Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jun 13, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #901 of 6,413
Already can't wait for the ASG-2. Hope the driver supplier gets stock built up sooner than later....

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #902 of 6,413
So, just was rereading some old posts, figured I should share this with everyone considering the ASG-2's and to help calm some people down. This quote was taken from the linked post HERE , but seems to pertain to the AS-2's, not the ASG-2's, but this might also change some peoples preference on which to get.

Quote Aurisonics:
[size=medium]That being said, we will offer a group buy for head-fi to allow people to sign up and pre-purchase them at a discounted group rate. Details will follow at the proper time.[/size]

I hope people still remember that a lot of information really has been given, and that not everything has changed since then. While we haven't heard more about this, the fact remains that Dale/Aurisonics has posts a lot of information for consumers on the forums that has yet to all come to light. Hopefully soon you will hear more, as I honestly have no idea, though talking to Dale over emails has yielded the mindset that he's very focused on the AS-2 launch and will have a lot more time for everything he has mentioned to the community after that has happened.

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #905 of 6,413
Quote:
anyone have tip recommendations besides monster? will the meelec double flange ones fit? if anyone knows specifically which ones fit well that would be awesome 

The meelec double flanges from the M6 will fit. My personal fave is the extra long single flange from the meelec m11 tip set.

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #906 of 6,413
Quote:
anyone have tip recommendations besides monster? will the meelec double flange ones fit? if anyone knows specifically which ones fit well that would be awesome 

Ultimate Ears single flange tips work well also.  I've heard MEE duoflanges work too (but I've never been able to get a seal with them with any headphone :frowning2:)

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #907 of 6,413
Quote:

Ultimate Ears single flange tips work well also.  I've heard MEE duoflanges work too (but I've never been able to get a seal with them with any headphone :frowning2:)

Everyones ears are different, some tips work better for some, some work better for others, you just gotta try a bunch i guess. Or go for custom sleeves

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #908 of 6,413
Quote:
Everyones ears are different, some tips work better for some, some work better for others, you just gotta try a bunch i guess. Or go for custom sleeves

True true...  It's the size of my ears here though.  I can't get the dual flange to fit in :p 

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #909 of 6,413
Quote:

Yeah, couldn't agree here more. I know that long tips (double and triple flange) don't work at all for my ears, and that usually a manufacturer's simple single flange is going to be the best option. I've purchased and tried out many earphones over the last several years, and so thankfully have a big bag o' tips to choose from. You just have to try all the options you have, and listen for the subtle differences.

Jun 13, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #910 of 6,413
@dnullify, my mobile setup is Fuze>ASG1de. Today, I found out that +6dB treble on Fuze is destroying some detail in the upper mids (?) so I just set it to +4dB. Test track was Metallica's My Friend of Misery.

Jun 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #911 of 6,413
so i got my asg-1 rev 1.2s today. i noticed when i got to work that the left ear nozzle doesn't have anything black in it and the right ear nozzle does. is this normal? http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/3628/photojqf.jpg

Jun 14, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #912 of 6,413
I received these yesterday and could not get a good fit with the included tips.  The double flange sounded the best but it felt uncomfortable.  I tried the Sony hybrids and did not care for the sound using those.  Today I received some Meelec. single flanges and these seem to do the trick.  For the sound, it is the oddest I've encountered in an IEM yet.  Some tunes sound just amazing and others just so so.  I can't believe how big the stage is.  This might be the cause of the oddity and why it's awesome and not for certain tracks.  Anyway, I'm sure these will need lots of breaking in so I'll keep at it.  Definitely one of the most unique earphones I've ever encountered.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back