Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Oct 30, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #1,862 of 6,413
Quote:

EDIT: Just wanted to point out I am none the wiser to the plans of Aurisonics in terms of releasing the ASG-2. Every time I ask Dale has a new answer as sales have been very strong for the AS-2. The usual response is "soon" though, The main thing is if you want the UE900's, they're probably gonna be a nice bet for you, but if I were you I'd wait till the end of the month to make a decision. Dale teased the ASG-2 would be out by the end of the year, we should hopefully know when they will launch by the end of the month.

Man end of year couldn't come sooner. .   My ASG-1 has been collecting dust since March.

I decided to skip 1.1 & 1.2 upgrades as I felt they would only partially address the issues & did not justify the postage/TAX/costs to US from EU.

Since first hearing of ASG-2 upgrade path, I have been patiently waiting.. seems like forever.

Every now & than i take the ASG-1's out to admire & than put them back in the otterbox.

Come on Dale gives us the upgrades already please.

And don't forget to take care of us loyal ones in EU that paid extra $50 for postage & $50 for duty TAX. Give us some loving too.

I'm hoping the upgrades can be declared as repair work.

Oct 30, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #1,863 of 6,413
Everything can be burnt in. Basically, the belief is that for a cable, the more it's used, the easier the flow of electrons is through the cable. Or something like that. Basically, burn in of a silver cable will bring out more of it's analytical characteristics and open the soundstage a bit. I've noticed it myself though it's been a while since I had a new cable. I had a burn in station when I was cable obsessed that literally allowed me to burn in any piece of gear ASAP.
Quote:

I can understand the drivers (i.e. moving parts) in an IEM changing as they burn-in. However, this is the first time I've ever heard about a cable burn-in. What exactly is burning in?

Terry.

Oct 30, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #1,864 of 6,413
Quote:
Everything can be burnt in. Basically, the belief is that for a cable, the more it's used, the easier the flow of electrons is through the cable. Or something like that. Basically, burn in of a silver cable will bring out more of it's analytical characteristics and open the soundstage a bit. I've noticed it myself though it's been a while since I had a new cable. I had a burn in station when I was cable obsessed that literally allowed me to burn in any piece of gear ASAP.

Please forgive me for expressing a bit of skepticism. The audio / hi-fi industry is fraught with myth, mis-information and marketing hyperbole. On top of that our ear / brain system can be easily influenced by the power of suggestion, and our perception of sound is strongly influenced by the sound pressure level we listen at (i.e. Fletcher Munson equal-loudness contours).

Can you point me to any controlled, independent, double-blind IEM cable burn-in studies?

Thanks.

Terry.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #1,865 of 6,413
I totally agree. I've only heard reports myself. Never really looked into it. I stopped spending money on cables a while ago.
Quote:
Please forgive me for expressing a bit of skepticism. The audio / hi-fi industry is fraught with myth, mis-information and marketing hyperbole. On top of that our ear / brain system can be easily influenced by the power of suggestion, and our perception of sound is strongly influenced by the sound pressure level we listen at (i.e. Fletcher Munson equal-loudness contours).

Can you point me to any controlled, independent, double-blind IEM cable burn-in studies?

Thanks.

Terry.

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #1,866 of 6,413
Can anyone tell me if these are the 1.2 or 1?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aurisonics-ASG-1-Digital-Hybrid-Professional-In-Ear-Monitor-Brand-New-IEM-/261081841356?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Speakers_Monitors&hash=item3cc9b0becc

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #1,867 of 6,413
Quote:
Can anyone tell me if these are the 1.2 or 1?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aurisonics-ASG-1-Digital-Hybrid-Professional-In-Ear-Monitor-Brand-New-IEM-/261081841356?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Speakers_Monitors&hash=item3cc9b0becc

1.2 by the image. 

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #1,869 of 6,413
Quote:
Do these double flanges from Hifiman fit the ASG-1?
http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=33#

Yep. Though, my all time favorite tips for the ASG-1 are the extra long single flanges from Meelec M11 tip set.

....which I can't seem to find on the meelec site anymore. Here's a link to the iem itself. It's $25, but you get a crapload of tips, which is always handy, and an iem you can toss in a gym bag.

http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-M11-BK-Sound-Isolation-Headphones/dp/B003VTZPOS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351684609&sr=8-1&keywords=meelectronics+m11

Nov 1, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #1,871 of 6,413
Quote:
How do you know if its an ASG 1.2 or 1?

Aesthetics...  The ASG 1.2 have a blue and red dot on the upper part of the earpiece for the left and right respectively.  There is also a filter in the nozzle.  Otherwise, they look alike. 

Nov 1, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #1,875 of 6,413
It's ten bucks plus the cost of shipping (i think) to get them upgraded to the ASG-1.2's. 

I'd send them back and get your money back though. Better off getting them from a supplier with a current stock. 
Quote:
There is no filter... Just realized I've been ripped off lol. Thread said ASG 1.2 now I realized he sold me the ASG 1. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back