Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Sep 23, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #1,802 of 6,413
Quote:
Hey Dave. I'm not hearing any imbalance. I'll try it out on some more tracks.

Weird.. You don't notice the left side being a bit biased? I was listening to some Sade and it is something I listen to all the time and I definitely noticed a bit more volume on the left side. I even did some A/Bing on the same track using my pair. I don't know. Maybe our ear shapes are compensating for the sound difference.

Sep 29, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #1,803 of 6,413
Trimming down my ASG1de
biggrin.gif
to make them more comfortable.

Working on the left one

Sep 30, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #1,805 of 6,413
Sorry chief, the correct word is 'sanding' :p I got a B&D 'Dremel' kit :D
Got rid of that pointy edge that would hurt my ear after long use. On today's bus trip - no more pain \m/

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #1,807 of 6,413
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I'm in the market for a new IEM. My current options are the Aurisonics 1.2, Westone UM3x, or the Vsonic GR07 mk ii. I was just wondering if the ASG or the UM3x would be a significant upgrade from the GR07, and if so, would the ASG 1.2 be better than the UM3x?

Thanks!

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #1,808 of 6,413
@RickH9

That is really hard to say because you got dynamic drivers vs. balanced armature, your best bet is to find a review of them describing each sound signature and figuring out which is more of your own personal preference. Ideally, you should try to get a listen to all of them.

On a personal note though, when do you guys think availability for the ASG-2 upgrade will come out? I am really on the fence about sticking with the aurisonics or jumping ship and getting the new UE900 as I am a huge fan of the TF10.

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #1,809 of 6,413
We are hopefully going to find out more about the ASG-2 in another week or two. Last time I talked to Dale it seemed he had enough stock of the BA's needed for the ASG-2 and AS-2's, that he could launch the ASG-2, but they are still very busy with AS-2 orders after having gone to NQC recently. I Once the Aurisonics team has enough people on hand or less orders to fill that they can focus on building yet another product, I'm sure the ASG-2 will launch soon after.
Quote:
@RickH9

That is really hard to say because you got dynamic drivers vs. balanced armature, your best bet is to find a review of them describing each sound signature and figuring out which is more of your own personal preference. Ideally, you should try to get a listen to all of them.

On a personal note though, when do you guys think availability for the ASG-2 upgrade will come out? I am really on the fence about sticking with the aurisonics or jumping ship and getting the new UE900 as I am a huge fan of the TF10.

EDIT: Just wanted to point out I am none the wiser to the plans of Aurisonics in terms of releasing the ASG-2. Every time I ask Dale has a new answer as sales have been very strong for the AS-2. The usual response is "soon" though, The main thing is if you want the UE900's, they're probably gonna be a nice bet for you, but if I were you I'd wait till the end of the month to make a decision. Dale teased the ASG-2 would be out by the end of the year, we should hopefully know when they will launch by the end of the month.

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #1,810 of 6,413
For those of you who want a beautiful shiny clear body for your Aurisonics product, I'm letting a little personal secret out of the bag. Just buy one of these Revlon Crazy Shine Nail Buffer from any local CVS, Target, Walmart, etc, or order them online. You'll need to cut these into slightly smaller more workable pieces for some of the corners but it gives the ASG or AS-1's a picture perfect shine. I'll post pictures later this week when I have time, but the overall final feel is extremely smooth, crystal clear, and looking like a million bucks.

The overall surface of the products is very much like the surface of our nails so these buffers seem to work like magic on both. Just read the directions if you're unfamiliar with how these are used. 

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #1,811 of 6,413
This will almost 100% void your warranty
Quote:
For those of you who want a beautiful shiny clear body for your Aurisonics product, I'm letting a little personal secret out of the bag. Just buy one of these Revlon Crazy Shine Nail Buffer from any local CVS, Target, Walmart, etc, or order them online. You'll need to cut these into slightly smaller more workable pieces for some of the corners but it gives the ASG or AS-1's a picture perfect shine. I'll post pictures later this week when I have time, but the overall final feel is extremely smooth, crystal clear, and looking like a million bucks.

The overall surface of the products is very much like the surface of our nails so these buffers seem to work like magic on both. Just read the directions if you're unfamiliar with how these are used. 

Oct 3, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #1,814 of 6,413
Quote:
You're tampering with a product and modifying it for your own purposes that is not original. 

You're polishing the surface, not modifying anything that would impact the functionality of the product nor its fit. I might be missing something, but I would be surprised if the manufacturer considered that grounds for voiding the warranty.

Terry.

Oct 3, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #1,815 of 6,413
Quote:

You're polishing the surface, not modifying anything that would impact the functionality of the product nor its fit. I might be missing something, but I would be surprised if the manufacturer considered that grounds for voiding the warranty.

Terry.

Changing the shape of the shell will mess with fit.  It counts as abuse in many aspects.  Which normally isn't covered.  IDK if Dale would support it (he's a really nice guy, so he may replace it under warranty when something happens, but don't count on it).  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back