Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Sep 8, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #1,786 of 6,413
Quote:

The 1.1 and 1.0 sound very similar.  The main differences, as far as I know is that the 1.0 has a spike at the 1.2 kHz region while the 1.1 has this moved to the 2 kHz region (the 2 kHz spike is much more common and known as a resonance spike to reproduce what the natural ear amplifies).  The 1.2 version rids of this spike, tames treble a little further, and adds a tone more bass.  

Thanks for the info, I think I'm going to pass on them.

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #1,788 of 6,413
 Thanks to Eke who generously let me hear his 1.2. For the little payed for this upgrade I think it is worth it. The mids especially I feel is much better than version 1 which is what I have. Doing A/B comparisons. The highs do seem to be a bit more tamed as well as the mids. A bit of eq brings back the highs but is missing micro details of other proper timbre detailed earphones..For me at least the reason why I didn't upgrade my ASGs. If I am going to upgrade I am going to upgrade to the ASG-2 which just can't come soon enough. I also noticed from going back n forth from the 2 versions. The dampened mid section makes the bass end come out more on the 1.2s. I am sure you guys have already read plenty of impressions of the the 2 that confirms what I am hearing but I thought I would throw out my .02 cents worth.

The bass end is nice but I feel these need proper highs for them to truly shine which the new update should fix. I simply can't wait for the word when we can send out ASG-1s for the makeover..Will keep tabs on the thread for the word. When is the question..The 1.2s are a nice improvement and I can't wait to hear the new and improved 2s will do.

Oh sorry to tell you this Eke. but I think your pair has a slight channel imbalance. The left side is a bit louder than the right. It is like 52% to 48% left to right. Music don't seemed centered. I can tell because going back to my version 1s vocals is centered down the middle yours is left side biased. Well you might as well wait till we can send all our ASG-1s in for the fix. It could be a slight angle difference in the filter inside the nozzle too that could unbalancing the sound a bit. Don't know but it is definitely left sided more so than right.

Sep 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #1,790 of 6,413
It is slight but I can tell. The left channel has just a bit more volume. I tried several tunes and all of them are left channel biased vocals lean more toward the left channel. I think it would have been harder to tell if I didn't have another ASG on hand but since I have mine and was doing some A/Bing I thought I would point that out to you.Will send back soon so you can get this issue resolved. Or you can wait till 2.0.

Sep 12, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #1,791 of 6,413
Quote:
It is slight but I can tell. The left channel has just a bit more volume. I tried several tunes and all of them are left channel biased vocals lean more toward the left channel. I think it would have been harder to tell if I didn't have another ASG on hand but since I have mine and was doing some A/Bing I thought I would point that out to you.Will send back soon so you can get this issue resolved. Or you can wait till 2.0.

I think I'll try to get it sorted out first. Who knows when the two will turn up?

Sep 12, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #1,792 of 6,413
That's on a strictly need to know basis, and I apparently don't need to know that much yet. Should be in the next few months though. Can be as early as the end of this month to as late as forever........ (but all signs point towards soon being the best answer to that question, how soon? Well, probably really soon, but not soon enough)
Quote:

I think I'll try to get it sorted out first. Who knows when the two will turn up?

(I am having fun with this, still don't have any hard facts from Dale, but I assume we'll find out more when we hear about the group buy)

EDIT: When's Group buy details coming? Well......"soon".

At least they havent sold you a product and then said it'll be ready "soon", they are waiting to provide more information when they are ready to have the product delivered in a timely manner.

Sep 14, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #1,794 of 6,413
Quote:
Just wondering, has anyone tried pairing the ASG-1/AS-1/AS-2 with any of the Hisound players? Thinking about upgrading my source but not sure yet.

I'm thinking of the same pairing, but I was also wanting to hedge my bets by trying an EX1000 before settling on a player.  Should be interesting.

Sep 17, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #1,795 of 6,413
ASG-1S impressions so far:
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree in the sense that the ASG-1 have the characteristics that makes them a stage monitor in Dale's eyes (as I forget when I posted those, you can also find the same information at the bottom of my ASG-1.1 review here). Now before you read any further, I would like to remind everyone that I have not heard the ASG-1.2 yet so I can't make any comparisons to the sound. 

Now some of you may recall that I said I COULD NOT stand  the ASG-1.1's sound without EQ. Static radios aren't exactly my cup of tea so you could imagine the smile I had on my face when I didn't hear the a radio tint at all. It does seem that Dale tuned them to have a bass bloat which seems to veil the mids to echo a little more with and distort them a little (After a little EQ, it seems like this is caused mainly by the treble drop (this logic seems backed up by the EQ I use). So the ASG-1S doesn't seem like it should sound too different from the ASG-1.2 (if what I see on the graph should translate to what I hear) but I will need to listen to a pair to determine that. When it comes down to it, I think there are only minor differences between the two looking at the ASG-1.2 graph and comparing it to what I hear.

More updates to come... :wink:

This pic should be a little more focused then the last ones I uploaded

Sep 18, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #1,797 of 6,413
Gotta wait for more.....sorry.
Quote:

What a tease stopping in mid sentence like that.

Didnt notice that myself when I read it though, funny 

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #1,799 of 6,413
I'm still anxiously waiting for ASG-2 upgrade information. I will probably do it the moment it becomes available.

Currently looking at the Heir Audio Magnus and Moon Audio Silver Dragon cables as an aftermarket upgrade. I've only managed to demo the Beat Audio Titan and Sahara (Cronus) and preferred the Cronus by a long margin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back