Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Mar 22, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #2,866 of 6,413
Thanks for deleting Kenman, but I read all the deletes,  ha ha!!!! totally kidding!!!!  LOL!! 
    Just wanted to apologize to you Headfiers for my using the site as a sounding board instead of contacting Aurisonics directly, I was wrong for posting that up. In retrospect I should have sent it via personal email to Aurisonics.  
    Got a very quick response from Andy at Aurisonics last night via email and phone, and I missed both, but spoke with him this am and he apologized for losing my address, apparently they had been ready a short time ago.   He did say many of my points were valid and he took full responsibility for the lack of communication as to the lengthy delay for me and others.   He even offered expedited shipping and a T shirt and I declined; I have no urgency to get them.   Yet I would like to donate the T shirt they offered me to Kenman for his enthusiastic and excellent free liason work he did for them!     I do want to say that the Aurisonic customer service, once they realize there is problem is A+++  in my books and look forward to working with them in the future.

Mar 22, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #2,867 of 6,413
Actually, I'd very much like to praise the audience of this thread on how mature and well behaved you are on constructive criticism. I only wish subscribers of some of the other threads are so mature in their response.

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #2,868 of 6,413
Didn't Aurisonics post that they received the new valves a couple of weeks ago?

2 weeks ago, yeah, and orders have been going out, just like Dale claimed. Naoo and Tone Seeker are two recent recipients of the phones. I'm sure Vocalist will be getting hers soon too, if she hasn't already. Oh and LCMusicFan got his as well of course

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #2,869 of 6,413
Quote:
Thanks for deleting Kenman, but I read all the deletes,  ha ha!!!! totally kidding!!!!  LOL!! 
    Just wanted to apologize to you Headfiers for my using the site as a sounding board instead of contacting Aurisonics directly, I was wrong for posting that up. In retrospect I should have sent it via personal email to Aurisonics.  
    Got a very quick response from Andy at Aurisonics last night via email and phone, and I missed both, but spoke with him this am and he apologized for losing my address, apparently they had been ready a short time ago.   He did say many of my points were valid and he took full responsibility for the lack of communication as to the lengthy delay for me and others.   He even offered expedited shipping and a T shirt and I declined; I have no urgency to get them.   Yet I would like to donate the T shirt they offered me to Kenman for his enthusiastic and excellent free liason work he did for them!     I do want to say that the Aurisonic customer service, once they realize there is problem is A+++  in my books and look forward to working with them in the future.

I appreciate the sentiment. Aurisonics is a company just like any other. They try their best and it's not always gonna be perfect. I'm glad it worked out for you. Hopefully we'll be hearing comments about your gear on here soon.

EDIT: I highlighted a section because this was the resolution, the main point about how the problem got solved. I agree with you, always best to contact the company first and if you get no response to reach out to the community and then finally authorities if something is truly fishy.

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #2,870 of 6,413
Quote:
2 weeks ago, yeah, and orders have been going out, just like Dale claimed. Naoo and Tone Seeker are two recent recipients of the phones. I'm sure Vocalist will be getting hers soon too, if she hasn't already. Oh and LCMusicFan got his as well of course

I believe those are AS-2's? Have the ASG-2's started shipping as well?

Mar 22, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #2,872 of 6,413
Quote:
I recently pm'd dale asking about the ASG-2 for the contest winners and he said they should be shipping next week.

Cool, thanks for the info. :)

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #2,873 of 6,413
Quote:
I believe those are AS-2's? Have the ASG-2's started shipping as well?

Just to confirm, my comments earlier in the thread were based on the AS-2's that I ordered and paid for in December. I do not have the ASG-2's that I won in the contest yet. My understanding is that sets for contest winners will ship after the paid-for orders have been taken care of.

Once I've had a chance to hear the ASG-2's, and compare them to the AS-2's, I'm going to circulate the ASG-2's amoungst the musicians and sound techs that I play with and know locally. I suspect that many/most of them have never heard a really good set of IEM's. I'm beyond pleased to have the chance to tickle a few ears with something of this calibre. Ultimately they will become my backup set for live gigs.

Terry.

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #2,874 of 6,413
Quote:

Just to confirm, my comments earlier in the thread were based on the AS-2's that I ordered and paid for in December. I do not have the ASG-2's that I won in the contest yet. My understanding is that sets for contest winners will ship after the paid-for orders have been taken care of.

Once I've had a chance to hear the ASG-2's, and compare them to the AS-2's, I'm going to circulate the ASG-2's amoungst the musicians and sound techs that I play with and know locally. I suspect that many/most of them have never heard a really good set of IEM's. I'm beyond pleased to have the chance to tickle a few ears with something of this calibre. Ultimately they will become my backup set for live gigs.

Terry.

Thanks for the clarification, I'll be particularly interested in your thoughts on differences between the two. I have an ASG-1.2 arriving today to help satisfy my curiosity but really it's the ASG-2 that intrigues me the most.

Mar 22, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #2,875 of 6,413
Just got a message from Aurisoncs. My AS-2 will be finished soon as well. It took more time to do the coating thing for the plates and shells.

Mar 22, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #2,876 of 6,413
Quote:

I should have my set of AS-2's sometime tomorrow and couldn't be more excited!!  It's completely normal to stand at the window each day when you hear the mail truck to see if a package arrived, right?!  I'm really looking forward to them as I've been battling a running injury that's given me a little more down time than I'd anticipated.  

I am really glad to see some movement in this thread and admit, I understand the frustration others have expressed.  It's exceedingly hard to spend x-amount of money (especially around Christmas) and to not see the item you bought for months down the road.  I do, however, appreciate that we're all adult enough to discuss it without things getting out of hand and that Aurisonics/Dale have reached out to folks.  I guess the only other time I've had to wait for something of this magnitude was when I got my wedding dress since you either pay in full or put a down-payment down and it doesn't come in for 4-6 months!  I do love the fact that I'll be using these for more than one day 
wink.gif
 and have no intention what-so-ever of stowing them in the basement, LOL.  

Should I crack open my sealed set of PFE 232's to do a comparison?  If people are interested, I can or I can wait for another week-2 until I have the ASG-2 so it will be a little more fair. I've mainly been holding off for the possibility of selling them to re-coup some funds for the AS-2.  I also have the 1.2's on hand as well.  As for sources I can compare between the iPhone 4S, Sony A865 and Samsung Galaxy Media Player 4.2.  I don't have any amps (yet) so I won't be able to comment there.  Just let me know!

Mar 22, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #2,877 of 6,413
Nice. Comparisons against the PFE232 would definitely be interesting to hear about. I'd love to hear impressions from you specifically since you're a singer and have an interest in live music. I'd be interested in hearing how faithfully the AS-2 replicates vocals. I think at the moment, the FAD Heaven VI might be the best I've heard in that respect

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #2,879 of 6,413
Mar 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #2,880 of 6,413
Just wanted to say that while I was at work yesterday I missed a phone call from Andy at Aurisonics.  He left me about a minute and a half voice message explaining that my as2s that I ordered back from the Dec sale were about to ship out, but some last minute quality control check found something, so shipment is going to be delayed.  He was extremely apologetic about the situation and empathetic about the long-wait.  So now I've got NO hard feelings about the delay.  Just goes to show that a little communication goes a LONG way, and as long as head-fi'ers know what's going on, we're a (relatively) understanding group of consumers.  Lesson to companies that market to head-fi'ers: communication is good! 

mini rant over. What I meant to say was: I should be getting the as2s next week, so look forward to a review when I do! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back