the meet. We will also have a pair of ASG-2 Stealth, the new ASG-1 Rev 1.3 and an ASG-1S Rev 1.3 for everyone to listen to. We will be offering a 20% discount on all our products purchased at the show. All of our custom IEM orders will come with a set of Stealth Defender custom filtered ear plugs for FREE. Our audiology professional will be there to take ear impressions on site for our customers. Again we look forward to meeting with everyone! See you Saturday!

Apr 20, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #3,041 of 6,413
I like Mo's we will do that.

Mo's at Otter Rock used to have a plaque indicating that Bruce Springsteen ate there once :) But I like the view of the bay from Mo's here in LC the best :)

Apr 20, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #3,043 of 6,413
Wow, gorgeous Sopp! Can't wait to hear what you think of them

Apr 20, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #3,045 of 6,413
You gonna post pics of yours when they come in Shane? I heard you got some interesting stuff done for your pair

Users who are viewing this thread

Back