Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Oct 12, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #1,831 of 6,413
Yea, they took the site down immediately even though they apparently were allowed to trademark their previous logo without any problems. In the end, I am actually glad their was a conflict with the logo, the new one is gonna be sexy on some CIEM's. Can't wait. Pretty sure it's causing some delays for my AS-1's now.
Quote:
I agree! The new one looks a lot better. Kudos to Aurisonics for dealing with the matter very responsively.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #1,833 of 6,413
almost 100% sure. Never got a confirmation from any sources when compiling my list. It needs to have recessed socket support which from pictures it looks like it has but I havent been able to get anyone to say for 100% fact that it is. Please check out the Aftermarket IEM cable list n my signature for any questions about IEM cables.
Quote:
Just a quick question: Do the Heir Audio Magnus IEM cables fit these? My stock cable oxidised and is really stiff now so I'm looking to get a replacement.

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #1,836 of 6,413
I have no idea what you are talking about. That is not an official product. You may be thinking of the generic demo unit of the AS-2 that has passed a few hands, but that is not an official product either. For now, you only got what you see on the aurisonics page here: http://www.aurisonics.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=23
Quote:
Where can you get the ASG 2?

Oct 24, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #1,837 of 6,413
Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about. That is not an official product. You may be thinking of the generic demo unit of the AS-2 that has passed a few hands, but that is not an official product either. For now, you only got what you see on the aurisonics page here: http://www.aurisonics.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=23

Oh right, sorry, did not know.

The AS 2 is on there? And I thought it came out in July? 

And what are the differences between the ASG 1.2 and ASG 1S?

Oct 24, 2012 at 4:10 AM Post #1,838 of 6,413
I concur with kenman, the ASG-2 is yet to be a Thing, per se. 

On that note, I did have the opportunity to try out the universal demo for the AS-2 yesterday (not the ASG-2), for a few minutes. It wasn't a prolonged listening session, for sure, so I couldn't possibly have spent enough time to have a firm opinion on the AS-2. But the few minutes I spent with the AS-2 universal demo was enough for me to ascertain the following:

- The BAs lend a much more refined and sweeter touch to the overall Aurisonics signature. I was expecting a sharper highs and a bit of sibilance, but this was not apparent at all. High end extension was definitely present, but the overall signature still had a firm midrange emphasis. The AS-2 universal demo unit retained Aurisonics' focus on reproducing audio with a natural feel - vis a vis accurate / critical listening type of signature.

- The AS-2 universal demo unit had a bigger low-end response as compared to my ASG-1 or AS-1 (with ports wide open). Its not more, just bigger. I'd daresay even deeper than the ASG-1 or AS-1. Will need more time to ascertain whether that's true, but it did seem that way to me during my cursory listen. I noticed a port on the faceplate of the AS-2 universal demo unit, just above the bottom screw (sorry, couldn't take photos). I reckoned it was a bass port - that might contribute to the slightly enhanced bass.

- The unit definitely had a smaller chassis than the ASG-1, it didn't hug my ear as closely as the ASG-1. Probably won't be an issue for the AS-2 proper, but I'm wondering if this is a sign of what's to come if this gets translated to an ASG-2 unit. Food for thought.

The bottom line for me is that I'm very impressed by how the AS-2 universal demo unit. I honestly couldn't resist breaking into a crap-eating grin when listening to the demo unit, because it just sounded so sweet - in every sense of the word. 

Just thought I'd share some impressions of the AS-2 universal demo. I've got my AS-1's modded to AS-2 specs, and I'm told that they've been shipped out to me already. Hopefully I'll receive them in a couple weeks' time... if the universal demo unit is anything to go by, the AS-2 should really be something else. Really looking forward to receiving em!

Oct 24, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #1,839 of 6,413
I just bought the ASG 1.2 from another Head-Fier. I was dubious about the claims for dynamics before. I bought (and soon sold) GR07 because I could never get a good fit, so the vaunted bass never materialized. But these Aurisonics have made me a believer. They're especially good for EDM. Be only thing is the cable. It's nearly teal now. What third party cables fit? The socket looks recessed and I'd like a black cable if possible.

Thanks in advance

Oct 24, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #1,840 of 6,413
rroseperry, I've been told that any cable that fits the westone-style recessed sockets would fit. I myself am getting the Silver Dragons from Moon audio based on other ASG-1 users' feedback.

I should have them by monday night and will post impressions, etc.

Oct 24, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #1,841 of 6,413
rroseperry, I've been told that any cable that fits the westone-style recessed sockets would fit. I myself am getting the Silver Dragons from Moon audio based on other ASG-1 users' feedback.

I should have them by monday night and will post impressions, etc.

Thanks PhoenixClaw. I look forward to reading your impressions.

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #1,842 of 6,413
Quote:
The AS 2 is on there? And I thought it came out in July? 

And what are the differences between the ASG 1.2 and ASG 1S?

The AS-2 are the ones that came out in July

Differences in a nutshell:
  1. Different aesthetics: chrome plates and polished body
  2. hand picked drivers: according to Dale the drivers are hand picked and the bass of the drivers are a bit more tame. around 1 in every 100 driver units fit the requirements for ASG-1S drivers
  3. They are hand made by Dale

I just bought the ASG 1.2 from another Head-Fier. I was dubious about the claims for dynamics before. I bought (and soon sold) GR07 because I could never get a good fit, so the vaunted bass never materialized. But these Aurisonics have made me a believer. They're especially good for EDM. Be only thing is the cable. It's nearly teal now. What third party cables fit? The socket looks recessed and I'd like a black cable if possible.
Thanks in advance

Black cables do exist, I'm fairly sure you can order one from Aurisonics

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #1,843 of 6,413
Yeah, sorry.  The confusion about the ASG-2 is probably my fault.  I was able to try out the AS-2 demo unit for a little over a week and wasn't sure what to call them... except amazing!

I didn't take any pictures of the port, either.  From what I can tell it was definitely a bass vent, but I think it also doubled as an ambient port.  I'm not really sure.  My only complaint with the demo unit was the ambient bleed and my problems getting a good seal.  I like to have really strong isolation with my headphones and the ambient noise was just too distracting for me.  I do a lot of listening for work and often that is while traveling.  That being said, I ordered a pair of AS-2s last week and they have my impressions.

It was really a sad day when I sent the demo unit back.  As soon as I went back to my trusty EQ-7s I was instantly disappointed in the sound that they produce and the fit of the headphones.  These used to be my go-to headphones.  Now I'm waiting with uncontrolled anticipation for my AS-2s.

Oct 24, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #1,844 of 6,413
Quote:

I really don't see the point in being overly secretive about the ASG-2. We all know it's going to be here eventually, it's just a matter of when. Saying you have no idea  what he means is a straight up lie. 

I for one will be among the first to buy the ASG-2 when Dale feels it's ready to be released.

Oct 24, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #1,845 of 6,413
Quote:

I really don't see the point in being overly secretive about the ASG-2. We all know it's going to be here eventually, it's just a matter of when. Saying you have no idea  what he means is a straight up lie. 

I for one will be among the first to buy the ASG-2 when Dale feels it's ready to be released.

Well, the "ASG-2" might not be called the ASG-2. Going against all logic, it is still entirely possible Dale can change the name of what it's called until it's officially announced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back