Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Dec 30, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #2,477 of 6,413
sshhh! I finally got back around to finishing my 30 pin to usb! now I have all silver innerconnects between my iPod Classic 7th gen, and my ASG-1.2s! it's full of stars! lol,

well all silver is really bringing out the treble more! and has balanced out the sound even more, very near perfect, for my tastes. I think of it as having a W sound signiture? has great presence in the bass, the mids, and now even more so the treble! these ones had the upgrade, and Dale also fixed the driver flex! it was pretty bad,

so between the upgrade, and the all silver, it has added to the soundstage! kind of cool,

Thanks Dale!

so with the silver 30 pin to usb between my iPod and the CLAS, a silver 3.5 mini to mini connecting the CLAS to the GS Voyager! and a silver 3.5 mini connecting my Voyager to the ZOv1, it is a very nice way to start out the new year, sounding very awesome! well x-mas came 366 days early this year!

Happy Listening!

here is a beautiful picture of what I am referring too!

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #2,479 of 6,413
I am always amazed by the rig you got. I need to get some silver burnt in and in a form factor I can enjoy as an everyday thing before I go all in with it. It's definitely an interesting flavor to play with cables. I just use the stock cable for now and I don't use any interconnects. I remember when I used my iPod definitely liking the characteristics the AS-2's had with that small change of silver in the LOD. The entire setup must be fun. When you got amazing gear though, isn't every day christmas? 
Quote:

I've had the new driver in the AS-1's for about two weeks now. Damn are they impressive. much much more capable. Thankfully it lends itself well to the tuning Aurisonics applies to it. Even without having the same driver I can tell how much the AS-1 and AS-2 are siblings and their strong-points. I think I still need a bit more time with them as I had them on vacation with me and haven't really used them in the everyday grind of life, but I have no fears about that transition. Big point in my mind though is which would I rather have. AS-1 or AS-2. Problem is they are both really fun in their own respects. I very much appreciate the fact that I am lucky enough not to have to decide. close to 8-10 months ago I was buying a set of AS-1's and if I had gotten them instead of the AS-2's I think I would've still been quite satisfied and happy. The treble extension is definitely the main difference between the two sets that I notice. Even with a more capable driver the AS-1's just dont extend as high as the AS-2's do. I don't feel like I miss it too much going back and forth between the two sets, besides when i directly go between them. In the end, I have made full use of the different characteristics of the output jacks on my Tera Player and both custom models are absolutely wonderful. I just got back from vacation today, and I am happy to answer any questions about my feelings to the best of my ability.

I'm bringing in the New Years with style, AS-1's in my ears and some good music

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #2,480 of 6,413
Quote:
It would be interesting to hear comparisons between the 2. But the 1Plus2 is more so focused on competition with the Fit Ear 334, AKG3003, IE800 etc.

Thread subscribed and yes I'd like to bump this question too as I'm literally on the verge of investing in something but within the past 18 hrs, a few PMs have thrown a few more options that's made me re-think of my investment options.

No one here has heard/compared the 1+2 vs the AS-2?

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #2,481 of 6,413
Quote:

Thread subscribed and yes I'd like to bump this question too as I'm literally on the verge of investing in something but within the past 18 hrs, a few PMs have thrown a few more options that's made me re-think of my investment options.

No one here has heard/compared the 1+2 vs the AS-2?

I would recommend pm shotgunshane about the 1p2 and the AS2, he heard the 1p2- thought it was V-shaped and heard the AS2 as midcentric, but recommend you get it from the "horses" er "shotguns" mouth.)

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #2,482 of 6,413
@ Kenman:

can you elaborate on the differences btwn the as1s and 2s?

Do they share the same signature?

It sounds like the main difference is the extended treble, but how do the mids and lows compare?

thanks,
Chris

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #2,483 of 6,413
AS-2's and AS-1's are pretty similar. Because of the different dynamic driver I can't say 100% but they do share a similar signature. If you were to do a direct comparison the main thing is in fact the treble extension. I think the AS-2 may in fact go deeper in the bass than the AS-1 when it has the new driver inside. I had to pull some trickery with my gear to volume match them and when I do they really blend well together. The new driver is just basically a lot more sensitive, not needing as much power.

When volume matched, the AS-2 is just more clean and better in the bass and treble. midrange is also different but the main complaints about the ASG-1 that I can hear in the AS-1 seem to be resolved through the BA's in the AS-2. Not to say i really find it as an annoyance. I listen to the AS-1's unEQ'd about 90% of the time. I honestly love them about the same amount as the AS-2's. AS-1 and AS-2 each have a place in my travel bag and will for a very long time.

EDIT:
Just to note, it's been about 3 weeks of owning the AS-1 and already creeping up on the 75 hour mark. I estimate by the end of this month to have gotten about 100 hours of use out of them, maybe even more. They are truly magnificent

EDIT 2:
Also of note is that I find the AS-2's to be a lot more revealing. I can't stand non-lossless with the AS-2's (personal preference) and yet with the AS-1 I haven't had such strong feelings with lossy music.
Quote:
@ Kenman:

can you elaborate on the differences btwn the as1s and 2s?

Do they share the same signature?

It sounds like the main difference is the extended treble, but how do the mids and lows compare?

thanks,
Chris

Jan 4, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #2,484 of 6,413
Quote:
I would recommend pm shotgunshane about the 1p2 and the AS2, he heard the 1p2- thought it was V-shaped and heard the AS2 as midcentric, but recommend you get it from the "horses" er "shotguns" mouth.)

He heard the older model and GG received that same pair after and confirmed changes with burn in of the unit (he ran it in for a couple hundred hours). He doesn't find even the older model to be V-shaped at all which I am in agreement with those comments. The gold cable also did play a role in this as well though (really bad synergy together). Surprisingly though the gold and silver cable both excel on the newer unit since it is quite neutral sounding. Still doing side by side comparisons to the older unit I can tell you now the new unit is clearly superior in every way... I didn't think it was possible to be honest. I was so happy with the first unit but I was wrong.... Still there is a place in my heard for bassy and fun sound signatures and I'm hoping they 8A will fill that spot :).

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #2,485 of 6,413
I used the Tralucent gold, a Twag V2 and a BTG copper Sunrise cables. 1p2 v1 sounded V shaped to me on all 3, especially in direct comparison to the phones I have/had on hand. Can't say I've ever heard run in completely change a signature/FR. Can't comment on the redesign; haven't heard it.

On an Aurisonics note, I'll should have my AS-2 around the 16th this month!

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #2,487 of 6,413
Quote:
I used the Tralucent gold, a Twag V2 and a BTG copper Sunrise cables. 1p2 v1 sounded V shaped to me on all 3, especially in direct comparison to the phones I have/had on hand. Can't say I've ever heard run in completely change a signature/FR. Can't comment on the redesign; haven't heard it.
On an Aurisonics note, I'll should have my AS-2 around the 16th this month!

That's early! Did you buy it during the sale? I'll be happy to get mine before March.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back