Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Oct 24, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #1,846 of 6,413
Quote:
Well, the "ASG-2" might not be called the ASG-2. Going against all logic, it is still entirely possible Dale can change the name of what it's called until it's officially announced.

Please. What's he going to call it? "Mega-Ultra-Hybrid IEM...generic style."? (MUHIEMGS for short).

For instance, kenman himself mentioned the ASG-2 a couple of pages back:

EDIT: Just wanted to point out I am none the wiser to the plans of Aurisonics in terms of releasing the ASG-2. Every time I ask Dale has a new answer as sales have been very strong for the AS-2. The usual response is "soon" though, The main thing is if you want the UE900's, they're probably gonna be a nice bet for you, but if I were you I'd wait till the end of the month to make a decision. Dale teased the ASG-2 would be out by the end of the year, we should hopefully know when they will launch by the end of the month.

I'm just saying this because there's been a lot of unnecessary secretiveness going on that simply makes Aurisonics owners (like myself) look bad. Do you notice how quiet this thread is?

Oct 24, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #1,847 of 6,413
People just dont get the humor sometimes. This thread is dead because everyones waiting on the group buy. 

Mega-Ultra-Hybrid IEM...generic style. Thats a sick name man. I'll pass it along to Dale. I think he was going for Mega-ultra-super-duper-Hybrid IEM....generic style......
Quote:

Please. What's he going to call it? "Mega-Ultra-Hybrid IEM...generic style."? (MUHIEMGS for short).

I'm just saying this because there's been a lot of unnecessary secretiveness going on that simply makes Aurisonics owners (like myself) look bad. Do you notice how quiet this thread is?

Oct 24, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #1,848 of 6,413
Tell me about it. It's like an aural-tease until it's time to get down with ordering.

Oct 25, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #1,850 of 6,413
So are these the 1.2 version?
http://www.aurisonics.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=132:262164da6ca42d99834352fb3b147f99

Oct 25, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #1,853 of 6,413
They do. Once again I recommend people check the link in my signature to find out more about any aftermarket cable. The Moon-Audio Silver Dragon V1 IEM cable is overmolded and thus can fit recessed sockets like those on the Aurisonics ASG-1's. If you want to find some reviews, Their should be one to the right of that cable listing. 

Stay tuned for a new version of the list. coming out in a week or two. Gonna be several times more informative and convenient.
Quote:
According to several people I've talked to they do.

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #1,854 of 6,413
Quote:
People just dont get the humor sometimes. This thread is dead because everyones waiting on the group buy. 

Mega-Ultra-Hybrid IEM...generic style. Thats a sick name man. I'll pass it along to Dale. I think he was going for Mega-ultra-super-duper-Hybrid IEM....generic style......

How do I sign up for this group buy? Has somebody started a thread for it?

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #1,857 of 6,413
Okay I just got my SD cables. It fits perfectly with the recessed sockets. It's definitely stiffer and heavier than stock cable but I personally find it fine.

I can't comment on the sound yet, but my first impressions are good. I stopped using the EQ in my clip+ already.

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #1,858 of 6,413
You have there a silver cable. General consensus is that a Silver cable takes about 150-250 hours to fully burn in and reach its maximum potential. I have even heard claims from companies saying that a Silver cable is not fully burned in till after 350+ hours of use. My feeling is assuming through all that use the cable hasnt been getting destroyed from misuse, it is constantly getting better as you use it more. I usually let cables burn in for a good amount of time though.
Quote:
Okay I just got my SD cables. It fits perfectly with the recessed sockets. It's definitely stiffer and heavier than stock cable but I personally find it fine.

I can't comment on the sound yet, but my first impressions are good. I stopped using the EQ in my clip+ already.

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #1,859 of 6,413
Quote:
You have there a silver cable. General consensus is that a Silver cable takes about 150-250 hours to fully burn in and reach its maximum potential. I have even heard claims from companies saying that a Silver cable is not fully burned in till after 350+ hours of use. My feeling is assuming through all that use the cable hasnt been getting destroyed from misuse, it is constantly getting better as you use it more. I usually let cables burn in for a good amount of time though.

I can't really comment as I have no other experience with aftermarket cables at all. I'll keep the burn-in in mind but I think i'll rack up those hours listening to the ASG-1s instead of leaving them playing for burn in. I believe even for ergonomics the SD is fine. The weight of the cable keeps them from jumping out of my ears. It's actually better now as the ear guides in the stock cable kind of got in the way with my glasses and I always had to fiddle to get them back when they get shifted from their position.

I find the sound difference t o be interesting though. It might be my own placebo or something else but as I've said I changed the cable halfway through a song and right when I continued the sound was different. I believe it's an upgrade because I didn't need to EQ anymore. I'm also doing some more listening out of my PC with more of my library to see how it goes. For some music, the difference is minute. But there are also tracks that surprise me. There's definitely better detail throughout.

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #1,860 of 6,413
Quote:

I can understand the drivers (i.e. moving parts) in an IEM changing as they burn-in. However, this is the first time I've ever heard about a cable burn-in. What exactly is burning in?

Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back