Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jun 14, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #917 of 6,413
Quote:
Bah, waited a while to get these and now gotta wait more it seems.

Ugh. That sucks, my sympathies.

I'm seriously thinking about just ordering the ASG-1, and worrying about the ASG-2 when it's actually released.

My wallet on the other hand, is reminding me that it would cost me down the road...

Jun 14, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #918 of 6,413
Danny, it feels like theres a reverb on the left channel. everything is kinda boomy and echoy. not super noticeable with everything, but some songs its super obvious and sound strange. even the tracks where its hard to notice if i close my eyes and actively listen i can clear that reverb / chorus / echo whatever it is. eh i take that back, not noticeable with everything, but when its there you can tell.

Jun 14, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #919 of 6,413
Quote:
so i got my asg-1 rev 1.2s today. i noticed when i got to work that the left ear nozzle doesn't have anything black in it and the right ear nozzle does. is this normal? http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/3628/photojqf.jpg

Not normal, there should be filters in both ear nozzles so I would contact Aurisonics

Jun 15, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #923 of 6,413
Quote:
There's no rev 1.3

It was a joke... I hope. Pretty funny actually.

Also, I did that Bass Test with my ASG- 1.1 and hear or feel absolutely nothing till the man says 20hz. Either my ears are bad, or the 1.2 has a ridiculous increase in bass, or you all have super-human hearing. Not that 20hz is exactly shabby.

Edit: If I turn the volume waaaayy up, I can maybe make out something very vague and rolled off at 10hz but its absolutely useless so it doesn't matter. I'm sticking to my story of start to roll off drastically after 25hz.

Jun 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #925 of 6,413
Quote:

I don't think so.  Although I do get how it could be.

If I was the guy, I would go along with what you said just to save face.

Haha, maybe you're right. I just figured he was making a joke about there being a bunch of revisions and that Rev. 1.2 was actually only 1 filter on one side.

Jun 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #926 of 6,413
I don't think so.  Although I do get how it could be.

If I was the guy, I would go along with what you said just to save face.

Dale made it very clear that he (or his staff) personally tested each set before sending things out, so obviously scoppbb's set is a new design. Good for you, scoppbb!

BTW, scoppbb, keep it mind that ASG is designed as stage monitor, so give yourself some time to get used to the sound signature. Of course, you can always upgrade to ASG2!

Jun 15, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #927 of 6,413
the sound sig is actually nice. for me its perfect. the highs are exactly where i wanna be with great mids and pretty good bass. 

also using a low frequency sweep with voice over i can definitely hear 10 hz. 
Quote:
Dale made it very clear that he (or his staff) personally tested each set before sending things out, so obviously scoppbb's set is a new design. Good for you, scoppbb!
BTW, scoppbb, keep it mind that ASG is designed as stage monitor, so give yourself some time to get used to the sound signature. Of course, you can always upgrade to ASG2!

Jun 15, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #928 of 6,413
I was just going to post about EQ settings and then I saw this. They're the best I've tried so far. Thanks!

My problem at first was that using an EQ similar to the "treble boost" setting on itunes seemed to add more treble detail and sparkle at the expense of the mids, which sounded too flat although they were still quite forward. I don't hear that with this EQ setting.

Quote:

I noticed the same thing. My Fiio E10 takes them to another level of control and refinement.

cn11, try this EQ out: 2000 Hz : +1.5 dB. 4000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 5000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 8000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 12000 Hz : +5.0 dB 16000 Hz : +5.5 dB.

You better let me know what you think. I dug through 30 pages to find it again 
tongue.gif

Jun 15, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #929 of 6,413
Quote:

What I was referring to was how I could see how it was a joke.  And the person saving face was the person who stated it was Rev 1.3

In case you didn't get it.  There have been a lot of revisions, stating that one had a black filter while the other didn't as a revision was funny because of how many revisions have been done.  

Jun 15, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #930 of 6,413
Quote:
I was just going to post about EQ settings and then I saw this. They're the best I've tried so far. Thanks!

My problem at first was that using an EQ similar to the "treble boost" setting on itunes seemed to add more treble detail and sparkle at the expense of the mids, which sounded too flat although they were still quite forward. I don't hear that with this EQ setting.

I'm glad you like it. The EQ presets Apple implemented after iOS 4 don't really boost anything, but they lower the other frequencies. Treble Boost works by lowering the mids and bass, making the treble sound louder in comparison...bastards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back